Gdpr ***Resolved***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1953 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hopefully I have posted this in the correct forum.

I had reason to ask a vet i visited last week to send my pets history to another vet, which they did straight away.

Today I went to the second vet to ask if I could have a copy of history they had received but they refused saying it was the property of the first vet and that I needed to contact them.

I did this but they also refused saying it was something they had never done before. I mention lodging an SAR but they said all they would supply then would be the information they held on me personally such as my name and address and any payments I had made but nothing concerning my pet that they had examined.

Although half of me can see the logic in this I wonder whether they are correct. I am not after causing either of the vets any trouble but wanted to see exactly what had been recorded regarding my pets condition.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

GDPR doesn't really have anything to do with this so not much point in a SAR. You can't use a GDPR SAR to find out information about your pet because GDPR only deals with the personal information of living human beings. Not animals. On the other hand the "personal information" of animals (if you can have such a thing) isn't protected by law so nothing in data protection law would stop them giving you the information.

But it doesn't look like either vet 1 or vet 2 are basing their refusal on anything to do with GDPR/data protection. They are saying that the veterinary medical records of what vet 1 did to your pet are the property of vet 1 and can only be released by vet 1. Which they have declined to do. I'm not sure where you go from there.

Well done thread title updated.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread