• Tweets

• have you any record of when the £279 was first 'claimed' that you owed it, as that might give a good indication upon it's statute barring date. the fact that you remained with them till late 2021 makes no odds. i cant see how this has grown to +£3k mind. something is not right here. when was the court claim and how much was it for please? and if they didn't issue a notice of discontinuance, N279, how do you know the claim was 'discontinued'? what written evidence have you from EON that states this? as that could dictate SB date too. as for today, you ignore DRA, i suspect a default was registered years ago and with an existing stayed? court claim - it's going nowhere. thread title updated.
    • I've an idea that what this is is clearing out stock of old tech panels as there have been signs of major breakthroughs in solar tech - inc what is effectively solar paint   reuters.com WWW.REUTERS.COM  
    • ROFL - says a minister of the government that lets its politicians promote their agendas unchallenged and well paid on the UK's version of Russia Today translated UK deputy PM launches global push to mask their election rigging "The UK is following Russia and China on a government minister and MP led process to get paid vast sums to put our message out to the plebs unchallenged, funded via right wing billionaires, AI from foreign states, and misuse of taxpayer money.   reuters.com WWW.REUTERS.COM  
    • Yes, but the process starts here... https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/data-protection-complaints/what-to-expect/ This involves making a complaint to GS first before approaching ICO. However, at the time of the complaint, I beleive we'd advise the complainant to ask for some compensation and take it from there. @FTMDave?? No, I meant this forum, The Consumer Action Group, where you're posting right now.😄 (We're in the slow process of rebranding as The National Consumer Service.)
    • Thank you. The npower debt was from 2019/2020 until EON took over the account late 2021. npower had set a DCA on me even though I owed them nothing. I spoke to a customer service agent, following up by email, who confirmed I was in credit . I made a complaint to head office who sent a barrage of emails, changing the amounts each time. According to them, I owed £279. The debt grew to what it is now as first npower and then EON subsequently failed to put a payment arrangement and direct debit in place to pay off this supposed sum and my ongoing bills. I was very ill with Covid, struggling in lockdown with a disabled child and informed them of all this. EON stopped their legal action when I took them to the ombudsman as this was part of my complaint and requested remedy but I have not received a notice of discontinuance.  I would like to set up my own dd to pay them off but am concerned they could still take legal action. I am on a low income and can’t afford to pay them more than a token amount each month.  And yes, they state their client is EON and that they can return the debt to EON who can either register a default or take me to court. 
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Parcel2go Hermès Lost/Damaged Item - court claim issued ***Won***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1893 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

On the 1st October i purchased a window from a ebay seller, due to the large distance he was from myself (350 miles) i arrange a courier to have the item collect, which the seller was happy with.

The courier i decided to use was Parcel2Go (hermes light and large service), due to the high value of the item £500 i decide to pay a extra £14 to cover the £500.The collection was arranged for the 8th Oct but the collection never took place, i contact Parcel2Go which is a joke as they only appeat to allow a chat system, i was told they would rebook it for the 10th. This collection also failed and was told driver did not have van big enough :???: , the nest collection was successfull and tracking got to around the 17th then stopped on the web site.

I was now getting most concerned i decided to ring hermes direct, i got a better customer service and was told the item has been damaged and will be sent back to the sender, which of course is the ebay seller. I have contacted him and he has not seen any sign of it as of today.

I have now had enough of waiting, do i have the right to put in a claim ? i noticed that parcel2go mention claims need to be put in 28 days from order.

Any advice much appreciated.

I would put a claim in now, for the full value of the item up to the £500 that you have paid the extra insurance for.

As you've used parcel2go your claim will be with them and they will need to liase with hermes and sort it out. Even if they do find the item it's no longer usable if damaged so they should compensate you.

You are not alone in this, when I've tried to use parcel2go in the past for a collection nobody showed up either. And hermes are terrible for large or delicate items. Almost every large item I've ever had shipped with them was either returned to sender as damaged, or lost completely.

Claim letter emailed to parcel2Go claims department, will now await there response, interestingly i got a email from hermes as follows:

Response By E-mail (Navita Gwalani) (25/10/2018 06.10 AM)

Dear Sir,

Regarding parcel number: 89103xxxxxxxxxxx and sorry for the delay in response.

Thank you for contacting myHermes.

I'm sorry to see your parcels tracking hasn't updated since 18/10/2018 . The last tracking point was at the Hub but as millions of parcels go through the Hub a week, we can't arrange a specific sweep for your item. Weekly sweeps are carried out at the Hub so any parcel that is located is then scanned back in for delivery straight away.

Just keep an eye on the tracking as we allow 5 days to make sure there has been enough time for it to be found and scanned back and as it has been more then 5 days we deem the parcel lost.As you have booked the parcel with Parcel2Go please contact them for further assistance on refund.

Kind regards,

Navita Gwalani

Oh dear. You have used Parcel2Go. Once it is declared lost or damaged, all you will get back is the price you paid for the shipping as nearly everything sent by courier isn't covered by their restricted items list such as items containing glass.

Other courier companies are the same. They will take your money and any extras to cover loss/damage and when you make a claim, they refer back to their terms and refuse to pay out.

All is not lost. Parcel2Go accepted your parcel and you paid for the extra insurance so if they try to fob you off, you sue them.

