Jump to content

Recommended Posts

We've lived next door to them for over 18 years, they have been here since the 70's.

They are an elderly couply, they are not the problem. Their 40 year old son is.

He sells drugs at all hours, his Dad has to answer the door to them.

The son plays loud music, games and shouts.




One time, this was a few weeks ago. My mum was in the bathroom and he said to his friends 'yeah, their grandson lives sleeps in the bath'.

He keeps spying on us in the bathrrom.

When we reported this to the council all they said was 'He's got mental problems, he can't help it'. His mental problems are due to drugs, my nephew has learnign difficulities which he was born with.

He has called my 18 year old nephew(same one mentioned above) a pervert, peado.

Because he plays with his brothers and sisters.



He has now got a camera which we reported today, it's pointing towards the public grass/pathway. We were told we were not allowed to record beyond our garden, not even allowed to record him if he contronts us.



His dad has been to see the council, nothing. Police have been round and had a word with them, again, nothing. My brother refuses to leave the house now, he's too scared.






My mum wants to move but it's hard because I have been bidding since I was 18, I'm now 31 and have gotten no where as I am on low band.

My ESA (or council rent) won't cover the rent until I'm about 35.

I tried to move out in 2012 but couldn't due to the council refusing me rent.





I know it's a lot to take in but can anyone help us?

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites



Is the Neighbours Property Council/Housing Association, Private Rented or owned out right?


I assume from your post this is either Council or Housing Association property?


Do you have it in writing from the Council that this individual has Mental Health Issues so nothing they can do? (reason I ask this is I see this as a Data Protection Breach as you should never have been informed by the Council that this individual has Mental Health Issues)

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites



Irrespective whether that individual has a Mental Health Issue what they are doing is Anti Social Behaviour and to use that as an excuse to take no further action is unacceptable.


What you need to start doing is keeping a written log of every single incident and report it to the Councils Anti Social Behaviour Team and the Police (101)


This PDF will be of use:


Incident Log-with form fields -----.pdf


Now what I would also do is write to the Council Title your letter 'Formal Complaint' (this way they need to record and have a record) and explain the issues and mention name the individual that informed you that as this individual has Mental Health issues the Council will take no further action you wish clarification of


a) Why you were ever informed that the individual you complained about has Mental Health Issues is this not a breach of the DPA


b) exactly why are the Council taking no further action due to this Anti Social Behaviour.


c) Your require a copy of the Council Anti Social Behaviour Policy (not the leaflet).


Which Council is this?

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

I failed to mention that for several months my mum has been writing a record of these events and have been sending them to the person on the case.

Also a few days ago my dad rang them and informed her that next door had a a camera aimed at the public path.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Couple of links for you reference the camera which would be classed as CCTV:


Information Commissioners Office link: https://ico.org.uk/your-data-matters/cctv/


Surveillance Camera Commissioner: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/domestic-cctv-using-cctv-systems-on-your-property/domestic-cctv-using-cctv-systems-on-your-property


I would also write and ask if this individual has been granted permission to install these cameras. (whether its Council/ Housing Trust/Housing Association as this is classed as an alteration to the property they should have asked permission)

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Please fill in your quit date here

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Tweets

  • Our picks

    • A shocking story of domestic and economic abuse compounded by @BarclaysUKHelp ‏ bank complicity – coming soon @A_Gentle_Woman. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/415737-a-shocking-story-of-domestic-and-economic-abuse-compounded-by-barclaysukhelp-%E2%80%8F-bank-complicity-%E2%80%93-coming-soon-a_gentle_woman/
      • 0 replies
    • The FSA has announced large fines against DB UK Bank Limited (trading as DB Mortgages) - DeutscheBank and also against Redstone for their unfair treatment of their customers.
      Please see the links below for summaries and full details from the FSA website.
      It is now completely clear that any arrears charges which exceed actual administrative costs are unfair and therefore unlawful.
      Furthemore, irresponsible lending practices are also unfair and unlawful.
      Additionally there are other unfair practices including unarranged counsellor visits - even if they have been attempted.
      You are entitled to refuse counsellor visits and not incur any charges.
      Any charges for counsellor visits must not seek to make profits. The cost of the visits must be passed on to you at cost price.
      We are hearing stories of people being charged for counsellor visits for which there is no evidence that they were even attempted.
      It is clear that some mortgage lenders are trying to cheat you out of your money.
      You should ascertain how much has been taken from you and claim it back. The chances of winning are better than 90%. It is highly likely that the lender will attempt to avoid court action and offer you back your money.
      However, you should ensure that you receive a proper rate of interest and this means that you should be seeking at least restitutionary damages - which would be much higher than the statutory 8%.
      Furthermore, you should assess whether the paying of demands for unlawful excessive charges has also out you further into arrears and if this has caused you further penalties in terms of extra interest or any other prejudice. This should be claimed as well.
      If excessive unlawful charges have resulted in your credit file being affected, then you should take this into account also when working out exactly what you want by way of remedy from the lender.
      You should consult others on these forums when considering any offer.
      You must not make any complaint through the Ombudsman. your time will be wasted, you will wait up to 2 yrs and there will be a minimal 8% award of interest and no account will be taken of any other damage you have suffered.
      You must make your complaint through the County Court for a rapid and effective remedy.

      Do you have a mortage arears claim to make? Then post your story on the forum here
      • 0 replies
    • 30 Day Right To Reject - Vehicle Casualty Report. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/415585-30-day-right-to-reject-vehicle-casualty-report/
      • 9 replies
    • I am new here but very glad to find my way here and would welcome any input.
      i purchased a brand new campervan conversion from Hillside Leisure (175 miles from our home) on July 26th for £31,000 and, within 48 hours, during a storm, the alarm began to sound incessantly. We could not get it to stop, even after trying everything listed in the manual. We phoned Hillside on Saturday July 28th around 2.00pm. The young man who answered the phone said he would seek the advice of their technician and call us back, which he did. The technician told us that they, Hillside, couldn’t help, but that we should take the van to Nissan (the van is a Nissan) as the fault would lie with one of their components.
      • 42 replies
  • Create New...