Dubai Debt through UK Courts - now Bank/IRDWW SD served

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 843 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Having been away from Dubai for 3 years I am well aware of the Debt I owe and make every effort with the banks to pay back what I can monthly to ensure over time it is paid back.

I have all the contacts like they have my contacts and I have not run away from my Debt like some people do.

Now I am getting very angry and I will take action against these collection agents with the tactics they use and the stories I have read in how they treat people.

It is against the federal collection law for the tactics they use and they are causing a large problem for the banks.

Bilkish being the worse, Tahseel, TrustDC I am sure there are more but one word is DISGRACEFUL.

They have called and emailed every work place that I have been at even though they have my details trying to cause problems which actually makes me laugh because they are putting themselves in grave danger and then calling friends and family to further put themselves in danger of going against the law.

I refuse to pay anything now until these collection agencies and there agents are brought to justice and that there methods are reviewed and sorted.

Let this be a message to you are I am not afraid and never will be. I am guessing half of you are in debt in Dubai and many of you working there are from India, Phillipines and Pakistan which further makes me laugh

Let this be a message to you are I am not afraid and never will be. I am guessing half of you are in debt in Dubai and many of you working there are from India, Phillipines and Pakistan which further makes me laugh;

Meaning What????????????

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

You shouldn't be surprised really. UAE debt collection is completely unregulated. No data protection laws and they use the police as a collection tool. I know someone that was arrested for paying her broadband bill a few days late.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

i have never heard anything about the UAE can send your debt to the UK and then you can be tried for it here. In the UK it is not a criminal offence when in debt you simply managed your payments and work out a plan.

In Dubai 1 day late and jail. Bilkish, Tahseel to name a few are monsters treating people like dogs around the world and every forum I go on to I read bad stories.

I am standing up to them every step of the way and they have already breache dmy data protection so many times. They do not have an answer for me at all just asking for money ( which they are getting) but I love there tactics they are amazing !!! Scare people. I emailed the banks again and told them the work that these people do. Not sure the banks care but I do and the more the harass people and use these methods then the more they dig themselves a hole.

When I mention Indian, filipines I have a lot of friends in those countries from my travels and what I mean to say is that the agents in the agencies are form those countries as you know in Dubai yet they are treating there fellow country men in such a horrendous way this is not allowed.

For as long as they treat people like dogs they will ruin there reputation

• 2 weeks later...

up date new info - guy from uk just emailed me saying that a solicitor from uk have sent him a letter saying he must pay for debt !! this is rubbish I didn't know there was anything from UAE to UK

rgaine I have started your own thread in the overseas debt forum....

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

up date new info - guy from uk just emailed me saying that a solicitor from uk have sent him a letter saying he must pay for debt !! this is rubbish I didn't know there was anything from UAE to UK

Hello there.

There is no reciprocal agreement between the UK and the UAE for the enforcement of debts between the two contries. The only time where there could be an issue is if the contract was for services in the UK. This doesn't sound likely.

In short if a solicitor is trying to chase you there isn't much else that they'll be able to do apart from badger you with letters.

Your already here just continue to update your thread.:wink:

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Many loan agreements have a clause allowing the bank to bring proceedings in the jurisdiction of its choice, or in the jurisdiction where the debtor is living. If this is the case for your friend's UAE loan agreement, he may find that the English courts will accept jurisdiction over the case even though the loan contract will be governed by UAE law ... and hence no need for the creditor to rely on a reciprocal enforcement treaty since the creditor would be enforcing a UK judgment not a UAE judgment.

If this is the case, it may be better to inform the creditor of financial difficulties rather than just ignoring letters.

• Haha 1

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

• 1 month later...

I have been dealing with these barbaric and unprofessional agents for 3 years from Bilkish and Tahseel with Tahseel being the worst.

They are disgusting. I cannot believe how they can still operate after breaking the law so many times. I have been in touch with the banks through email since I left Dubai and trying my best to pay my money back but the agents are crazy

I fight with them every month and I will win because they are wrong and they break the law. Do not give up and do not let them treat you like a dog they cannot.

Can you believe they even try to contact me in my work by phone and by email and by fax !!!! Ha ha makes me laugh they are trying to scare or embarrass me yet they still have my email here to stay in touch.

Tahseel are the worst with Bilkish in second and even one agent told me I will die in jail !!!

Here in the UK the law is different so I do not worry but I will not be treated by these agents like this and I will fight everyday because I know how to and every time they break the law my debt goes away

We are human just like the great sheik Mohd in Dubai so do not let the agents call or hound you in anyway. FIGHT BACK !!!!!

