PRA PAPLOC now Court Claim - HBOS Credit Card debt ***Claim Struck Out***

dagboyblue
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1278 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

no been reading up then?

don't file early no need

post up your defence 1st here mind

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yes

I set myself a limit of the end of this week (6th Dec) before submitting the defence. Just wondered if there was any view on how late i should leave it . just wanted to see if they could produce what i have requested in the CPR form before submitting.

thanks again for your time 

filing just before when due does not hurt you.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi 

this is my first draft for the defence to be added to the claim this week 

The Claim –

1.The Claimant claims the sum of £6605 for an outstanding debt owed.

2.On 30/08/2006 the defendant entered into an agreement with LLoyds TSB BankPLC for a credit card under ref xxxxxxxxxx.

3.On 09/03/2011 the defendant defaulted on the agreement with an outstanding balance of £6864.

4,On 24/06/2014 the debt of £6679.31 was assigned to Aktiv Kapital portfolio AS, Oslo, Zug Branch, who itself assigned the debt to PRA Goup UK LTD on 31/12/2014.

5.Notices of assignment were sent to the defendant in accordance with S136 law of property act 1925.

6.Payments of £61.58 were received up to 07/01/2016 and adjustments have been applied in the sum of £13.18

In respect to paragraph 1, the defendant does not admit the allegation because

a. The claimant has failed to respond to a number of CCA information requests in full.

b. The claimant has been unable to provide the original creditor default notice

c. The claimant has been unable to provide a complete set of original statements detailing exactly how the debt has accrued detailing: All Transactions. From 2006 to 2016

d. A CPR31.14 requesting the Default Notice and Full statement was sent to the claimant on 25/11/2019 and has not been responded to.

In respect to paragraph 2, the defendant admits the allegation.

In respect to paragraph 3, the defendant does not admit the allegations because:

a. The claimant has not provided the original creditor default notice.

In respect to paragraph 4, the defendant admits the allegation.

In respect to paragraph 5, the defendant admits the allegation.

In respect to paragraph 6, the defendant admits the allegation.

Im a little worried about the parts where I admit the allegation - is this the correct type of response? As i see it they have provided the correct information for these elements of the claim 

No.....too specific and not CPR compliant...stick to the tried and tested.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

ok thanks

ive tried to find example of the tried and tested but cant find anything through the stickies?

as per the claim form it advises i should respond to each allegation, so I have amended to make this less specific - 

In respect to paragraph 1, the defendant does not admit the allegation because

a. The claimant has been unable to provide the original creditor default notice

b. The claimant has been unable to provide a complete set of original statements detailing exactly how the debt has accrued 

In respect to paragraph 2, the defendant admits the allegation.

In respect to paragraph 3, the defendant does not admit the allegations because:

a. The claimant has not provided the original creditor default notice.

In respect to paragraph 4, the defendant admits the allegation.

In respect to paragraph 5, the defendant admits the allegation.

In respect to paragraph 6, the defendant admits the allegation.

use the custom google search box on cag that comes up after hitting our squares logo up top

claimform card

dx

and they

There are no stickies on defences.....you will find them here:-

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/129-legal-successes/

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Hopefully I am going in the right direction now 

The Claim –

1.The Claimant claims the sum of £6605 for an outstanding debt owed.On 30/08/2006 the defendant entered into an agreement with LLoyds TSB Bank PLC for a credit card under ref xxxxxxxxxx.

2.On 09/03/2011 the defendant defaulted on the agreement with an outstanding balance of £6864.

3.On 24/06/2014 the debt of £6679.31 was assigned to Aktiv Kapital portfolio AS, Oslo, Zug Branch, who itself assigned the debt to PRA Goup UK LTD on 31/12/2014.Notices of assignment were sent to the defendant in accordance with S136 law of property act 1925.

4.Payments of £61.58 were received up to 07/01/2016 and adjustments have been applied in the sum of £13.18

The Defence 

1. The Defendant contends that the particulars of claim are vague and generic in nature.The Defendant accordingly sets out its case below and relies on CPR r 16.5 (3) in relation to any particular allegation to which a specific response has not been made.

2. Paragraphs 1 is noted and accepted that the Defendant has in the past had financial dealings with Lloyds TSB Bank PLC. I am unable to recall the precise details of the alleged agreement or debt by which the Claimant refers to within this claim.

The Defendant has sought clarification by way of a CPR 31.14 by signed delivery dated 25/11/2019. To this date the claimant has been unable to comply with and therefore unable to prove its basis of claim pleaded within its particulars and therefore prevented from enforcing the agreement until such compliance.