If you read other threads on here, you will see what has happened in other cases.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Its a joke they can get away with this sort of thing, when you book the collection online you have to put the contents into one of the boxes which appears to indicate if its covered, i just run a test on it and a windows appeared to be covered for loss, knife being prohibited.

prohibited.png

Accepted.png

Maybe getting somewhere now

:-), will await the excuse not to pay up, keep you posted.

Dear xxxx xxxxx

We’re writing to you in response to your recent enquiry regarding the following order: P2Gxxxxxxxx.

We have conducted a full investigation with the courier to locate your parcel, unfortunately, in this instance, the search has proved unsuccessful.

We apologise for the inconvenience this has caused and as a result, we have now progressed your enquiry to a claim.

Regarding compensation

Our records show that you took out protection on your parcel for the declared value of its contents. That means that in the event that your claim is successful, you’ll get fully compensated for the declared value of your parcel.

What happens next?

To help us progress your claim as quickly as possible, you’ll need to upload supporting documents.

View your case to submit the required information.

Deadline to submit documents: 18/11/2018

Edited by dx100uk
format

Sorry to hear you problem.

I had a similar experience with them and they kept fobbing me off.

Spoke to trading standards and sent them one last letter to get it sorted, when they didn't reply I started legal proceedings and they paid up.

They will try and put barriers in your way hoping you will give up.

Good luck and hope you get the result you want

JJ

• 2 weeks later...

Got the response we all expected :-x

Unfortunately your enquiry has been rejected.

Reason

We’re very sorry to let you know that we were unable to approve your claim in this particular instance.

During the booking process, we asked you to check your item against the list of items we’re unable to compensate for on our website.

Unfortunately, the item you decided to send appears on our prohibited items and no-compensation list, which means we’re unable to compensate you for damages to this item.

Time to start court proceedings i guess.

Letter Before Action first. Give them 14 days to pay up then when they ignore this, on the 15th day file papers on the MCOL site. You can register with the site in advance.

Companies like P2G don't want their terms and conditions questioned by a judge and they may just decide to settle. This has happened previously in other cases.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

• 3 weeks later...

14 days now passed, and no response from letter before action, i am now going to submit a claim on MCOL, have included my claim wording, should i also tick the box for include detailed particulars to defendant, or is the below enough ?

The claimant paid the defendant £38.00 pounds on 1st October 2018 to carry out the collection and delivery of a Sash Window valued at £500.00 to my UK address. The cost of the delivery was £24.00. The claimant also paid £14.00 to the defendants as an insurance cover to protect themselves against the possible breach of their contract by the defendant.

The defendants have lost the parcel and have admitted this. Despite this, they refuse to reimburse the claimant for the value of the parcel and cost of delivery.

The claimant seeks £500.00 being the value of the lost Sash Window plus £38.00 for the insurance cover which the claimant now understands is unfair because the defendants were obligated to carry out the contract satisfactorily in any event and are responsible for losses incurred by their breach.

Total: £538.00

Thanks

HI

I will alert Bankfodder to this case. He 'loves' P2G :lol:

I am pretty useless at court claims but to me it seems a reasonable POC

" should i also tick the box for include detailed particulars to defendant,"

No...also claim interest on the claim...section 69.... 8%....tick the box once your happy and ready to submit your particulars.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Sorry, I have only just seen this.

It all looks great of course and AndyOrch has signed it off. However, have you issued it? I would also have claimed for the insurance money as well.

It's absurd to be required to pay insurance simply to protect yourself against somebody not carrying out their side of the contract. That's what the purchase price is for. You pay for a service to be done and to be complete and to be satisfactory. If there is a breach of contract then the purchase price is the consideration for the contract properly executed and if they fail to do so then they are liable. Otherwise they are saying – pay us the money and we will deliver your item but we won't be liable for breaches unless you pay us even more.

By not claiming for the insurance premium as well, you are effectively validating the absurd culture that seems to have developed within the delivery industry.

If you have issued the papers then fine – no problem. However, – and this is just my personal bugbear – I would advise you to claim back the insurance money as well if the papers have not yet been issued.

Please post up the claim form here in PDF format and when they defend, please post that up as well in PDF format.

I suppose their defence will be a pretty well standard defence

• 2 weeks later...

:jaw:

Received the following email from P2G.

Good Afternoon Paul,

I am contacting you regarding the above Court proceedings.

Firstly, please allow me to apologise for the problems caused when using our services.

I would like to settle this for the full amount on the Court Papers which is £598.00.

In order to settle the said amount can you please provide me with your sort code and account number, I will then set up a manual payment with our accounts department.

Once the payment has been received can you then file a notice with the Court that this matter has been settled and no further action is needed.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Kindest Regards

Dianne Fisher

Claims Senior Supervisor

Parcel2Go.com

MCOL updated with the following:

You submitted a claim on 30/11/2018 at 13:58:18

Your claim was issued on 03/12/2018

Parcel2Go Limited filed an acknowledgment of service on 10/12/2018 at 14:01:59

I assume i reply back with bank info and await to see if payment arrives ?

Absolutely......well done.....once payment received..then inform the court its been settled.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

… and inform us as well please.

Don't withdraw the claim without the money first

Another one bites the dust. I assume it must be financially viable for P2G to pay out when they are challenged where most people will just accept their word for it when the case is rejected.

It is people like you who challenge them and they will pay out to avoid court action.

Well done

• 3 weeks later...

Full amount received, court informed that amount has been paid in full. Thanks for all your support, and hopefully people reading this post in the same position will also make a stand to these companies bad customer service.

Edited by techie09
typo