Loans Split with Thesis/Erudio. Defaulted Loan & Refusing Deferement

DamienJames
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2002 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I'm so glad to have found this forum.

I hold 5 student loans from years 1996 - 2000.

The 1996 & 1997 loans are with Thesis

The 1998, 1999 and 2000 loan are with Erudio

I have never received a DAF from Erudio or signed any document with them. My loans have always been deferred thorugh the Student Loans Company, who now seem to have rebranded as SLC.

Historially I've occasionally been late submitting deferment but it's never been an issue.

I did not receive a DAF from anyone in 2017.

Erudio have sent me a default notice letter saying I had to pay my arrears of £1254 to "remedy the breach of Agreement" by 21st Oct.

For personal reasons I didn't open this letter until after that date. I rang them (sorry! - I won't make that mistake again, it was before I found this forum) to see what could be done. I've been told that I'm no longer eligible for deferment. I was explicitly told that the agreement has been cancelled and that I'm no longer entitleld to have the loan written off in 2025 and that I need to enter into a repayment plan.

When I started receiving letters I spoke with SLC (last month) and they have sent me a replacement DAF, however it only lists the 2 Thesis loan account numbers, not the 3 Erudio ones.

I'd greatly appreciate advice on where I stand legally and what my next step should be.

Thesis are also now calling, emailing and texting but I haven't yet responded to them.

Many thanks

DJ

Stop baying to their tune.

Look at the stickies of this forum find the blank slc form

send deferment forms for each of the loans and the years missed to whomever you need too.

Ignore and bounce and block all text email phone comms

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thank you for the swift reply.

I have 3 queries:

1. I've just downloaded the standard DAF. Are you suggesting I send copies to all 3 companies? Historically I've only ever sent DAF's to the SLC, never to Thesis or Erudio.

2. When you say send it for the years missed (2017), shall I just send 2 copies, one dated Nov 2017 and one dated Oct 2018?

3. Are Erudio legally able to 'cancel' my loan agreement and prevent the balance dropping off in 2025?

I really appreciate the help!

I can see you've done abit of reading around.

I will assume you have a basic knowledge of...the owners of your loans are Debt Collectors hiding behind new names.

namely...

Link Financial - Thesis

Arrow global - Erudio

the bottom line is they don't care about anything..all they want is to mug people for money.

they don't care what stunts they pull to extract that money..they will pull them...or try to....

Centrally, the deferment of all the loans..no matter who has them now.. is still gov't by SLC. no name change at all

now if sending said forms, for any years you might have omitted to, is the key here and do so..to SLC

they'll either buff you off ...saying send them here ..or they'll fwd them on..or do nothing..

the fact one might be late is essentially immaterial, its sent, the info is in the system..tough on whomever things and acts otherwise.

theres no remit for the forms to be sent out, and quite often 'debtors' have moved atleast once since taking out loans.

this is why its ESSENTIAL to ensure atleast SLC are ALWAYS aware of your present address.

if latterly it becomes apparent arrows/link dont know as well then they need to know.

what often happens if forms are sent to old addresses , that's how they get around the issue and like you they suddenly start sending threats etc.

that above info essentially negates anything erudio are trying on you now.

in these instances backdoor CCJ WILL be sought as an easy option of forcing payment..that seems to be the remit currently happening.

last point...don't believe ANYTHING you are told by text/email/phone.

only writing.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Game on, thank you.

So...

I've printed standard SLC DAF's x2 today. Filled in info, dated one I missed for last year (Nov 2017) and the second one Oct 2018.

Both will be sent via Special Delivery to SLC tomorrow.

Out of interest, I recall the SLC telling me a few years ago that if there were arrears on the account (from previous late deferments) then the loans would no longer be eligible to drop off. Is that also a nonsense?

I'll keep this thread updated with the outcome.

Edited by DamienJames

we have certainly seen info from the fleecers that they then can claim all sorts of wonderful things about loans not deferred etc etc

but in all truth they've never pushed these anywhere near a court to 'enforce' what they are claiming has happened so you now must cough up.

to date I've not seen ONE court case involving them and an SLC loan that wasn't simply them going for a backdoor CCJ at an old address.

[rather than an actual dispute over say deferment etc not happening, it been defaulted, you cant stop that now off to court game]

it appears , though again I will say there are other forums with differing 'stories' [and I often don't feel the stories runs right either to be truthful here] whereby people have been taken to court etc , but I've a feeling these might well either be total idiots - no polite way of expressing that any other way sadly - that didn't have a clue what they were doing, or certainly in one case, it was put up job by one of the fleecers… that someone did lose.

if you are/were not earning enough, even if the forms are 'late' or...well I sent one here is a copy..:wink: that it progressed anywhere.

and they