Consolidation Hearing!!!

Barry031261
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6336 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have 2 cases in court at the moment, 1 versus Woolwich and the other against Barclaycard.

Both entered acknowledgements but only Barclaycard put in their defence.

I applied to the court for judgement against Woolwich and obtained Judgement by default.

I gave them 2 weeks to pay me and after that period of time had passed I sent an email to the solicitor named on the form advising that they had 2 days to pay the judgemment prior to me applying for a warrant of execution.

2 days later I received correspondence from the court stating that my judgement had been in error and that they had a received defence from Woolwich. It also included an Allocation Questionnaire.

But the worrying part is that the Judge had ordered that upon receipt of my Allocation Questionnaire there would be a Consolidation Hearing for both cases!

Now I'm fuming about this! How can the courts accept a defence so late that it overthrows a judgement?

Anybody got any ideas where to go from here?

Barry

Halifax - Won £425.00

American Express - Won £90.00

Woolwich Bank - Won £2280.00

Barclaycard - Won £558.00

Woolwich Bank - New claim for £723.00 entered.

Barclaycard - New claim for £236.00 entered

I don't think they accepted the defence late, I think they had the defence, but made a clerical error, and that you were allowed to get default judgment default wen you shouldn't.

I think a consolidation hearing is so that both cases would be lumped together, rather than treated as 2 separate court cases.

Looking at your signature, it seems even with both cases together, you'd still be well below the 5k limit, so I don't see that there is any reason to object, that means you'll get your money in one go rather than 2, hopefully, lol.

If that is the case, make sure you get Barclays to pay for both court fees all the same.

The consolidation hearing is not for deciding on whether you have a case, remember, only to decide whether both cases should be lumped together or treated as 2 separate entities.