3. Paragraph 2 is denied. I am not aware or ever received service of a Default Notice pursuant to section 87 of the consumer credit Act 1974. 

4. Paragraph 3  is noted and accepted, the defendant has received copies of notice of assignments from the claimant.

The Claimant has failed to provide any evidence of balance/breach requested by CPR 31. 14, therefore the Claimant is put to strict proof to:

(a) show how the Defendant has entered into an agreement; and
(b) show and evidence the nature of the breach and service of a valid default notice;
(c) show how the Defendant has reached the amount claimed for; and

5. As per Civil Procedure Rule 16.5(4), it is expected that the Claimant prove the allegation that the money is owed.

6. By reasons of the facts and matters set out above, it is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed or any relief.

A few tweaks and amended the numbering of the particulars to simply the response and fluidity.

Please check the above now.

Andy

I have already altered it.

sorry think im confusing things 

so do I add the claim to the beginning of my defence - 

The Claim –

1.The Claimant claims the sum of £6605 for an outstanding debt owed.On 30/08/2006 the defendant entered into an agreement with LLoyds TSB Bank PLC for a credit card under ref xxxxxxxxxx.

2.On 09/03/2011 the defendant defaulted on the agreement with an outstanding balance of £6864.

3.On 24/06/2014 the debt of £6679.31 was assigned to Aktiv Kapital portfolio AS, Oslo, Zug Branch, who itself assigned the debt to PRA Goup UK LTD on 31/12/2014.Notices of assignment were sent to the defendant in accordance with S136 law of property act 1925.

4.Payments of £61.58 were received up to 07/01/2016 and adjustments have been applied in the sum of £13.18

No...thats for reference only so we can check that a response to all pleadings is within the defence.. 

• 2 weeks later...

you should also be reading mostly any claimform threads in this same forum during the downtimes between stages so you know whats next and how to or not respond ...

you should also have received a letter from the court informing you of what the next process is??..yours is not the next move...….

dx

and they

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

Just another update, I received the Directions questionaire from the court and have followed the instructions on CAG for completing the form.

I plan to send a copy to the court and PRA today 

i have yet to receive the DQ from PRA 

thanks

Hello there. I have been reading your thread and can point you to my thread that was a successful outcome with the mentioned DCA PRA

please have a read through, I am certain you will find enough information to help your own situation. A defence and witness statement are also there for you to look at.

In my case it never got to court, a letter of discontinuation was sent to me 2 weeks prior to the court date. 
it’s never to early to get started.

good luck

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the information Tbirdo I am sure this will really come in handy for my case.

Another update is that I have received an email for arranging a Mediation call on the 18/02, which i will book this week.

As per other threads i will keep the appointment and advise "No" on the call to point 2. - Can you confirm that you have enough information about the claim to allow you to enter into negotiations and that you do not require any further evidence from the other party before you can mediate. 

As to date still no update on the Default Notice or full statement 

thanks

Hi

I have spoken to the mediation booking line and I'm waiting for the appointment date for the 18th.

Today I received a response from the PRA Group to my CPR31.14 they advise I may wish to review my position in the  claim now they have provided the information.

what they have provided is 2x notice of assignments that I have already received from passed comms. they have also managed to get a statement from 2006 to 2014 (just photocopies, know letter head) as per my request. 

still no sign of a default notice??

any advise? I assume I carry on to the mediation date and answer no to point 2, due to the lack of a default notice.

thanks again for you support.

I have also attached the docs I have re lived, but not the statement

sorry for the spelling on the earlier post that was on my phone LOL

20200201_124716-merged (1).pdf

usual twaddle from pra group.

so still no dn then....:lol:

and they

• 3 weeks later...

Hi 

another quick update

Just had my Mediation call and advised them that I do not have enough information from PRA to continue with the mediation.

The mediator relayed that  PRA confirmed they have sent me the agreement and statement and that PRA believe this is enough to determine that this is my debt.

PRA confirmed that they do not have the "default notice" but believe the information they provided is enough for the court

Now I will just wait for the court process to initiate and in the meantime i will continue to work on my statement

thanks

• dx100uk changed the title to PRA PAPLOC now Court Claim - HBOS Credit Card debt

well they would say that.

dx

and they

• 1 month later...

Hi 

I hope all are safe and well 

I just received a letter from the court that the hearing will be listed for remote hearing (date to be fixed)

I had a search but couldn't find much which relates to my case type - sorry if i missed it 

I have 14 days to confirm if I do not agree to a remote hearing 

Also 14 days to agree if i waive the right to a remote hearing and let the judge determine the claim by way of a paperwork exercise

any advise - should i just let it run 

Thanks