• Tweets

• The move marks the first time the country's central bank has raised interest rates for 17 years.View the full article
    • The move marks the first time the country's central bank has raised interest rates for 17 years.View the full article
    • The firm has benefited from the AI boom, making it the third-most valuable company in the US.View the full article
    • Former billionaire Hui Ka Yan has been fined and banned from the financial market for life.View the full article
    • In terms of "why didn't I make a claim" - well, that has to be understood in the context of the long-standing legal battle and all its permuations with the shark. In essence there was a repo and probable fire sale of the leasehold property - which would have led to me initiating the complaint/ claim v SPF in summer 19. But there was no quick sale. And battle commenced and it ain't done yet 5y later. A potential sale morphed into trying to do a debt deal and then into a full blown battle heading to trial - based on the shark deliberately racking up costs just so the ceo can keep the property for himself.  Along the way they have launched claims in 4 different counties -v- me - trying to get a backdoor B. (Haven't yet succeeded) Simultaneously I got dragged into a contentious forfeiture claim and then into a lease extension debacle - both of which lasted 3y. (I have an association with the freeholders and handled all that legal stuff too) I had some (friend paid for) legal support to begin with.  But mostly I have handled every thing alone.  The sheer weight of all the different cases has been pretty overwhelming. And tedious.  I'm battling an aggressive financial shark that has investors giving them 00s of millions. They've employed teams of expensive lawyers and barristers. And also got juniors doing the boring menial tasks. And, of course, in text book style they've delayed issues on purpose and then sent 000's of docs to read at the 11th hour. Which I not only boringly did read,  but also simultaneously filed for ease of reference later - which has come in very handy in speeding up collating legal bundles and being able to find evidence quickly.  It's also how I found out the damning stuff I could use -v- them.  Bottom line - I haven't really had a moment to breath for 5y. I've had to write a statement recently. And asked a clinic for advice. One of the volunteers asked how I got into this situation.  Which prompted me to say it all started when I got bad advice from a broker. Which kick-started me in to thinking I really should look into making some kind of formal complaint -v- the broker.  Which is where I am now.  Extenuating circumstances as to why I'm complaining so late.  But hopefully still in time ??  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

The Power Of Nature.Wild Weather.Climate Change.

While certain people suggest poor folk eating cold beans in catering size cans to address the expense and shortage of burning gas and oil ..

WWW.EURONEWS.COM

The 204-megawatt solar park in the northern Greek town of Kozani was built by Greece's biggest oil refiner Hellenic Petroleum.

although The Middle East has most of the sunshine too .. :-(

Edited by tobyjugg2

You know what IS patriotic?

Loving your country enough to care for its old and poor, fund its institutions, unite its communities, feed, house and educate its children, restore and live in balance with its environment, plan with care for its future, build its alliances, and perhaps above all - tell it the truth

The Tory Legacy

Record high: taxes, immigration, excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Record low: living standards and investment

Crumbling Hospitals, schools, council services, businesses and roads

They squander taxpayer money by the £thousands on a failed ex-PMs luxury troughing on a plane, rather than feed UK children

oh .. and note

The 204-megawatt solar park in the northern Greek town of Kozani was built by Greece's biggest oil refiner Hellenic Petroleum.

Hellenic Petroleum is one of the largest oil companies in the Balkans but claims to be undergoing a transformation into clean energy. It has installed the largest solar park in Greece and also hints that it may add battery storage too.

Edited by tobyjugg2

Loving your country enough to care for its old and poor, fund its institutions, unite its communities, feed, house and educate its children, restore and live in balance with its environment, plan with care for its future, build its alliances, and perhaps above all - tell it the truth

The Tory Legacy

Record high: taxes, immigration, excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

They squander taxpayer money by the £thousands on a failed ex-PMs luxury troughing on a plane, rather than feed UK children

• 2 weeks later...

we are "firmly on track toward an unlivable world"

the latest report from the United Nations' Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change

In the wake of the latest report from the United Nations' Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change - which warned we are "firmly on track toward an unlivable world" if global greenhouse gas emissions don't peak by 2025 - barely a day has passed without protest. 

parts per million of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere on April 13, 2022

(Source: NOAA Global Monitoring Laboratory

The Tory Legacy

• 1 month later...

I wasn't sure which thread to put this one but there is a connection with climate change. George Monbiot is concerned about the food system worldwide.

WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Massive food producers hold too much power – and the regulators scarcely understand what is happening. Sound familiar, asks Guardian columnist...

Illegitimi non carborundum

We aren't hearing much about the aquifers which water the US corn belt being drained dry yet

We will.

