Company charging me

bella-bella
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2009 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I am having problems with a company who are trying to levy on substantial charges that they promised do not apply to me (have it in writing several times as well as verbally on numerous occasions).

I decided not to use their services because of multiple failures on their part, but they are still trying to charge me.

However the company is watching me online and I can't name them, nor the type of company they are because it's a specific type that there are very few of and they will immediately find it.

They find everything I post and then send legal threats saying it's slander.

Is there any way I can liase with somebody privately about the issue to get some advice?

I'm not sure if I'm taking the right course of action.

I have considered that, but I think it would end up costing more than the cost the company is demanding ((not a small amount either, 4 figure sum) and I really don't feel that I'm at fault here, the company appears to be going back on everything they promised.

I want to try and resolve it without going to a solicitor and hoped to get advice as to whether I was doing the right thing or not but I can't post it publicly. I know this is frustrating, and it is to me too, but I can't deal with all the nasty messages affecting my mental health.

let them send slander threats obviously they want to silence you for a good reason.

we don't bow to those and deal with them.

spill the story.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I entrusted some items to a company to sell.

We agreed that there would be no fee if I was unhappy for any reason and wanted to take back items.

I have this in writing and verbally.

In the following months they did not fulfill promises made, and were miss-placing items, and not handling them correctly.

I therefore decided to take them back which was done.

When I took them back I noted missing items, but they denied that they ever had them despite my having photographic evidence.

They have now sent fees for taking the items back, collection, plus fee for advertising (I was never consulted upon, nor aware of the advertisement).

I was going to write that I will pay for collection but have no agreement with them to pay the other two.

In fact categorically have it in writing no fees for taking back items.

They have also kept all proceeds from the sales so far.

Edited by bella-bella

so the bottom line is you are out of pocket and have items missing?

they are sort of saying, well we had outlay so we owe you nothing now because of our fees?

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

We are out of pocket yes. They sold 2k worth of our items but never paid us for those and kept the money.

They further demanded 4k in fees for taking back the items we collected despite promising us no fee on those.

Also several hundred for an advert they placed which we weren't even made aware of until now, and couple of hundred for their costs for collecting the items (the only fee that I feel they are entited to is collection).

if you have written evidence that they will not charge the fees they are claiming

and you have proof that they have sold items and not paid you take them to court

issue a letter before action giving them 14 days to give you your money or you will issue a small claim court claim without any further warning.

and they

Send a letter to them outlining the problems, state that they have not paid you for the goods already sold and you will pay their fee on those items, send a copy of your contract and keep refering to it on where they have failed.

State that if they do not pay you then you will submit a claim against them in the small claims court.

Give them 7 or 14 days to pay by cleared funds only.

Mark your letter at the top letter before actin.

Send it recorded delivery

:rockon::rockon:

and they

the sum is well outside small claims.

poss not a good idea sadly.

this has been referred to CAG admin re a PM to me

and they