Euro Car Parks!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1984 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Got to love them.

Daughters boyfriend just received a NTK for staying to long in a petrol station.

The car was there but wouldn't start after filling up with petrol - I know because I had to go and get it started.

The wording is brilliant!

I will going down there to check signage and also speak to the garage staff to try to get it rescinded as they will be able to check CCTV - don't hold much hope.

First time i've heard about ANPR in a petrol station!

Not the first time I'm afraid. I have seen a couple of threads here. This one may just be the one you need.

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?489035-Euro-car-parks-ANPR-PCN-MRH-Esso-meads-Purfleet-**WON-AT-POPLA**&p=5138735&viewfull=1#post5138735

It can be quiet on the weekend but hold fire for more advice.

In the meantime, can you fill this in please.

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?462118-Have-you-received-a-Parking-Ticket&p=4883055&viewfull=1#post4883055

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Now staff at petrol station wont have any say in this so you need to attack the owners of the franchise first. request CCTV and if they say they havent got it then ask who gave permission to destroy it? Use pen and paper after initial enquiry so they cant wriggle

Been into the petrol station twice and phoned twice to get hold of the manager but no luck as yet. Going back in today. NTK attached.

1 Date of the infringement - 01/11/18

2 Date on the NTK 07/11/18

3 Date received 08/11/18

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? Y

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? just number plate

6 Have you appealed? {y/n?] N

Have you had a response? [Y/N?] N/A

7 Who is the parking company? Euro Car PArks

8. Where exactly BP Petrol Garage, Romford

euro car parks ntk_0002.jpg

euro car parks ntk_0001.jpg

Hi,

I have unapproved your images as you have left in the car reg. Can you remove that and repost.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

I'm assuming this is the site in question.

https://www.google.com/maps/@51.5656307,0.1770434,3a,82.7y,316.01h,103.25t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s00sKtrlcN_Lgc4OYlAgRlA!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

I notice there is a sign directly in front of the entrance however, it isn't lit so at the time you visited, it's likely that it was dark so could not be seen. At the other entry, there is a sign on the wall but again, unlit. As far as I can tell, there is only one other sign on the lamp post which is lit but the fact that the other signs are unlit, it would be reasonable not to look for this sign as the other two are basically in places where car headlights cannot illuminate.

It's definitely worth visiting again to take pictures of the signs. (better done in the dark too)

The one good thing about ECP is that they rarely do court having taken a total of one case this year.

If any appeal is thought of, never state who the driver was and use the fact that the car wouldn't start as mitigation. They will reject any appeal out of hand but they must give a POPLA code to go for independent appeal and this is where the lack of visible signage can be argued.

Thats the garage. The sign in the picture now has another sign below it. I have a pic on my phone so will upload and also take pics at night. The sign on the wall at the other side of the garage you would not see as you turn in as it would not be in your eyeline.

Just a question, why would you not mention the car wouldn't start in any appeal. Petrol was put in a pump 7 and then would not start. I had to go down to push car from forecourt then jump start.

amended pic below

euro car parks ntk_0001.jpg

You need to get on to Motor Fuel Group, who own the MRH brand. They are based in St Albans, 3 named directors so look them up and email them.

You could try phoning their head office and complain about this and point out that threre was no parking event and that the staff at the store have been unhelpful to say the least They are often eihter managed or franchised so bad publicity will damage their brand.

As MFG took over MRH the parking co may not have a valid contract anyway but that isnt always a given as agreements can be transferred with other liabilites.

Ask whoever you speak to about the planning permission for the parkingcowboys sigange and point out that if they do decide to sue son in law that they will be named as co-defendants.

Let them know that your SiL will be making a SAR for the CCTV footage so they ahd better tell that station to keep it or more trouble over the horizon.