My overall Benefits journey from 2013 to date - and on going still!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 337 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 697
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You only get protection if the DWP transfer you over when you are on esa,if you are found fit for work you are moving to UC from esa because you wouldn't be entitled to esa anymore so you lose the protection.

That is what I thought, didn't expect it anyway so won't come as a shock when not getting it and being considerably worse off. Still, my credit card at £0 balance will have to see me through the 6+ weeks of no money - won't end up paying them anyway - not my fault!

Ironically I love the fact that you are found 'fit for work' by some spotted herbert sitting behind a desk ruining peoples lives and making them iller but your GP who has know you for years on end says you are not fit for work and signs you off at 3 months at a time. Great system eh, I mean what would your GP know, they are only professionaly trained to say you are mentally ill and suffering and able to prescribe ADs and beta blockers as well as send you for counselling and anger management.

Whole system STINKS

Yes it I lost my esa because the so called nurse lied and ignored evidence after she pretended to be sympathetic towards me when the decision maker called to tell me 0 points I told him what she had left out he then read my evidence which he hadn't read either he was just going by her report he reinstated my esa if he hadn't called and sent a letter I would have lost it altogether.Unfortunately it just depends who you get to assess you.

Yes it I lost my esa because the so called nurse lied and ignored evidence after she pretended to be sympathetic towards me when the decision maker called to tell me 0 points I told him what she had left out he then read my evidence which he hadn't read either he was just going by her report he reinstated my esa if he hadn't called and sent a letter I would have lost it altogether.Unfortunately it just depends who you get to assess you.

All sorted now though? I hope so!

I am due an ESA payment tomorrow of £146.20 and a housing benefit payment of £382.50 on 30th. I have heard nothing by way of a call or letter re WCA yet so hopefully I will at least get these 2 payments before having the dreaded call or letter andhavingto claim UC on line!

Yes thanks Matt it's sorted until next may.I get paid on a Tuesday and my payment is already processed on the Friday so that's 2 full working days before so yours should be put on the system on the 27th so you only need to get past tomorrow without any news and you should get your payment ok.Just looked at the calendar it should be put on the system tomorrow because the 30th is a Monday.

Yes thanks Matt it's sorted until next may.I get paid on a Tuesday and my payment is already processed on the Friday so that's 2 full working days before so yours should be put on the system on the 27th so you only need to get past tomorrow without any news and you should get your payment ok.Just looked at the calendar it should be put on the system tomorrow because the 30th is a Monday.

I hope so, as at least for me that wouldbe another £528.70 and another month paid up. The cynic in me says that even though the DWP have not called and I have no letter yet the LA has been informed and no money will be shown in my account. As I am OCD and worry a lot when I expect a payment I stay up until 12.15am so check it has gone in!

I'm sure it will be fine,i know the feeling every second monday i am the same but my bank doesn't pay in until 2-20am but it is worth staying up to make sure it goes in,who we would phone at that time in the morning if it didn't go in i don't know lol.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there is online a list of areas and the dates of when the universal credit transition will happen. I have seen reports that its still in backlog, and that although it was meant to be done by 2018 that its now going to be 2021/2. I cant find any actual list or info for this. Is this right or are they still on the 2018 date to have it all rolled by?.

All I get from that is page not found....oh now I just clicked on the link in the email message and I got the page. Thank you. From that it says once its rolled out in all areas then the existing benefit claimants (which I guess are like me currently on esa support group etc) will be transferred from 2019.

Thanks.

Depends on what info you're after?

There's a collation of resource links on this page https://benefitrights.net/2015/03/30/universal-credit-maps/

There is an interactive map you can click on which might be on that page but I can't remember the exact link.

Also whilst you have the different rollout levels I'm not sure there's a list on when the planned rather than natural migration of existing claimants commences.

So whilst it should be rolled out by end of 2018 the migration of existing non UC claims will take far longer and hence the is it 2020/2022? completion date *

* note this maybe subject to further revision as all claims were supposed to be migrated over by Sept 2017 iirc :lol:

Hi speedfreek, yes that was what I was after...the migration of non uc claimants. The area I am in is last but one listed on the roll out, and was scheduled 2018, but now am hearing its more likely to be 2021...the way its going I will be a pensioner by the time it gets me.

• 3 months later...

Today the form has arrived.

Was due in January 2016 so i had some peace.

4 years since the last one came and i was left in support group.

