• Tweets

• Are these the important pages I need to upload ? 1.  pages 1-4 are court form 10a 2.  2 pages of the CCA agreement  3.  Default notice from NewDay, 22/02/20 4.   Lowell letter stating they own debt ,     Dated 16/11/20 5. Unheaded letter also dated 16/11/20 from NewDay saying they assigned “all of the respective rights etc,”  to Lowell on 23/10/20 I make this 9 relevant pages from what I can see   ( all other pages are statements/default notes and lots of FCA info sheets) just needing your confirmation in advance as I don’t want to send over pages that are not required thank you  UCM      
    • Just out of curiosity aesmith - are you a lawyer?
    • I spoke to a pro-bono entity this afternoon.  They advise I must initiate a claim in the court v the receiver if I want to then file an application for an order for sale.  I must have a claim/ proceedings to be able to force a sale. The judge in the current proceedings  has told me that I cannot force the lender to sell and the lender cannot interfere either.   If the receiver isn't acting correctly and isn't selling - this means I must make a claim against the receiver I could initiate a claim. Or much quicker  - the other entity - with a charge already - could use that to make an application for an order for sale.
    • Thanks Dave It's not too far away, about 8 or 9 miles, so I will probably venture over on my bike if I can't think of a good reason to drive there again! I'll have a chat with Mrs GB_Joe tomorrow and see which shops they visited, I know M&S was on the list (had to try on multiple sets of trousers!) and they are actually in that bit of retail park. The uniform shop is across the way in the Meridian Centre, so probably not helpful to get them involved.
    • As they have failed to deliver their original PCN you will need to send them an SAR where they should provide that PCN. It should show the address they used . If it is not your current one that would explain the non delivery. If it was correct then perhaps the Post office messed up. A more cynical view would be that UKPC didn't send it so that you couldn't claim the reduction. It appears that UKPC have been there for some time  but I have been unable to find any pictures of their Notices.The leisure park itself is pretty big so while some parts maybe give 5 hours free parking other parts may have restrictions like permits. I haven't been there for years -I went  to Nandos and the bowling centre . I am surprised that they are now infested with UKPC as the place is plenty big enough not to require their dubious services. If you live not to far away it would help if you could get some legible pictures of their signs. Be carful to park in an area that doesn't require a permit and take photos of the entrance signs, the five hour sign and the permit only sign as well as any other signs that are different from the previous signs. Also if their is a payment machine could you please photograph that.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

The Power Of Nature.Wild Weather.Climate Change.

I'm sure we've all seen the many horrifying reports of the 'real' climate report with temperatures now expected to hit 2.7-3 degrees of warming 'by 2070 - turn of century and the horrifying projections of the impact to climate ..

but what isnt made clear in that report is that even those are based on ALL the countries largely meeting much of their COP-OUT26 and Paris 'aspirations'  ... yet NONE of these countries actually have anything concrete in place or even actual plans in place to meet even the majority of these 'aspirations ..

Given the above, the worst case scenarios based on not meeting any of the 'aspirations' - should be considered the median NOT the worst case scenario

I still hold that 1.5 degrees of warming will be HERE in the 2024-2026 period (the next solar peak) and it is unlikely to fall below that again for more than a year or 2 at most during the next solar minimum AT BEST

Doubt that?

Largely - its already here with land only average temperature rise running @ 1.42°C (2.56°F) above average

(+1.69°C (+3.04°F) in the Northern Hemisphere land)

"Much of the globe experienced warmer-than-average conditions, with temperature departures of at least +3.0°C (+5.4°F) across large portions of the Northern Hemisphere land, specifically across parts of North America, Europe, and western and central Russia.

The North Pacific Ocean and parts of the Atlantic Ocean had temperatures that were at least 2.0°C (3.6°F) above average.

Record-warm June temperature departures were observed across parts of North America, the Atlantic Ocean, Africa, Asia, and northern South America. Record-warm June temperatures encompassed 4.18% of the world's surface. This was the sixth highest June percentage since records began in 1951.

The global land-only surface temperature for June 2021 was the highest on record at 1.42°C (2.56°F) above average.

This value surpassed the previous record set in 2019 by +0.11°C (+0.20°F).

