Dubai Debt Recovery

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3665 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
But if you have a foreign judgement supplied with the Statutory demand, how can you get it set aside?

I would have thought that if an SD involves a foreign court judgement, that the SD could still be subject to a set aside hearing, if there were issues with the details contained in the SD, there were issues with the foreign debt being enforced in the UK or there were contestable issues with the foreign debt.

You can research this yourself, but it would not be that easy to represent yourself. There are Solicitors in the UK, who can deal with debt issues from Dubai. If you contact the Law Society or search their website, you speak to a few Solicitors to see how much it would cost to use them. If a Solicitor is not affordable, perhaps phone Stepchange debt charity or Nationaldebtline, who may be able to provide information as to where you can get help.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

• 3 weeks later...
Hi, Just wondering if anyone has actually had legal action against them by CWD? I am in a similar position, but cant find anyone who has. thanks

There was a recent post from someone who had very good legal advice from a Solicitor who deals with this, saying it was very difficult for Dubai creditors to enforce debts in UK courts. They did say that if the debt was sold on to a UK debt purchasing company, that they might have more of a chance.

I would have thought that if these Dubai debts were being enforced in the UK courts that there would be details online. I can't remember seeing any such information.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The Land Registry would have to be informed. The point of a charge is that it goes on the land registry. The mortgage company might not be too bothered as the mortgage will have priority over the other charge.

If there is a charging order in place, you were supposed to have been notified much earlier in the process ... when they sent the claim form/particulars of claim which leads to a CCJ which leads to a charging order. They may have been sent to a former address so the priority is to contact the court and get a copy of the papers.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Understood. So not sure how they could have placed a 2nd charge on the property without the owner finding out in someway or another, especially if it has to be granted by courts.