There doesn't seem much in the way of real sensible questions, some really silly ones that i just despair at. But the sentence that says i can use extra sheets if needed will mean quite a few pages that cover all the important things, the things that really matter.

Its a good job i/we have a few weeks to do it, my daughter/carer will be helping.

I will need to give this form as one example of things that stress me out and make my illnesses worse, and waiting for the outcome.

And sorry...i forgot to ask the thing i came here to ask...... Assuming they will haul me in for questioning, can i get the assessment recorded still? for ESA?

So far as I know you can still ask for assessments to be recorded, and definitely should.

I'm overdue for reassessment by two years, and whilst I appreciate the peace (whilst I deal with the PIP assessment and subsequent complaint!) there's also that sword of damocles and the occasional stray thought as to whether the form has got lost in the post. Plus the panic attack every time there's a brown envelope in the post ...

Good luck, and remember that if it's worth saying once it's worth repeating at every opportunity, mention 'risk' and 'danger' as often as possible and if their little tick boxes don't match your circumstances exactly, don't tick one.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

I've added that to your title RB

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thank you RMW....there have been times when i have wondered if there would be a lost form scenario. I have until 28th march to get it back to them, it will be quite some paperwork for them to read.

You can still request the interrogation be recorded, I phoned on the morning of mine only to be told the equipment is broken so they'll resend a new appointment.

So far so good, nothing in the post.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

My daughter has googled dwp recording esa assessments and it says request it in advance. So it will go on the form they have sent me. It will have to be recorded as i have dreadful memory issues related to one of my illnesses, and i have to be able to know what was or wasn't said etc or my anxiety will be sky high, plus the added anxiety of the whole thing anyway.

Please remember that no one will read anything you put on the form regarding the assessment, e.g. ground floor needed, and the appointment will be booked through their automatic system so you may need to check that the assessment centre is suitable once you receive an appointment.

Also, no one will have read that you want the assessment recorded so you'll need to check that too.

In fact, it's unlikely that anyone will have read anything on the form other than your name and address until just before the assessment.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

Thank you RMW.....it beggars belief. My daughter is on it, am lucky to have her and the support i have here, no wonder so many people have such nightmare experiences.

• 4 weeks later...

So the form has gone off with as much info as we could muster....it says on there to request recording or home visit asap, so that's been put on there too. My daughter has also emailed their customer services, for information about what they actually do with the info/form etc...its been 4 yrs since the last one, i feel sick.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. Last year i had a dwp budget loan. As is the norm i had the offer, accepted it and returned the form re the re-payments. Repayments started and will end next week.

Letter came last week confirming the last payment will be next week. And giving the new

rates of esa support group from April. An extra couple of pounds per week. Simple. On the page was in bold stating i must inform them of any changes, ie partner if i have one etc. i have never seen this on previous letters, like it was highlighted.

i thought maybe it was triggered by my recent name change, by deed poll, to rid myself of my old married name, ive been divorced and single for years. So i wrote to the dwp (well my daughter did as if me as she has power of attorney and i asked her to) to explain that my adult children hadnt used my old married name for 2 years and had changed theyre names by deedpoll to my maiden name, and that now i had done the same. No other changes. Simple.

Today i get another letter, giving change of rates again as before. When and how paid etc. Then goes on to say they used the tax years 2003/2004 to assess my claim?

They obviously haven't updated their file as its in old name, despite a letter from them assuring me they have kept a deed copy and advised ALL departments necessary.

They then go on to tell me (what they have already done) about deductions from benefit for the loan last year. The amounts dated from 15th April 2017 to June 2017.

i may be being a bit thick? but i feel like alice in wonderland, none of it makes sense.

still awaiting the outcome of the esa reassessment form that went off 22nd march. No reply from the email my daughter sent re waiting times and reassurance it would be read by somebody who understand my illnesses, despite them advising they usually get back to you within 2 days.

Each time i see a dwp type envelope i feel sick. Anxiety through the roof.

I've seen another thread in the last day or two mentioning using those tax years to assess a claim which turned out to have been issued in error, I wonder if the DWP have a gremlin issuing irrelevant letters at the moment?

I know exactly what you mean about DWP envelopes - horrible sinking feeling at the mere sight of a brown envelope on the mat.

I'd be tempted to ignore the letter for now, but if you have to phone or get someone to phone and query it.

RMW

Yes i am thinking the same RMW, its not giving me any bad news or anything, if its a clerical error its harmless as such.