• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• You couldn't make it up TJ
    • Ok thanks for sharing. Sorry to ask all these questions, just trying to unlearn things I had been told previously.   I've found examples on these forums of people that find CCJs against them when overseas for small debts as they didnt defend due to claims sent to their UK address which they then need to set aside.   This seems to contradict what you are telling me (I'm not implying you're wrong) that a DCA has zero powers. How do people end up having CCJ's form these companies?   Thanks as always
    • Hi All,   I would really appreciate any help in this. I want to stop paying this and am wondering if I need to offer F&F or if I am good just stop paying. A few details first:   1.DMP with StepChange started circa 2010 2.Have been paying every month since 3.Want to stop paying/clear as want a new mortgage in the next 9 months or so 4. None are currently showing on my credit file   And the finer detail:     * = these were on my credit file until recently. I complained stating that they should have been defaulted as it was unfair. They have stopped reporting now - but werent able to add a retrospective default date.   I havent made any enquiries about CCA's etc. I want to just stop paying but also cant have any of them appearing on my credit file as need another mortgage etc. I understand most will likely not have a CCA but there is one overdraft related entry so not sure what to do about that one. Also I think they could CCJ but can they start reporting again - I know the ones with a default date cant but can the others?   Hopefully thats enough info. Would really appreciate your excellent guidance   Many thanks    
    • This sites getting less and less accessible every week   Got my vaccination invite over weekend   despite living on the edge of a large town with a number of other large towns just a few miles away in various directions, and a 'university' city only 8 miles away, nearest center with any vaccines is about a 10 mile drive away in a small village. Interesting that the maps link showing you the locations for my nearest (sic) vaccination points are wrong - this is from the NHS vaccine booking site.   Once you have selected a location to see when vaccinations are available, it also wont let you go back to select another location, and if you just close the page down (without booking) and open the site again and put in your identification data, its gives you a 'you have failed to attend and will have to book both appointments again' message - despite not booking anything. - wonder if thats how they've counted 20 million vaccinations?   Checked with 3 local surgeries including my own asking why none of them are an option and two haven't had any vaccines for over a week and haven't even been able to book all their own vulnerable for a vaccine, other has vaccine but is only booking its own priority people   Makes me think the claim of 20 million vaccinated is complete and utter 'Johnson      
  • Our picks

• I sent in the bailiffs to the BBC. They collected £350. It made me smile.
        • Haha
    • Hi @BankFodder
      Sorry for only updating you now, but after your guidance with submitting the claim it was pretty straight forward and I didn't want to unnecessarily waste your time. Especially with this guide you wrote here, so many thanks for that
      So I issued the claim on day 15 and they requested more time to respond.
      They took until the last day to respond and denied the claim, unsurprisingly saying my contract was with Packlink and not with them.

I opted for mediation, and it played out very similarly to other people's experiences.

In the first call I outlined my case, and I referred to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 as the reason to why I do in fact have a contract with them. 

In the second call the mediator came back with an offer of the full amount of the phone and postage £146.93, but not the court costs. I said I was not willing to accept this and the mediator came across as a bit irritated that I would not accept this and said I should be flexible. I insisted that the law was on my side and I was willing to take them to court. The mediator went back to Hermes with what I said.

In the third call the mediator said that they would offer the full amount. However, he said that Hermes still thought that I should have taken the case against Packlink instead, and that they would try to recover the court costs themselves from Packlink.

To be fair to them, if Packlink wasn't based in Spain I would've made the claim against them instead. But since they are overseas and the law lets me take action against Hermes directly, it's the best way of trying to recover the money.

So this is a great win. Thank you so much for your help and all of the resources available on this site. It has helped me so much especially as someone who does not know anything about making money claims.

Many thanks, stay safe and have a good Christmas!

• Thanks
    • Hermes and mediation hints. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428981-hermes-and-mediation-hints/&do=findComment&comment=5080003
      • 1 reply
    • Natwest Bank Transfer Fraud Call HMRC Please help. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428951-natwest-bank-transfer-fraud-call-hmrc-please-help/&do=findComment&comment=5079786
      • 33 replies

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 844 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Please can anyone advise

log book loans got a charging order on my house

- i wrote to the company thats dealing with things

they responded saying another rcompany had bought their debt and i could make an offer to them to clear ,

I havent contacted them yet as i didnt want to say anything I shouldnt to them

- Im so confused by everything ,

does anyone have any advice please ?

Thanks very much

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

who was the LBL originally with

who was it sold to?

who's name is on your deeds?

did you get a notice of assignment?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

who has the charge on your DEEDS now.

go look use the .gov.uk site only!!

so who are BW legal's client?

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Sorry fell asleep

On my deeds it says Nine Regions ltd

I contacted KRE corporate recovery who are the liquidators for nine regions - they said the debt had been sold to PRAC Financial ltd , I then received a letter from bw legal saying PRAC was their client and "pursuant to a debt sale agreement , the equitable charge has been assigned to our client .The assignment took place effect on 4 march 2016 therefore only our client cab give valid discharge of the debt

Arh - The Usual

"Therefore only our client can give valid discharge of the debt"

So its with Prac Financial who went and got a CCJ through their "Partner" BW Legal...

How much is outstanding?

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

£6,714.59, this was such an awful time in my life I was in hospital diagnosed with bipolar disorder and dont remember much of what happened , it has only come to light all this time later . I lived on my own so no-one to deal with anything when I was unable to

Edited by Andyorch
edited

no nine regions got the CCJ and the charge, all rights are now sold to prac.

so was your credit shot at the time of this loan and you had other borrowing like PDL's etc ...

and they

not joint property ownership is it?

and this debt was solely in your name

and they

aw shame

so you don't have to do anything

it'll be paid If you ever were to sell...

and they

why?

theres no point really.

other than sitting there its not hurting you.

and they

then you'll pay it off when you do.

just type

no need to hit reply with quote just type..

makes a thread twice as long

and they

no matter...

you could arrange to pay it off now but pers as let your sols deal with this at the time of remortgage as its debatable if anyone should actually get anything at this stage.

is the remortgage imminent or just something you are thinking about.

and if its to clear debts??? then …. urm..

and they