WWW.THEATLANTIC.COM

Acute scarcity drives the search for water underground. But the West’s major aquifers are in trouble, too.
WWW.THEATLANTIC.COM

Acute scarcity drives the search for water underground. But the West’s major aquifers are in trouble, too.
WWW.THEATLANTIC.COM

NASA satellites are tracking the planet's underground fresh-water supply.

The floods are only where you dont want them ...

The Tory Legacy

This looks like a great project, organisations are co-operating to create a super nature reserve in Somerset.

WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Environmental organisations partner to create 15,000 acre protected wetland 70 years after creation of England’s first nature reserves

• I agree 1

15 hours ago, honeybee13 said:

The west seems to have sleepwalked into this one as well. I don't know a lot about desalination apart from it's expensive, but why aren't countries with coastlines looking at using that water?

and as tidal power and hydrogen generation as well as desalination where required (see below) too

.. With the way the fracking fraternity is coming back under Johnson the crim and crew; and the pollution that would cause in the UKs aquifers and rivers; if they bottle water at these plants it will be probably be more profitable (and far more necessary) than hydrocarbon oil and gas ... 

Lets not forget that solar, wind and wave power generation takes energy (heat) OUT of the system (our planet), wheras oil and 'natural gas' put heat and pollution into it

The Tory Legacy

Here comes the Sun ..

As predicted, the Suns energy output will be increasing all the way up to and through 2025 adding to the ongoing rapid ongoing increase in greenhouse gases despite lockdowns and gas/oil supply issues.

The sun seems to have woken up in early 2022 as it moves towards the peak of its solar cycle in 2025.

It has fired off numerous flares in recent weeks, including a few X-class ones.

The Tory Legacy

The former climate chief (who was involved in Indie Sage early on) has spoken about Sunak's new measures.

BYLINETIMES.COM

Sir David King told Adam Bienkov that the stealth tax cut would damage the fight for 'a manageable future for humanity'

• Thanks 1

I've been wondering whether to comment on this, as the 400 quid (or 1200 quid if you are a rich tory with three homes) is a bag of crap really even without the sting in the tail.

1. Its less than a third of the extra they are taking off an average household

2. Its short term

3. The extras thrown in (tax relief if they start drilling for oil in the north sea)

1+2. Speaks for itself even without all the cuts elsewhere. You get just a third back of what they have already been charging you and will be charging you. The prices still go up astronomically

What should have been done is exactly what France has done and limit the increase via the cap, with the costs born by the oil/gas companies

3 IS The big sting.

The companies to now have been throttled in drilling for more oil in the North sea as

a) Its destroying the climate

b) Its doubling down on a resource we can LITERALLY no longer afford in ANY way rather than forcing investment in renewables.

c) Look at the target of that investment - it wont help the UK soon or ever - its just sold abroad with profits mainly going abroad - sod all to help the UK energy supply.

NOW - Sunak is incentivizing the investment that everyone with a clue knows will do nothing at all positive for anyone but a fews profits.

He SHOULD be giving windfall tax relief on renewable energy project investments in the UK

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Investment in wind, wave and solar in the uk will invest in

Jobs, energy security, energy cost management and a cleaner planet, with skills exportable to the whole world.

Investment in oil wells in the North sea will invest in a few billionaires extra profits and a poisoned world

• I agree 1

The Tory Legacy

Here's a rather depressing article on what the big energy companies are contributing to the UK's fuel security. Maybe not as much as you might think.

WWW.THENEWEUROPEAN.CO.UK

The government is pushing the idea that energy security means more North Sea oil and gas. It’s a myth

Little more than the FA ..

Seems the reports I saw of shell etc querying no relief on green investments is perhaps more them trying to divert from the cretinous existing benefits on drilling and an attempt to get relief on green projects if those sort were forced on them

Could be wrong, but thats the way it seems so far on a slightly closer examination.

Just Sunak looking after the oil companies.

Should be keeping the cap lower to ensure their profits are limited , and taxing them to support green projects like solar, wind and tidal - as they aint doing it.

WWW.BELFASTTELEGRAPH.CO.UK

Oil giant Shell has questioned the Government’s decision not to allow its green investment to count towards the tax relief it will get from the new...

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

So anyone heard whether Alok Sharma has submitted a letter of no confidence and resigned his cabinet position?

.. given Sunaks uk TAXPAYER FUNDED tax relief for oil and gas drilling in the north sea while Sharma and the UK still hold the presidency of COP, and of course the demonstrably utter bollocks stated at COP in the name of the UK?

or perhaps he's just another conscience and moral free scummy self serving Johnsonite liar

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

“seems that rather than making fossil fuel companies pay their fair share, the public purse will actually be subsidising this climate wrecking investment to the tune of almost £6 billion. This is obscene.”

