SLC to Erudio to Drysdensfairfax

LoopyLeigh
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1959 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello.

I had students loans for years 1996 - 1999 with the student loan company [sLC] and was deferring every year after graduation because I was not earning enough.

Then Erudio took over the loans in 2014 and although they said that it would be the same as with the SLC they wanted more information from me that I was willing to give. I still completed their deferment forms but they were not accepted due to me not signing the actual form and leaving certain details out. I can't remember what it was I left off the form but I know it was something which was not included on the SLC form.

I re-sent the deferment form a number of times and it was always rejected and sent back. Subsequently I found myself in arrears.

This went on for over a year until unfortunately I was involved in a car accident and was deemed unfit for work.

I wrote to Erudio explained that I was now deemed unfit to work and sent them a copy of my Disability Living Allowance award. I was awarded lower rate for both care and mobility.

I heard nothing more from Erudio, the demanding letters stopped so I assumed, that my loans had now been cancelled.

Two weeks ago I received a letter from Erudio saying that Drysdensfairfax would now be dealing with my debt and I received a letter from them this week.

The letter claims I still owe over £7000 in student loans and that I have 30 days to make an offer of repayment.

I have since been re-assessed by the DWP for Personal Independence Payment [PIP] and been awarded the enhanced rate in both care and mobility.

Should my loans have been cancelled due to my disability and being unable to work?

I refer you to this:

Under The Education (Student Loans) Regulations 1998, lenders will cancel your liability to repay if you: Can show the lender you get a disability-related benefit and because of this disability you're permanently unfit for work.

Will this clause be invalid now it has been passed to a solicitor?

Do I now send a copy of my PIP award to Drysdensfairfax?

Thank you for reading. I appreciate any help.

Leigh x

Ignore the solicitor . Erudio are just a DCA. Have a read of other similar threads to get an idea of what to do while you wait for more advice.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

you mean you have a pre action protocol letter before claim giving 30 days to reply with a response pack?

if so numerous PAP letter threads here in the last 10 days to read that tell you how to address this

• Like 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 1 month later...

An update.

I ignored the solicitor and wrote to Erudio,

who wrote back and told me that I needed to contact Drysdensfairfax as they were now dealing with my account.

I replied to the PAP letter.

Giving them all the info relating to my permanent disability and my recent PIP award.

They wrote back asking for proof

I sent them a copy of my award.

Now they are asking for copies of prescriptions,

medical appointment letters as proof of my current health situation.

I am feeling very uneasy about sending them personal/private information which is contained in those letters.

I thought that an enhanced PIP award would be proof enough of my health situation,

it was awarded by a government body after all.

Is there an argument I can use to refuse to send this information such as data protection etc ?

Please be gentle with me.

I am not very good with these sort of people which is why I come here for your advice.

LL

no-one told you to write giving that information in the 1st place

why didn't you follow the advise in numerous threads here regarding how to reply to drydens PAP letter?

no you do not send it

none of their business

and

they couldn't careless.

dx

• Like 1

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I did read through the many threads on this subject but I found it all so very confusing.

Especially on what you should or should not do.

Everyone's story was different and there was a lot of contradicting advice from just ignoring the letters from the solicitors to replying to the PAP letter...

You yourself indicated that you should reply to a PAP letter to prevent a default judgement being made against you.

I read that some people who took the advice not to reply have now been issued with county court judgement orders.

Not good at all!

I know it must be frustrating having to repeat yourself over and over again, however when people come here to ask for help they are usually scared, not clued up on the law, and have no idea what to do next. They certainly do not come here to be shouted at or made to feel even more stupid than they did already.

I wish everyone in the same boat GOOD LUCK.

LL

Edited by dx100uk

ideally you should have post here since October with what you were proposing to send.

we definitely don't mind repeating ourselves

if we did

we'd simply pop up a series of templates to follow and not bother with personally replying to each thread with a tailored response as each situation is slightly diff ...so a one template fits all never really ideally works.

the only stupid people here are erudio and drydens wanting to fleece people and make their lives a misery so they can have free money in their pocket to have a nice expenses paid xmas holiday on the mugs that blindly pay them..

leave them now to sweat on what they have..

there is an outside chance of a write off, but sadly we've seen that ploy before and lo and behold, the next month the same ex student got a threatening letter from another of the names ARROWS use [erudio are arrows DCA BTW}.

another thing to your advantage is when you refused to sign their forms, as yes they were very intrusive - and that you tried again and again..

that def will not go down too well.

just for your ref..but as you've already read around here ..you'll see we recommend using the [blank] SLC forms we have here in the stickies and sending those..

there is nothing to stop you sending backdated ones now if you wish..rather than the medical info..

that'll wind them up.

dx

and they