Sofa purchased online.

grayson
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1965 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I purchased a sofa from Argos online, it was delivered a couple of days ago.

I assembled it yesterday and disposed of the packaging as I didn't notice any faults. However, after a few hours of sitting it's so unbelievably uncomfortable, to the extent of my bum and legs going numb. I don't think I can live with it for much longer its so uncomfortable.

My question is can it be returned for a refund or exchange as it has been used and has no packaging? Still in perfect condition though.

Thanks

Under the Consumer Contracts Regulations, you are allowed to return an item if you simply change your mind.You have the right to cancel at any time from the moment you place your online order, and up to 14 days from the day you receive your goods.

You need to notify the retailer of your wish to cancel your order within this time period .You then have a further 14 days from the date you notify the retailer of your cancellation to return the goods.

Andy

• Confused 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Under the Consumer Contracts Regulations, you are allowed to return an item if you simply change your mind.You have the right to cancel at any time from the moment you place your online order, and up to 14 days from the day you receive your goods.

You need to notify the retailer of your wish to cancel your order within this time period .You then have a further 14 days from the date you notify the retailer of your cancellation to return the goods.

Andy

Thanks for the reply.

Even if packaging has been disposed and as its a sofa do I pay to returning item?

Check with Argos T&Cs and terms of return...packaging is irrelevant

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Check with Argos T&Cs and terms of return...packaging is irrelevant

Does this mean I'm stuck with it?

Can I return it if there’s nothing wrong with it?

Absolutely! We offer a 30 day returns guarantee on most items. (We’re nice like that.) So if you need to bring it back, just bring it back to any Argos store. Or if you got it delivered, we can collect it for free and refund your original delivery charge. If it is a small item you can also return it to a store at a convenient time for you and we can refund you immediately. However it may take 5 – 7 days for your bank to process the money.

We’ll either refund the cash onto the original payment method or offer you an exchange. Easy.

You just need these 3 things:

Your proof of purchase

The item should be unused, in its original packaging and in a re-sellable condition

Any free items that came with your product unused and in a re-sellable condition

Thanks for being so helpful Andy

Can I return it if there’s nothing wrong with it?......Yes

The item should be unused, in its original packaging and in a re-sellable condition

Any free items that came with your product unused and in a re-sellable condition...Incorrect...nothing about unopened and in original packaging in the Consumer Contracts Regulations...thats an Argos interpretation of UK Law

Can I return it if there’s nothing wrong with it?......Yes

Any free items that came with your product unused and in a re-sellable condition...Incorrect...nothing about unopened and in original packaging in the Consumer Contracts Regulations...thats an Argos interpretation of UK Law

Thanks again.

Last question before I get the ball rolling. Can they make me pay return postage? I imagine postage won't be cheap for a 2 and 3 seater sofa.

" So if you need to bring it back, just bring it back to any Argos store. Or if you got it delivered, we can collect it for free and refund your original delivery charge. "