Idrww - Left UAE 2013 with a loan-Claim Form Received

SquaddyP
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1317 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

sO THEY ARE CLAIMING THAT THIS must BE HEARD IN THE jurisdiction and MUS be heard under UK Law.

Please check

(Hello CWD.....    you know where im going with this... you should be ashamed of yourselves)

If you do decide to abscond, says Bukhari, beware:

1. International Debt collection agencies can chase you in your home country and can further track you down through other relevant international agencies.

2. You could get arrested in case you are travelling via UAE for another country.

the rest is a waste of reading at the very bottom is the only relevant bit......as above

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Interesting article...wonder which Solicitor they spoke to...

https://www.buddyloans.com/blog/returning-to-the-uk-with-debts-outside-the-uk/

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Nicely avoided can they succeed in court though...

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Yes I like the following part....

I asked how could an account that originated in the UAE be enforced and collected in the UK?

I was told that in the terms and conditions for these accounts there was a non-exclusive UAE jurisdiction, which basically states the debts can be collected anywhere in the world.

Collected or enforced ?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

I bet I know what websites solicitors he spoke too as well....

and they

• 2 weeks later...

Just seen this 

when I was in court the judge was clear that it was in my interest to defend this here and the judge also had no choice because of the case examples (from the EU) that CWD barrister gave 

my concern is, if it goes my way that CWD won’t let it drop.  

Its the wording in the T&C that allow it to be heard here, with all the rights of being in the UK it’s now how I defend.  I’ve not seen any examples of people saying it wasn’t heard because of jurisdiction 

if your debt is 9years old then under UK it’s statue barred which would be my defence, along with anything else you have  

so what its in their T&C's?

there would have been no PPI reclaiming and NO CAG because of the bank charges campaigns in 2006 if everything in T&C's were legally enforceable .esp in a foreign country ...the UK.

and they

doesn't mean the agreements nor T&C's ARE enforceable in this country

simply means the judge decided the case 'could' be heard under UK jurisdiction.. there is a 1000mls difference between the two...

and they

• 4 months later...

Wow

i lost my case with actual paid legal advice (not from here)

i now pay monthly

i will not post mine as it a too personal and makes me identifiable 

insill help as as much as possible but people need to know the debts are enforceable 

Of course you can post what you like, whatever you post is seen. And in the costs it was added monitoring CAG (I’ll attach this in the morning)

why would you give them the heads up of what’s going on? 

Chipz? Where was your advice at the time?

people do their own thing, I follow and if I can input I will. If I can’t then I cant

seems to me if you put anything admin don’t agree with or others don’t like then you get “banned”. 

Id love to be a pasty / whatever it’s called then I’d not be pay £100s per month for a debt  that that was insured and paid off already 

• Like 1

SP

they get your defence <24hrs after you file it directly to mcol they send it via DX 

a few days earlier is not going to hurt you.

sadly its always been the way here on cases when people hide things that they lose

as andy pointed out elsewhere

these cases were not the norm for here so even more reason to open up.

you got external help SP. it didn't workout that doesn't mean you are a patsy case...…..

we are not expecting you to publish things.

as you say its personal.

well more probably linked to who plays golf with who me thinks

sadly as you know

UAE = money=power

thanks

and they

53 minutes ago, Ewloe2019 said:

I may be new on here which i think is an advantage when it comes to understanding scaremongering.

Regrading cases - my interest would in the outcomes of UAE debt being successfully enforced by a claimant in the UK - however, going back to my original point - there is no objective information on here to demonstrate this as all goes silent. 

I lost with paid legal advice 

judge was fine said morally it was wrong but legally it was “tough” 

my costs increase 50% due to their costs, including them monitoring this site.  I’ll add the details in the morning when I have more time

their barrister was “sympathetic” 

Now see if I was in your position I would be posting to tell everyone which company I used to represent me and letting everyone know to avoid them....

i would also also be keeping to my own thread and not trying to convince everyone that your case is the norm when the evidence shows you are in the .01% of cases....

As for the 50% - Moriarty just informed me it would be an extra 700 quid if it  goes to court - that’s not even 10% - not like these things are drawn out cases....

Apologies to the OP,  your post, has been royally hijacked and I hate to keep adding to this derailment but it’s hard not too 🤓

• Like 1

£700!!

Moriarty never attend cases

Dx

• Like 1

and they

Great Business model from Moriaty / UAE Bank.  Send out 500 PAP letter, with a first class stamp, 50 people get scared and pay up, 200 can't or won't reply, receiving a default judgment, without Moriarty even having to go to the expense of sending anyone to represent them in court. Which is why they never turn up if anyone shows the slightest inkling of being able to defend them selves.

• Like 2

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

11 hours ago, SquaddyP said:

Of course you can post what you like, whatever you post is seen. And in the costs it was added monitoring CAG (I’ll attach this in the morning)

why would you give them the heads up of what’s going on? 

Chipz? Where was your advice at the time?

people do their own thing, I follow and if I can input I will. If I can’t then I cant

seems to me if you put anything admin don’t agree with or others don’t like then you get “banned”. 

Id love to be a pasty / whatever it’s called then I’d not be pay £100s per month for a debt  that that was insured and paid off already 

Awaiting your uploads in eiger anticipation Squaddy...can we see the Judgment where it instructs you to pay  £100s per month ...fully redacted of course.

Andy

• Like 1

Really ?  I will have to be patient then until you can sort it out. :wink:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rgaine said:

Really looking forward to seeing that

Likewise! Absolutely everything I have ever found online about these things results in the same, people saying X/Y/Z has happened to them, then vanishing when asked to prove it.

Call me cynical but I see why it is often though these people have some form of ulterior motive...