style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1994 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good evening all

Recently I stole from primark , it was a dumb thing to do I know.

I regret it and will certainly NEVER do it again . I learnt my lesson!

Me and my friend took goods with a total value of around £30-40.

Then once leaving the shop two security guards grabbed me and dragged me by my arm using an unreasonable force ( my arms were bruised) and put me in a room . My friend also got caught too .

In the room they took my name and address and said someone would be in contact with us soon and if we ignore it , we will go to court . They also said they called the police but hurried us out and said we’ll let you go before they come .

Recently I received a letter from the RLP saying we need to pay just over 200 pounds between us .

From doing research I know it would be daft to pay them but I can’t keep receiving letters from them as I have bad anxiety and checking the post every day for the next couple of months won’t be healthy for me .

Should I respond and say it’s the wrong address or just pay so they leave me alone .

Also please no rude comments , I know what I done was wrong , I’m ashamed of myself and have cried enough . I will NEVER EVER do it again .

Edited by dx100uk
Spacing

Ignore RLP. They cant do anything. Have a read of other RLP threads. Youll soon get the idea.

Theyll send a few letters, go quiet. Maybe get a DCA involved who send 2-3 then thats it.

They will just try an scare or intimidate you into paying. Dont fall for it. What you did was wrong, but thats for the police to deal with. Which they wont do now. Not a private company who has absolutely no relevance to the UK legal system whatsoever.

Again, read other RLP threads and youll soon feel more relaxed

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Dont send the letter back. Theres no point. Either file it away or bin it. You dont need to do anything else. They will send you those letters until you either pay, or they give up according to what i said before.

its just how jackies company operates ( yes, we know who runs it and how they run it)

• Confused 1

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Ignore them

Dont pay

Dont send things back

Simply encourage s them

Dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Moved to the RLP forum

100's of like threads

Dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi and welcome to CAG

Lesson learned I assume. That is the point of store security and it worked. What should never happen is a company chasing for an amount which earns them a profit. The store got the goods back so there is no loss whatsoever. The security staff are paid irrespective of how many people they apprehend so there is no loss there either.

RLP make the allegation that each 'event' costs between £300 and £500 yet they have never been able to prove this.

IF the store did lose that amount, they would take court action as it would be worth their time to do but as it isn't, they don't bother. There have been no county court cases taken by anyone since 2012 when a certain retailer, with the help of RLP got a good slapping for making up figures that do not stand up in court.

Basically, do not write to them or even write on an envelope "Not at this address" and post it back. Just ignore every missive from them as they are totally powerless. They may pass on this 'Undisputed amount' to a debt collector but this is a waste of time as they have even less power than RLP. Do not ring them either. Treat them with the same contempt as junk mail.

I would like to see the letter as I have an interest on the wording they use. If you can, upload a redacted copy of the letter as a pdf file.

Oh yes, tell your friend about this thread.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE