Halifax/Drydens 2007 repo shortfall - been paying for 8yrs - now payments bounces

lanisteve
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1591 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks man, I just feel like my life is on hiatus at the minute and I'm about to be hit with a big bill just before Christmas.

I've had anxiety over this for years and it's affected my health badly

I really wish it would disappear and leave me to live my life.

Sounds pathetic I know.

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

you will not be getting any big bill about this now nor in the future

they cant operate like that.

pers I think you've been had on this for years and Halifax will go radio silent now apart from getting the usual round of powerless DCA's to chase you on their behalf which you IGNORE.

you will only need to p'haps comeback to us if you get a notice of assignment sometime

enjoy xmas forget about it

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 1 year later...

I'd been paying £40/month since 2009 to Drydens to cover a ~32k shortfall on my reposession I had with an ex partner only for Drydens to refund one of my payments and told me there had been a "commercial decision" and they no longer managed the account, and that it had been handed across to Moorcroft.

Today I received a letter from Moorcroft asking if I was indeed the person they were looking for and that they needed me to get in touch to discuss " a personal matter" - I have no other debts apart from a small amount on a credit card which is all up to date, so it has to be the shortfall.

What shall I do - ignore the letter?

What if someone turns up at my door from Moorcroft?

Because I made the mistake of paying Drydens on the debt until 2018, does that now mean I can be chased for 12 years (i.e. 2030) before I finally get my life back?

I'm suffering from anxiety and panic attacks because of the stress over the last 10 years and I'm not sure I'll make it to be honest,  pathetic as it sounds.

Dreading the door knocking is a terrible feeling, and it makes me feel like I can't go out in case one of my kids answers when I'm not there. Horrible.

Life has changed and I own a home again now with my new wife + kids, I'm crapping myself in case I get made bankrupt or something and I lose my home.

Grateful for all help received, thank you.

• dx100uk changed the title to Halifax/Drydens 2007 repo shortfall - been paying for 8yrs - now payments bounces

read from  post 14

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 2 weeks later...

Moorcroft made contact again today with a letter telling me that they're pleased to announce that they're taking over the account, and I now owe £29,xxx on the account - would I like to pay by Direct Debit, Standing Order, or Online.

In the letter it did reference some letters they claim they've sent over the last couple of weeks regarding the account (I did not receive these) - the only letter I got was from them trying to locate me.

I take it this is just a ploy to get me to admit to the debt by responding?

It says:

-----------

RE: Halifax, Balance £29017.48

We refer to the letter sent to you recently, relating to future payments of the above account. I am please to advise that with effect of the date of this letter, the administration of your account will be managed by Moorcroft Debt Recovery Ltd.

it is important that we confirm a number of details on your account to ensure that any existing arrangement you had previously agreed is maintained.

Your current payment method will determine the action you need to take:

Direct Debit - your previous plan has been cancelled, please contact us to set up a new regular payment

etc...

Please call us on 0161 47529998 in the next 7 days so that we can discuss your repayment proposal and provide you with your preferred repayment method. Alternatively visit our website at www.mdrl.co.uk

We look forward to hearing from you soon,

Yours sincerely,

A.J. Martin
Debt Recovery Manager.

-----------

ignore

dx

and they

The thing I'm really struggling with here and I really appreciate your patience on this is because I have admitted the debt to the previous debt collection agency.

Surely that constitutes me needing to continue paying now that it's been transferred to a new DCA

I guess I just don't understand

- all I do understand is it's making me feel sick,

seems like i'm going to be on the hook for this £29k for years of my life.

Sad too tat my ex who was 50% on the mortgage seems to not have to worry about any of this and has obviously not paid anything over the years or the balance would be further down.

How come its all on me? Surely I am entitled a life?

you've been had thats why..cash cowed

you fell for a threat-o-gram from a paperwork only solicitor...fake/tame 

I bet Halifax hasn't seen a penny of that money you paid

and you've now got another powerless DCA trying the same things 

they need free money for their xmas party drinkies 

if Halifax want the money.. then its THEM you pay attention too.

and they