• Tweets

• Update. The ASB team have categorically said they want to send a letter to the idiot saying... you are upsetting your neighbor, please come in to talk about this, we need to tell you we have no power to do anything about this though... WTAF?   They also said my only option to stop idiot parking and obstructing our kerb is to park our other car outside idiots property 🤔 because the car is now not obstructing enough to get a ticket and not breaking any law! Even though it's obviously being done to cause annoyance.   Just seems beyond belief!
    • Ok, quick update on this.  Mediation didn't happen - mainly because I missed the deadline for agreeing to the date - I didn't realise the deadline was quite so tight - and I had been away for the weekend and not reading my emails - anyway - although it was bad to not formally respond, it didn't really make too much difference because due to the lack of viable evidence provided by the claimant, mediation would have been pointless.   So I've been waiting to head what court date has been allocated to my case. However, instead I received a "General Directions or Order" letter.    Sorry - I meant to bring it in (to where I'm writing this).....but basically the gist of it was that the claimant had 14 days to respond providing evidence e.g. signed credit agreement etc. - and then I had 14 days after that to respond stating whether I accepted that evidence and whether I wanted to withdraw defence.    The letter was sent around the beginning of the month - therefore their 14 days are more or less up - I haven't heard anything - albeit, I need to factor in postage times - but surely this means my 14 days are not really 14 days....but more a case of the time left before the end of October and when or if I get anything from the court of the claimant with their evidence.   My question really is:    Is it a stupid question - but I cannot really do anything until I receive anything - at the moment, the court won't know what they've sent me (in response to my CCA request) - i.e. the poorly presented application form - meaningless statements - no clear signed credit agreement etc. - so this step is basically the court asking whether there is enough evidence in order to allocate a court date?   I'm assuming I should get a copy of whatever the claimant provides to the court?   Many thanks  
    • hello again, do you think this witness statement better suits my needs witness 2.pdf
    • Hi all   Does this link indicate whether or not Woodside Park station is under the TFL Byelaws or not, as I'm a bit confused?!   https://tfl.gov.uk/corporate/transparency/freedom-of-information/foi-request-detail?referenceId=FOI-2209-1819   Rgds. Andy
    • I am hoping someone can offer me some advice concerning an issue with my former landlord, please. In short, I took possession of a property he was letting out just over ten years ago. Having viewed and been offered the letting, I accepted and paid the deposit plus the first month’s rent and moved in. Meanwhile, the landlord had gone on holiday and it was not until a week or so after I had moved in that I saw him again when he came around to see if we had settled in OK. I told him all was fine and took the opportunity to ask him where the parking space was located as there is only “pay per hour” on street parking outside and a commercial car park approaching half a mile away. He said there was no parking included with the accommodation. Yet the lease which we had each signed clearly stated that the property included the use of a parking space. He told me that this was an error on his part and that there was no parking space included with the property. Having already vacated my previous letting and paid the deposit and the rental advance and moved all my effects into the new letting – in addition to not wanting a major fallout with my new landlord (I also had a wife and three children to consider), I erred on the side of caution and did not press the matter.   However, the kids have all grown and flown and we have been obliged to downsize to a one bedroom apartment (with parking, happily). This was nearly three months ago and I have only yesteray received contact from my former landlord’s lawyer stating I still owe him (the landlord) money. I am waiting to learn the grounds for his claim and have requested a full breakdown of that alleged indebtedness from his lawyer but, having been very good tenants who always paid the rent on time and not only took great care of the old property but also did a lot of unpaid work improving it over the course of our ten year residence, I am quite annoyed to be treated so meanly. Regardless of whether or not it transpires that I do, unwittingly, owe this man money I am wondering whether or not I might have a counter claim against him for the false representation of his lease and perhaps even be compensated for the ten years I spent paying for on street parking as well as putting up with the daily (often hourly) inconvenience of that.   If someone could advise me, I would be very grateful.   Thank you.  
  • Our picks

Kaygee92

Help with csa, my daughter's mother and CSA made me homeless and jobless

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 342 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello people,

My name is [removed - dx], I am 26 years old., From Bedfordshire.

I have 4 kids (please don't judge) with 3 mother's, 2 of whom we are good,

my youngest child's mother always causes issues

if I give her money like the other 2, she is not grateful and wants more, which is unfair to the other mother's,

she went to CSA and claimed I never got involved with my child and also went to my work place and put in a complaint, claiming I was breaching data protection

a case was brought up but I was okay as she kept changing stories.

But it got to me mentally and I eventually quit my job,

I took a few weeks out of work and worked in a new place

now CSA sent me a letter saying they'll take 50 pound each week from my new wages which was less than I was giving her,

then I received a new letter stating they was going to take 120£ a week.

At the time I was living in a shared house and could barely afford to pay rent with this new job,

let alone pay for my other kids,

I ended up working overtime everyweek and loosing out on sleep,

so I could hardly see my children,

this started to affect my health, my life and was making me really weak, I wasn't eating.

I rang them and pleaded with them,

supporting my case with what I could and saying I couldn't afford what you was taking,

but they had made it so it came straight out of my wages,

I couldn't pay a single penny to my rent,

I couldn't afford food,

or even to pay for my other children,

I eventually became homeless and turned to alcohol (iknow that isn't great, please don't judge) with no home,

I lost my job (which was night shift) I had nowhere to go.

I've had various mental health assessments also.

Until I met a very old primary school friend and he took me into his home up north in Lancashire,

he housed me for a bit while I started work, and got myself a place..

things was going okay, my mental state really improved.

Until I received another letter this morning, stating they will be taking even more money.

Is there anything I can do, I'm sure it is illegal to make someone feel so low and homeless.

If anyone can help that would be much appreciated, even if it's something small....

I just don't know what to do.

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

If you earn over £200 per week and have four children, your child maintenance liability is 19% of gross wages each week/month, and then 15% of any gross income above £800 per week, plus an additional amount towards any arrears which you have. The 19% should be shared between the mothers based on how many children they have. The letter you received should state on it how the amount you should pay is calculated, if your wages on the letter are miscalculated by more than 25%, you can ask for a recalculation.

If it is only one mother claiming through the CMS, the amount you pay is 12% of gross, and then 15% of any gross income above £800 per week, plus an additional amount towards any arrears which you have. The CMS will not take in to account other expenditure which you have.

How much are you expected to pay each week/month?

They are taking 120 per week from my wages, I get before tax: just under 300 per week

Does the letter state that you have arrears of child maintenance and is the amount you earn on the letter correct?