- Mark Ruskell, a member of the Scottish parliament

• I agree 1

The Tory Legacy

in light of the UK gov awarding oil/gas companies billions in UK taxpayer funded tax breaks on fossil fuel drilling ....

WWW.REUTERS.COM

Britain's regulator on Wednesday approved Shell's revised plan to develop a North Sea natural gas field as the government seeks to boost domestic...

"British business minister Kwasi Kwarteng said the Jackdaw gas field had received final regulatory approval after it was initially rejected on environmental grounds last October."

"the Jackdaw gas field which has the potential  (horseshit) to produce 6.5% of Britain's gas output. (not UK supply)"

"Rather than removing all naturally occurring CO2 from the gas offshore, some of it will be exported to the onshore St Fergus terminal where it will be further treated."

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

perhaps short term 'solution' which adds immensely to THE problem and which could only be considered as possibly valid as a short term 'solution' if it were defined as part of a clearly declared and funded long term plan

But it actually aint any of those. Its just money in Shells pocket seemingly to ensure donations and profits for the few and some to share holders.

Try and find clear let alone binding statements on how much of that 6%  of UK 'output' will be to alleviate pressure on the UK market, or be anything other than sold at best possible profit to anyone who will pay. (Those profits mostly going abroad)

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

• 2 weeks later...

and with Johnsons pals using UK taxpayer money to fund drilling in the north sea under reduced rules (the drilling was repeatedly refused under rules) -

Two satellites recorded images of methane plumes during one "ultraemission" event between Dec. 8 and Dec. 27, the report found.

Researchers led by Itziar Irakulis Loitxate from the Polytechnic University of Valencia calculated about 4,000 tons of methane were released during that time.

Over those 17 days, Pemex - as the company is known - emitted a quantity of methane equivalent to 3.37 million tons of carbon dioxide or 3% of the country's annual CO2 emissions.

WWW.REUTERS.COM

Mexican state oil company Petroleos Mexicanos released thousands of tons of methane gas into the atmosphere from an oil and gas platform in...

Edited by tobyjugg2
  • Sad 1

The Tory Legacy

So, anyone done the sums on how cost effective electric vehicles are now that household energy bills have increased far more than even the extortionate petrol/diesel increases? - let alone with another massive increase to come to households?

Talk about policies made for profit

The Tory Legacy

The sort of thing that only a year ago was being touted as effects beyond the turn of the century, are now projected as by 2050.

WWW.INDEPENDENT.CO.UK

‘Significant’ sea level rise now inevitable and impossible to protect every home, experts warn

The Tory Legacy

"When the temperature readings started to come through from Antarctic weather stations in early March, scientists at first thought there might have been some mistake. Temperatures, which should have been cooling rapidly as the south pole’s brief summer faded, were soaring – at the Vostok station, about 800 miles from the geographic south pole, thermometers recorded a massive 15C hotter than the previous all-time record"

"At the north pole, similarly unusual temperatures were also being recorded, astonishing for the time of year

when the Arctic should be slowly emerging from its winter deep freeze. The region was more than 3C warmer than its long-term average"

To induce a heatwave at one pole may be regarded as a warning; heatwaves at both poles at once start to look a lot like climate catastrophe.

- and its only spring in our Suns roughly 11 year cycle, and thats spring in an unusually low energy cycle.

WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

In March, the north and south poles had record temperatures. In May in Delhi, it hit 49C. Last week in Madrid, 40C. Experts say the worst effects...

WWW.PBS.ORG

More than 100 million Americans this week were under some sort of heat advisory, and were warned to stay indoors if possible. From Texas to...

The Tory Legacy

• 3 weeks later...

Record Profit(eering) at the literal expense of the UK taxpayer just like water comapanies, and just like water companies, still dumping their doodoo on everyone and everything because its cheaper - and because the Conpervative party allow it

WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

UK regulator gave oil firm clearance to drop thousands of tonnes of pipes and cables after drilling finished

The Tory Legacy

So WHEN are we going to even START taking the power out of these fossil fuel companies?

The UK needs to be leading the way to a hydrogen economy?

For a sensible achievable starter

* Start converting gas stations to hydrogen gas

* build some bulk water - hydrogen plants using any surplus from wind/solar to create green hydrogen gas from water

* Convert gas tankers (quite straight forward - mainly seal replacement) to carry hydrogen gas or natural gas

* Convert the tankers to run on hydrogen

Its a start that builds basic infrastructure which WILLdrive expansion and  reduces dependence on fossil fuels with a side effect of reducing Gas companies and producers power over us.

(a

The Tory Legacy