The ten warmest June global land-only surface temperatures have occurred since 2010. The unusually warm June global land-only surface temperature was mainly driven by the very warm Northern Hemisphere land, which also had its highest June temperature departure at +1.69°C (+3.04°F). The now second highest June temperature for the Northern Hemisphere occurred in 2012 (+1.51°C / +2.72°F)."

WWW.NCDC.NOAA.GOV

an analysis of global temperatures and precipitation, placing the data into a historical perspective

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Record low: living standards and investment

Crumbling Hospitals, Schools, council services, businesses and roads

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

“This is specifically not allowed. Mr. Mansour used to be a Cabinet Minister in Egypt, he has given the Tories a huge amount of money, and immediately gets a knighthood.

That seems straightforwardly corrupt.  Shouldn’t they both be in jail?”

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FD2az9sXEAkyNMS?format=jpg&name=900x900

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

“This is specifically not allowed. Mr. Mansour used to be a Cabinet Minister in Egypt, he has given the Tories a huge amount of money, and immediately gets a knighthood.

It's tragic, isn't it? He'd probably have been better not going up there for a few hours but I'm sure he had his reasons/things to hide from.

As someone said, the British people aren't corrupt, just cerain peopl in power... The view at COP26 from other countries is that our PM is a lightweight.

Illegitimi non carborundum

2 hours ago, honeybee13 said:

It's tragic, isn't it? He'd probably have been better not going up there for a few hours but I'm sure he had his reasons/things to hide from.

As someone said, the British people aren't corrupt, just cerain peopl in power... The view at COP26 from other countries is that our PM is a lightweight.

Mixed feeling - seems to me undoubtedly 'Britain' as a function of the UK government is corrupt - albeit via the ruling party at the top with a few exceptions - we voted these corrupt  bast***s in and aren't throwing them out.

- 'via the ruling party as a group - MOST -  yes - they wholesale, with VERY few exceptions, corruptly (IMO) voted (or cop-out didnt vote down) to protect and empower corruption and alsovoted to leave UK children hungry while channeling £10s or £100s millions to their pals for faulty/useless PPE

Even some labour MP's apparently didn't vote leadsoms amendment down.

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

and another of Johnsons Tec-UK fantasies bites the dust (worse - they are apparently moving into dirty 'Blue hydrogen')

WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

British chemical giant to exit sector saying it is lagging too far behind rivals already making batteries at scale

The Tory Legacy

8 hours ago, honeybee13 said:

It was bad enough (awful in fact) when he stood there shoveling sleaze and lies in front of Parliament with the world looking in as outsiders,

Now he's taken his farcical pantomime onto center world stage

'We aren't corrupt, and I mean me of course' Johnson the corrupt liar declares

'Oh yes you are' call back the world delegates

'Behind you' hoot his backbenchers

The Tory Legacy

The Tories have received £1.5m from the energy industry since 2019.

WWW.MIRROR.CO.UK

Boris Johnson has been blasted for climate change hypocrisy over Tory party funding as Electoral Commission records shows donations stretching back...

Illegitimi non carborundum

Even the feather light limited 'aspirations' from COP-OUT26 are already being stepped back from

Especially by Poland, Indonesia and our new trade benefits to them partner Australia

Even the US/China 'deal' is largely smoke and mist (apt description)

The Tory Legacy

Biblical!

WWW.EURONEWS.COM

Three people have died and hundreds have been injured in the Nile Delta.

The Tory Legacy

• 1 month later...

also biblical, and despite caveats in the reports, the first stage of this is probable within the next 2-3 years

WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Cracks and fissures stoke fears of breakup that could lead to half-metre rise in global sea levels – or more

WWW.SCIENCE.ORG

Breakup of the Thwaites eastern shelf will ramp up sea level rise

The Tory Legacy

• 4 weeks later...

Despite

global lockdowns,

vastly reduced international travel,

and despite the Arctic barrier breakdown dumping huge amounts of Actic cold southward

"the seven hottest years ever recorded were, by a clear margin, the past seven"

CLIMATE.COPERNICUS.EU

CLIMATE.NASA.GOV

Earth’s global average surface temperature in 2020 tied with 2016 as the warmest year on record, according to an analysis by NASA.

WWW.DAILYMAIL.CO.UK

The finding by the European Union's Copernicus service satellite system follows a summer of extremes, with severe heatwaves in the...

