• Tweets

• You don't need to be so specific that you feel that you have to find a story here which is on all fours with yours. The general principles will be fine. Read around the stories and understand the various principles – in particular in relation to the insurance requirement and also why you won't be claiming against Packlink but you will be claiming against Hermes and what you have to say to Hermes when they try to fob you off back to Packlink. I don't suppose you thought to get your customer to obtain a crime reference number? If you had done that in your argument to eBay then eBay would probably have insisted on seeing the crime reference number from your customer. I suppose that now that your customer has his money back, he won't be bothered any more. Read the stories and then come back here when you think you understand the principles and we will take you through the next step.
    • France has passed a law that says all sportspeople must be vaccinated in order to compete.   https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2022/jan/17/djokovics-french-open-title-defence-in-doubt-over-covid-pass-ruling   In separate news, Djokovic has shares in a biotech company developing a drug treatment for Covid.   https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2022/jan/19/novak-djokovic-stake-biotech-firm-quantbiores-covid  
    • That Led By Donkeys video is great, isn't it? I don't see any of them being on the resignation honours list, lol.
    • Hi, I am wondering if I should write a Letter of Action to Hermes regarding a stolen parcel? Below is a timeline of events:   20/11/21 – I sold a collectible item on eBay for £350   21/11/21 – The buyer pays   22/11/21 - I buy postage through Packlink and post via an Inpost locker. Regrettably, I did not purchase additional insurance.   25/11/21 – The buyer contacts me to ask for more tracking information as the tracking on eBay states the parcel has been delivered, but his partner had been home all day and no courier called. I track the parcel on the Hermes website, it states it has been delivered and there is an accompanying map with a pin at his address, along with photograph showing the parcel on his doorstep. I show this to the buyer, who insists there was no parcel on the step and that this has happened more than once recently with Hermes. He asks me to refund him and claim the money back from Hermes. I admit I was slightly suspicious at this point, so I told him to open a case with eBay as I wanted their guidance.   26/11/21 – The buyer opens an “item not received” case with eBay. I update the case with tracking information and details of what has happened.   28/11/21 – I raise an incident on the Hermes website.   29/11/21 – I receive an email from Hermes Support asking me to complete a Loss Claim Form, and for the buyer to complete a Denial Of Receipt form.   2/12/21 – The eBay case is automatically closed in my favour. However, the buyer immediately appeals and the decision is reversed. A full refund is given and deducted from my own funds.  Hermes Support email me acknowledging the completed claim form and state that it will be assessed within 28 working days.   13/12/21 – I chase Hermes for an update. No response.   29/12/21 – Hermes Support email me saying the proof of value I sent does not display the customers name and address. I email them back with one that does.   30/12/21 – Hermes Support email me apologising for the problem with my delivery and tell me I should speak directly to the client. I reply, stating I AM the client, and summarise the details of the initial claim. I receive a further reply telling me to pursue the matter with Inpost as they are regarded as the carrier. I questioned why they had opened a claim, sent me forms etc only to pass the buck almost a month later, but was met with a generic response. I then sent a detailed email to Inpost Customer Care, along with the supporting documents I’d sent to Hermes.   31/12/21 – Inpost Customer Care reply to my email and tell me it is in fact Packlink I need to raise a claim through.   1/1/22 – Claim opened with Packlink. They email me an Affidavit to complete. I complete the form and send it back along with all supporting evidence previously sent to Hermes (and Inpost!).   2/12/22 – A Packlink representative emails me to request the Affidavit again as I have not provided a handwritten signature. I reply, informing them that the signature was indeed handwritten.   12/1/22 – Packlink email me to say their investigation is complete and has been passed to the Claims department for the final evaluation.   19/1/22 – Packlink email me to confirm my compensation claim for loss has been accepted, and the amount of £25 plus the cost of postage will be refunded to my bank account.     I realise that I am in a bad position here, having not taken out extra insurance. However, Hermes own terms and conditions define a Safe Place as "a location which is not an exposed doorstep or otherwise in public view". Surely the courier is in breach of these terms by leaving a parcel unattended on a doorstep?   I have read through a few of these threads but can't find a similar situation where a parcel was stolen from outside a property. Any advice would be gratefully received.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• Recommended Topics

Ryanair Baggage Charges!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5493 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

i'm pretty new to this site but i was curious to know if anyone else has experienced the same problem with ryanair when it comes to pre-paying for checked in luggage in their website. There is supposedly to be a discount price of £3.50 if you pay online before you go to the airport but when it came to this i was charged the £7 what happened to the discount? I was only checking in 1 bag so i didn't mistakenly put down 2. this an excert from their website

UK Pounds/Euro or local currency equivalent)Booked on www.ryanair.comBooked via a Call Centre* or Airport UK PoundsEuroUK PoundsEuroFlight Change Fees£17.00€25.00£30.00€45 .00Name Change Fees £45.00€65.00Infant Fee£7.00€10.00£7.00€10.00 Baggage Fee£3.50€4.50£7.00€10.00

Has anyone else noticed this, who have travelled on ryanair? Have you said or done anything about it? are they allowed to lie so blatantly? Any information would be great.

Pink

user_online.gifreputation.gif vbrep_register("385997") report.gif

No reply from the OP so I am going to assume that they purchased a return ticket - as with most Ryanair charges you are charged per sector flown. On a return ticket there are 2 sectors therefore you pay the discounted charge of £3.50 twice which equals £7.00.

Lloyds TSB, Total Charges £900, Claim Filed for £1379 - Settled

Sainsbury's Bank Credit Card, Total Charges £90 - Settled.

Work does a strange thing in keeping people busy..... anyhow

Actually i only purchased a one way ticket and i am returning on a different Airline from a different airport. Anyway i called the customer service line which took a while to get through somehow manged to get a decent person on the other end and eventually settled with meal vouchers to use in the airport. It was only £3.50 but its the principle of the matter. Lets see if this will actually happen. They are probaby making a packet out of this as with the ban on liquids and cosmetic goods have no other choice but to check in your baggage you want to bring your own shampoo...

Pink

Work does a strange thing in keeping people busy..... anyhow

Quite... Anyhow

Well done for getting something out of Ryanair, actually even for getting through to their customer service line. Very strange that their website didn't work properly for you, the way I got the answer I gave was by running through two test bookings - a return and a single - the single gave a charge of £3.50 for 1 checked bag.

The day i booked the flight the website was acting strange and it took me several attempts to book the flight. I booked a one way ticket before with them and it was only £3.50 with ryanair i always read the terms and conditions as no doubt they will always try and find a way to screw you over ( ie additional charge of aviation/wheelchair that they don't show until after you have paid). They didn't show there had been any change to baggage charge. So i wasn't too happy about it.

Lets see if they will actually pay up when i go to the airport thats when i will have gotten something back from them.

Oh I will happily add my boot to the kicking Ryanair deserve! - Staff trained in the school of bad-manners and ignorance, cramped plastic chairs all squashed in on the plane, ....list is endless! .. Before long they'll charge you for the emergency provision of oxygen and the life vest under you seat, whether you use them or not!

• 1 month later...

When I book a return ticket with RyanAir online an additional cost of £7.00 appears although I do not want to put any luggage in the hold of the aeroplane.

Is it me not following the web site instructions properly or am I being ripped off by RyanAir for a service that is not required?

You've done something wrong. When you enter the passenger names after selecting your flights you need to choose "0/Priority Check in" against each name if you don't want a hold bag and then click Remove to avoid paing a £4.00 per sector priority check in fee.