Tahseel and Bilkish you are a disgrace to the banking world.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys.

have been working with a few people expats in the cases same as mine I owe £300k aed plus from 2009.

I emailed this company in the uk asking how they can represent these banks / agents after there barbaric acts in the way they try to recover money.

I also asked them under what jurisdiction they operate and if they go to the courts that they have to be aware what is happening in Dubai first because they have no idea.

I pay back what I can when I can like any normal debt in the western world and I am in contact with the banks by email.

But you know what these agents from Bilkish and Tahseel are just crazy.

I fight with them always and I will always keep fighting because there methods and tactics are wrong and go against every law possible not mentioning the consumer credit act. If any uk company came after me or tried to summon me I would go all the way and for sure I would win and I would make sure I win because I have all the emails and evidence that these agents have treated not just me but others like dogs and my family also it's unbelievable !!!!

Can you believe they call my work and email my work to try and scare me been though they have my contact details and also called my family and partner !!!!

I mean come on guys. This goes against every act in the law possible.

I have my instructions and as along as these people act like this they do not receive a penny.

If they want to sell the debt in the uk then so be it because it's better for payments anyway but let any company come after me and I will make sure they know about these people in Dubai.

Be careful solicitors in the UK know what you are dealing with first.

Human rights are being breached and it is not right

You should raise a question with your local UK member of parliament. Give them details of what has happened and ask if they would raise the matter with the relevant minster of UK government. I have done this in the past in respect of a totally different matter and received a response from a government minister. But you will find out who you need to make a complaint to and at least have a way of registering the issue.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Great stuff thanks. I have got citizens advice involved too. This company is called coyle white Devine solicitor in the UK who seem to be working with Dubai banks. I emails them to see how and where they can do that. It's wrong after the way they treat you in dubai. I would be interested to know more.

I found out from a friend about coyle white and I emailed them as I want them to be aware that the banks and collection agencies in Dubai break every law possible and breach human rights. I have been fighting with them for 3 years.

I owe money which even though I pay back what I can and I am in contact with the banks these agents still call me my family my work it's become a joke now !!! Every time they contact me then I take 500 aed off my debt.

I hope one day it comes to the UK because I will go all the way to clear my debt because go how these agents and banks have been its a disgrace. The threats are bad I had one guy said I would die in jail if I didn't pay. BILKISH AND TAHSEEL the worst.

Message to any solicitors in the UK please do your research before you buy a debt

Keep me updated

• 1 month later...

If a warrant is issued for none payment of a debt then a creditor can have the debt enforced in any country in the world as long it is a signed up member state of the Hague Convention. But the reality is very different because the court service in the member state usually needs to be satisfied that initial proceedings where lawful and reasonable by its own standards.

"rgaine" you do not say what the 300,000 is, if its pounds then I would suggest thinking twice before thinking you can just forget this debt

Rodney it's in DHS and I pay what I can but trust me if they come to the UK I will clear my debt and not pay a thing under human rights.

Can you believe I found out an agent from Dubai threatened a girl who owes money with rape and her mum and sister with rape if they did not pay 20,000 aed !!!!! Sorry my friend there is a way and the right way is not this. Laws are bad and the banks are wrong. Yes people owe money but in time not to be threatened with death

I would be interested to know more.

I have been fighting with these agents for years.

Let me know how much you owe.

As far as I know nothing can be done here in the uk as with debt you can arrange to pay monthly rather than go to jail or be threatened with death or rape as these agents Tahseel and Bilkish do all the time. Let me know more info

It has been known for some debt companies to issue paperwork which is designed to deceive people into believing that a court claim has been issued. A court would not send you any copy of a treaty, so I think this sounds a bit iffy. If any court is mentioned, give them a call to find out if they have anything on record.

Phone National Debtline to see what they know of Dubai debt enforcement in the UK. They should be aware of this, as I expect that there are many people in the UK with debts left behind in Dubai.

I searched online and could see no mention of any UK court case, where there has not already been a court case in Dubai.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

There is nothing. Believe me if a case came against me here then I would go all the way to human rights courts after the way these agents and banks treat people it's not right. Any solicitor in the UK that represent a bank in the UAE must do very carefully because in the UAE they treat people very bad and debt is a criminal offense not like in any western world where you get help to manage your debt and pay off what you can.

• 1 month later...
Ah I see, they only help sue debtors and not help them. Perhaps make an enquiry with the law society to see if they have a list of Solicitors who can help.

