Dubai Debt through UK Courts - now Bank/IRDWW SD served

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 874 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Me neither. The fact now I will not have a job so no money to pay I really don’t understand. I just think it’s personal with them. Just such cowards that Mr Letheren or Mr Coyle could not represent themselves. 

On 03/09/2019 at 07:15, rgaine said:

Thanks for your note much appreciated but I can and will ignore as much as I can as I have done for many years until correct laws are followed.

If and when the time comes thanks Bankruptcy will help me a lot (you don't know my situation) but appreciated the link very helpful.

I will not see anybody in a court room for a foreign debt nor should anyone on here be entertaining sending paperwork, financial details etc to a firm that do not even own your debt ! and then on the backside the hammered by other collection agents etc for the same debt to be collected.

Once again I go with DX statement from a few years back that scaremongering is not the way.

Been on the journey since 2009 and riding well

Perhaps if you had taken the SD seriously when advised and acted quicker you may have been able to defend it...so what did the judge state with regards to your affidavit ?

• Thanks 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

5 minutes ago, Andyorch said:

Perhaps if you had taken the SD seriously when advised and acted quicker you may have been able to defend it...so what did the judge state with regards to your affidavit ?

So the moral of this story is not to ignore anything…. I’ve not heard from the company that contacted me but maybe when they see the result they may be back on to me 😥

Sorry to say but I don’t think the judge gave a rats a*** she was quite abrupt and didn’t give me change to speak or at least state a case. I think she had already made her mind up.

I don’t mind the situation and it’s not about if I defended the SD or not as that’s my own thoughts, it’s the fact Mr Letheren didn’t have the balls to attend the hearing or Mr Coyle.

It’s not the end by any means as I still insist they are doing something wrong. I have an article going in the national newspaper where the editor is a good friend and I will be naming both his companies and Rak bank also.

Sorry to say but this has not been dealt with in the right way which is a sad day for the justice system in the uk 

but if you'd responded to the SD she would have had no choice!

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

15 hours ago, rgaine said:

Sorry to say but I don’t think the judge gave a rats a*** she was quite abrupt and didn’t give me change to speak or at least state a case. I think she had already made her mind up.

I don’t mind the situation and it’s not about if I defended the SD or not as that’s my own thoughts,

Sorry to say but this has not been dealt with in the right way which is a sad day for the justice system in the uk 

Well given that we are not aware of the contents of your affidavit its difficult to a make comment or to agree with you.

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

No problem, I'm sure you have made adequate arrangements to protect your position :wink:

I think you've been annoying and  provoking IDRWW with your online messages etc saying they can do nothing....this has prompted them to make this happen as there can be no financial reason. you then haven't stood up for yourself in a legal way which has made it like a default.

oh well on the positive side you are now  on way to it being in the past now

If you think I was worried that content could be seen by either firms then you are wrong otherwise I would not have posted. 

now is the start of my own personal journey to bring the 2 companies into the light and really investigate what they do and how they do things. 

If anyone reads this I have an article soon

I dont think you were worried and Im certainly not having a go. Its easy to see your not bothered. Im not goign to say I find that normal but Im just stating the facts as I see it. I too have a couple of UAE debts so have been paying attention to the forum and the advice given that's all.

If there are any issues with the debt or process, there is a pro- bono Barristers group based near the main High Court in London.  There was a bankruptcy case (thread on CAG) a few years ago for a UK consumer debt, they took on and over-turned the Bankruptcy.

I believe the person concerned had help from a journalist, which is why they took the case on. 

So worth looking into any pro-bono help that may be out there, if you have an interesting enough story to be able to fully explain. If you are in touch with a journalist, perhaps they can look into pro-bono help that may be available.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Amazing and thank you for that. 

of course I’m worried my life is about to change and no job for a stupid decision. I intend to help whoever I can going forward I think it’s important to let justice prevail. 

the newspaper is the national in the UAE 

On 25/11/2021 at 13:24, Freddy Bloggs said:

You have zero chance of The National printing a negative story about RAK bank chasing an overseas debt absconder!

are you suggesting The national part of ADMC (a govt entity) would censor negative articles that reflect badly on them? absurd.