Parking ticket, double yellow line Brighton 11:20pm

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1993 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

no such thing as DYL's on private land if this is a private invoice not a penalty charge notice from the council?

please complete this :

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?462118-Have-you-received-a-Parking-Ticket-(3-Viewing)-nbsp

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I think that this thread should be in the Local Authority sub forum

My time as a Police Officer and subsequently time working within the Motor Trade gives me certain insights into the problems that consumers may encounter.

I have no legal qualifications.

If you have found my post helpful, please enhance my reputation by clicking on the Heart. Thank you

Hi it is a Penalty Charge Notice from Brighton Council I was parked on the double yellow line, but as seen in the photo there is signage saying "private"

You mean that little sign on the wall above the bins? Honestly, you're right in the town centre, slap bang on double yellows. The chances of winning an appeal on that basis are very small indeed.

As a point of fact, DYLs can apply to private land - the issue isn't whether the land is private, but whether it forms part of the highway, which this clearly does. It's open access to anyone and everyone, so the DYLs would apply even if it were private, which it isn't.

What are the "prescribed hours". Also that yellow line is broken and non existent in many places. Maybe some one with more knowledge than myself can comment on the very faded broken double yellow lines and the prescribed hours?

Prescribed hours means the hours the restriction is in force. In the case of double yellows, the prescribed hours are 24/7.

The state of the lines is a factor. However it's important to recognise that the PCN is issued for contravening the Traffic Regulation Order (legal documents), not the line itself. So even if the line was completely invisible, a contravention still took place. The defence would be that the restriction wasn't adequately conveyed to the motorist - so check the photo and you can take your own view on whether you think it's clear enough. Personally I think it is clear that there are double yellows, and we all know what that means. The lines are certainly in disrepair, but not so bad as to cause any uncertainty over the restrictions.