Interested to see how this goes. I have been fighting with these stupid collection agents in Dubai Bilkish being the worst. The collection tactics break all laws possible. All I want to do is pay back my debt that's it. They are too agrresssive so I give them back there medicine. I hope it comes to the UK cause I will fight all the way in the courts and clear my debt and my name after the way they have treated me. You know one lady told me the bank called her and he threatened to rape her sister and mother if she didn't pay !!

Hey. So far heard nothing. I have legal advice from a top solicitor. Basically they can do nothing to harm you but yes can sell the debt on but it would have to be for a large amount. Even if the debt came to the UK they would have to follow our rules. It would be up to a court and then a judge. First yes they would ask fr the full amount but if you coldnt pay they would look at a payment plan which is easier.

I have an added bonus of the emails of abuse received from the banks and Bilkish associates and Tahseel which they told me to keep these as evidence and the abusive phone calls. These will stand for me if I ever went to court here. Also the fact that they don't follow laws and break too many the judge would favour this.

I have tried to ask for a plan to pay but keep getting abuse which I give back 10 fold.

As it stands it is better for me for my debt to come here so I can pay £20 a month job done !!!! No more **** or hassle from these greedy agents.

Yes I agree you owe money you pay it back but there is no need to get aggressive !!

If you need assistance then feel free to mail me

[email protected]

• 8 months later...

Morning Guys.

Such a pleasure to see all the comments on here. I have also been writing elsewhere also if people want to see there. I started writing on here back in 2009 when I left Dubai as I can tell you I have had 5 years of complete hell but I am still here fighting back.

My update is that I owe 4 banks money 4 credit cards and a loan total about £80k ( should actually be £35k) but you can imagine the stupid banks and there interest they have put on over 5 years.

Last year I was waiting for CWD to get in touch after reading so much about them, I had been 4 years with nobody getting in touch although I was in touch with the banks to try and make repayments which did not work as they just wanted to abuse me. BUT my 4 years have been interesting and I am not sure if anyone has had the same done to them but if so please let me know.

Over 4 years I have had the famous Bilkish, Tahseel and many more doing the usual stupid and against the law tactics that they do around the world. 4 years of abuse calling my home, my work yes my work asking for my director and my fiancé which was the worst. They actually called her in her work!! So you can only imagine what I have been dealing with people having to find out about my situation. That actually helped though as they supported me after all it was not just my own fault that got into trouble in Dubai but I had to take it all!

What these collection agencies did not like is that I fight back! Oh they do not like it because they think you will crumble and give in! You must be joking.

I had a threat with pay up or else I will rot in jail, or if I ever come through the airport I will be tied up and beat up! Yes believe me and I have all the emails as proof!

So when the lovely CWD sent me there usual crappy letter of “oh we are securing judgements” la la la la for my 1st bank I did the same as many others and started to defend myself. I use many forms of information, I don’t have money for a solicitor and I defend myself.

After 4 months they finally come back to me after the information I requested seemed to be hard for them to obtain like T&C OF WHEN I SIGNED FOR THE CREDIT CARD not now in 2014 as I agree Terms do change. Also asking them where the proof is they can act on behalf of these banks??? They never reply one bit and then they had the cheek to call me in work and then apologised saying it was a mistake but that they were allowed to do this! WTF are they serious.

I have complained to the SRA and the FCA also my local MP all whom say the same it is a grey area. but I say that CWD are trying to jump on the band wagon here to make some easy money and I do not think they are following all the rules. I had a reply back from Mr Coyle explaining some things I will post in here when I get home later. They always seem to shy way from the question under what jurisdiction are they working under??

4 weeks ago I got my 2nd letter from my 2nd bank emirates a little larger sum of money but with this one a little different as this is where I have had the abuse and every law broken in the book and they want to chase me for money well not so easy. I have replied and I have also complained again to the SRA about CWD and Mr Coyles activity and also his solicitors. He actually told me that they are so busy they cannot cope!!!! I sent all the evidence of abuse and calling my work / emailing also. Lets see what they come back with

Please keep posting guys.

My friend is helping to set up a site for me where we can all Blog and by people power we will overcome these stupid acts from CWD in unfair debt collection practices that hardly any solicitors in London know anything about.

I have dealt with this for 5 years and I will not stop until justice is done.

Yes we want to pay our money if we can but it should not affect our UK status and credit file one bit this is unfair.

Do they know what happens if you miss one payment in Dubai??

Yes that’s right you rot in jail and get beat!

Is that right no it is not and this is what CWD do not understand.

If they can chase this in the UK under UK law then surely other laws have to be taken into consideration.

I doubt some small court in Northampton know anything about Dubai.

Thanks guys