gianmahil

Indgo ANPR PCN - double dipping - Harlington Station, Beds, MK45

Indigo - not listening.

Need your advice all.

To cut a long story short:

My wife drove in to Harlington station, picked me up and drove out 5 mins later.

The next morning she drove back to the station and dropped me off and left 3 mins later.

Indigo have taken the picture of her driving in in the evening, and out in the morning and claimed that the car was parked at the station without a ticket.

They sent two tickets addressed to the owner of the car (not me or my wife) - both with the same date and time (the exit)

We appealed, both tickets explaining what had happened and they rejected the appeals.

We then sent in Google maps log showing my wife driving to and from the station in the evening and in the morning.

They have said the appeal has been rejected and can't look at any more evidence.

They also said we should complain to the BPA.

I see from other posts that that is a waste of time.

HELP. What should we do?

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

3. Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

Have a look at other Indigo threads here. Probably the station is covered by bye-laws and Indigo have no right to demand money from anyone, even if they commit a real parking offence. Check the bye-law situation next time you go there.

Secondly, basic details of your home, work, train times etc., never mind your Google Maps log, would scupper their silly argument in court, not that you would ever get to court.

I presume the experts will advise to ignore Indigo's daft demands, but wait till they are on in the morning. Meanwhile please fill in DX's link, the more info. we have the better.

1 Date of the infringement 11/9/18

2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date] 24/9/18

3 Date received 26/9/18

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [y/n?] N

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? Yes they only show pictures of the car being driven in in the evening and out in the morning. No shoiwing out in the evening and in in the morning!

6 Have you appealed? {y/n?] post up your appeal] Y

Have you had a response? [Y/N?] post it up Appeal was rejected. We supplied no evidence - just told them the truth and asked thme to look at the film again. We now have Google evidence.

7 Who is the parking company? INDIGO

8. Where exactly [carpark name and town] Harlington Station, Beds, MK45

For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under. They have just said BPA

There are two official bodies, the BPA and the IAS. If you are unsure,

please check HERE

If you have received any other correspondence, please mention it here After, the apeal, I sent them the Google maps journey. They said the appeal had already taken place. If we have a complaint - take it to BPA.

Edited by dx100uk
format

Oh dear Indigo have fallen at the first and second hurdles. They are totally inept or corrupt though probably both. They cannot work out two distinct visits and then they compound their idiocy by sending out the NTK to arrive a day too late.

Do not write to them yet. Wait until you get all your ducks in a row then give them both barrels. They have two chances a

of getting money from you now-no hope and Bob Hope.

doesnt matter about thr lateness of the NTK as the OP has identified his wife as driver.

Still doesnt change either the railway byelaws or contract law though so they have no valid claim

My advice is not to encourage them into thinking that by being pig headed eventually you will pay up to make them go away.

I would see if the local paper are interested in a story about a parking co that cant tell the time.

Also ask the railway co for the CCTV of you getting ut of the car on both occasiosn, they cant refuse you. Do that before you go public so you have a chance of letting them shoot themselves in the foot first.

Hi, just my 2p

Indigo will want you to settle this before any court action is mooted. If it goes to the Magistrates Court and found guilt (unlikely) Indigo gets nothing. This is the reason they want to worry you.

As for the BPA being the follow on appeal if you get turned down by indigo is a non starter as the BPA don't do penalty appeals.

I would let them spurt as many letters as they want. They can do nothing nor any debt collector they may choose to use. I don't see it going to court but it's always better to get your evidence together just in case.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

What was the outcome of this situation please as I now find myself in the same position for the same reason at the same car park?

then follow the advice and do nothing as they have no contract and no right to demand anything.

If you had digested the thread thoroughly you would see that they have gone quiet but we recommend keeping your paperwork safe in case they try their luck

Please fill in your quit date here

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

No registered users viewing this page.

• Have we helped you ...?

• Tweets

• Sangie5952   Thanks that has clarified what the ET1 form represents. We haven't made disclosures yet so I can include the relevant evidence then. Appreciate your help many thanks.  
    • The “fact”, and I use that term guardedly, is that you allege a breach of contract so significant that it justified your resigning - "constructive unfair dismissal". That is the fact that you are claiming. You are discussing evidence here - something that proves the fact. Evidence does not need to be included in the ET1, and few would include anything more than a cursory overview. The tribunal does not "hear" your ET1.  They hear your evidence supporting the allegation you made in your ET1. Do you understand the difference? So evidence may still be collected and may come to light. Technically, right up to the hearing, although, in practice, you need permission to include any evidence not disclosed in the exchange of bundles.    If you have already exchanged bundles, although seems unlikely, then you would need the permission of the tribunal to add further evidence. 
    • You were of course quite within your rights to ask questions with regard to the member of staff’s authority over you etc, and all you legally have to supply is your name and address. It sounds as though he thought you were being difficult? This doesn’t help your case of course, but that’s how it sounded Reading your post.    I suggest awaiting any correspondence from the train operator and go from there. You mentioned you were read your rights, or words to that effect? You were cautioned, but it sounds like you chose not to answer any questions. This is of course your right, but in refusing to answer questions, you can’t really submit any defence for your actions should the matter go to court. That’s the whole idea of the caution.   reading your post, it sounds like you want to hold your hands up anyway, so is and when a letter does arrive, I’d suggest a ‘damage limitation’ approach and send the default grovelling reply asking to meet their reasonable admin charges to keep the matter out of court.
    • I'm sure it will. Take your time to absorb it and don't put yourself under pressure. You'll get there, lots of people have.   HB
  • Our picks

• This is a bit of a lengthy one but I’ll summerise best as possible.

THIS IS HOW THE PHONECALL WENT 

I was contacted by future comms by phone, they stated that they could beat any phone contract I have , (I am a limited company but just myself that needs a business phone and I am the only worker) 
      I told future comms my deal, £110 per month with a phone and a virtual landline, they confirmed that they could beat that, £90 per month with a phone , virtual landline  they also confirmed they would pay Vodafone (previous provider) the termination fee. As I am in business, naturally I was open to making a deal. So we proceeded. 
      Future comms then revealed that the contract would be with PLAN.COM and the airtime would be provided by 02, I instantly told them that this would break the deal as I have poor 02 signal in the house where I live as my partner is on 02 and constantly complaining about bad signal
      the salesman assured me he would send a signal booster box out with the phone so I would have perfect signal.
      so far so good.....
      i then explained this is the only mobile phone I use for business and pleasure, so therefore I didn’t want any disconnection time in the slightest between the switchover from Vodafone to 02
      the salesman then confirmed that the existing phone would only be disconnected once the new phone was switched on.
      so far so good....
      • 14 replies
    • A shocking story of domestic and economic abuse compounded by @BarclaysUKHelp ‏ bank complicity – coming soon @A_Gentle_Woman. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/415737-a-shocking-story-of-domestic-and-economic-abuse-compounded-by-barclaysukhelp-%E2%80%8F-bank-complicity-%E2%80%93-coming-soon-a_gentle_woman/
      • 0 replies
    • The FSA has announced large fines against DB UK Bank Limited (trading as DB Mortgages) - DeutscheBank and also against Redstone for their unfair treatment of their customers.
      Please see the links below for summaries and full details from the FSA website.
      It is now completely clear that any arrears charges which exceed actual administrative costs are unfair and therefore unlawful.
      Furthemore, irresponsible lending practices are also unfair and unlawful.
      Additionally there are other unfair practices including unarranged counsellor visits - even if they have been attempted.
      You are entitled to refuse counsellor visits and not incur any charges.
      Any charges for counsellor visits must not seek to make profits. The cost of the visits must be passed on to you at cost price.
      We are hearing stories of people being charged for counsellor visits for which there is no evidence that they were even attempted.
      It is clear that some mortgage lenders are trying to cheat you out of your money.
      You should ascertain how much has been taken from you and claim it back. The chances of winning are better than 90%. It is highly likely that the lender will attempt to avoid court action and offer you back your money.
      However, you should ensure that you receive a proper rate of interest and this means that you should be seeking at least restitutionary damages - which would be much higher than the statutory 8%.
      Furthermore, you should assess whether the paying of demands for unlawful excessive charges has also out you further into arrears and if this has caused you further penalties in terms of extra interest or any other prejudice. This should be claimed as well.
      If excessive unlawful charges have resulted in your credit file being affected, then you should take this into account also when working out exactly what you want by way of remedy from the lender.
      You should consult others on these forums when considering any offer.
      You must not make any complaint through the Ombudsman. your time will be wasted, you will wait up to 2 yrs and there will be a minimal 8% award of interest and no account will be taken of any other damage you have suffered.
      You must make your complaint through the County Court for a rapid and effective remedy.

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Library/Communication/PR/2010/120.shtml
      http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/final/redstone.pdf
      http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/final/db_uk.pdf

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/consumerinformation/firmnews/2011/db_mortgages.shtml
      Do you have a mortage arears claim to make? Then post your story on the forum here
      • 0 replies
    • 30 Day Right To Reject - Vehicle Casualty Report. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/415585-30-day-right-to-reject-vehicle-casualty-report/
      • 57 replies