The Tory Legacy

Despite COPout 26, and Given that greenhouse gasses continue to be released unabated, and seemingly sill increasing, this seems to nail it.

Dear ___,

Thank you for emailing me asking for a comment about 2021 being one of the hottest years in the record.

No, this is not surprising - it is exactly in line with predictions.

Here is a comment you can use for your story:

'Every year for the rest of your life will be one of the hottest in the record. This in turn means that 2021 will end up being among the coldest years of this century.

Enjoy it while it lasts.

I look forward to hearing from you next year.' "

- Andrew Dessler, Professor of Atmospheric Sciences and climate scientist at Texas A&M

The Tory Legacy

Water company profits, dividends and director bonuses and benefits must not be put at risk to prevent Water companies pouring sewage in British waterways

"Environment minister George Eustice said improving existing infrastructure will come at a cost from taxpayers."

WWW.THELONDONECONOMIC.COM

Over two billion litres of raw sewage were dumped in the River Thames over just two days, a report has revealed.

The Tory Legacy

WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Exclusive: Campaigners fight decision that United Utilities cannot face private legal action for outflows of sewage into canal

The Tory Legacy

• 3 weeks later...

Wanting to turn England's green and pleasant land into a polluted UTAH fracking well desert

WWW.INDEPENDENT.CO.UK

More than 30 Tory MPs and peers are calling for Boris Johnson to end the UK’s moratorium on shale gas mining.

The Tory Legacy

The above even more obnoxious give the Uks disastrous hosting of COP26, and

UN report on climate change to sound red alert

WWW.DAILYSABAH.COM

Nearly 200 nations kick off a virtual meeting Monday to finalize what promises to be a harrowing scientific overview of accelerating climate...

The Tory Legacy

Consider that only a few years ago sea level rise was being touted as just a few centimeters by the end of the century, and about 30 centimeters at worst

- and what I see indicates all these scenarios are in the order of 50% understated in the levels of sea rise that should be associated with them

Mountain ice is melting at many times the rate of polar ice - which will/is result/ing in floods and erosion  - then droughts and famine as it runs out

WWW.INDEPENDENT.CO.UK

Some 550,000 Americans live in properties at risk of being abandoned as floods drive down property values

Three sea level rise scenarios, developed by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) and localized for this analysis, are included:

• A high scenario that assumes a continued rise in global carbon emissions and an increasing loss of land ice; global average sea level is projected to rise about 2 feet by 2045 and about 6.5 feet by 2100.
  • An intermediate scenario that assumes global carbon emissions rise through the middle of the century then begin to decline, and ice sheets melt at rates in line with historical observations; global average sea level is projected to rise about 1 foot by 2035 and about 4 feet by 2100.
  • A low scenario that assumes nations successfully limit global warming to less than 2 degrees Celsius (the goal set by the Paris Climate Agreement) and ice loss is limited; global average sea level is projected to rise about 1.6 feet by 2100.

The Tory Legacy

in spite the pandemic vastly reducing travel - including flights (major produce of climate change gases)

parts per million of carbon dioxide (CO2) in the atmosphere 

(Source: NOAA Global Monitoring Laboratory

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

• 2 weeks later...

The Tory Legacy

A daunting prospect for the Amazon

The Amazon is losing its ability to recover from disturbances like droughts, scientists reported in a new study, adding to concerns that the rainforest is approaching a critical threshold beyond which much of it will be replaced by grassland, with vast consequences for global climate change.

Climate change, together with widespread deforestation and burning for agriculture and ranching, has taken a toll on the Amazon, making it warmer and drier. More than three-quarters of the untouched rainforest lost resiliency since 2000, the study found, and the loss was greatest in areas that were drier or closer to human activities like logging.

About 17 percent of the Amazon has been deforested over the past half-century. Losing the rainforest could add up to 90 billion tons of carbon dioxide to the atmosphere, the equivalent of several years’ worth of global emissions.

Quotable: We have to get to zero deforestation, zero forest degradation,” Carlos Nobre, a senior scientist at the National Institute of Amazonian Research, said. “We still have a chance to save the forest.”

In other climate news: The Biden administration proposed strict limits on emissions from buses, delivery vans and heavy trucks, the first time in 21 years that standards have been tightened for the biggest polluters on the road.

-NYT

The Tory Legacy

"Burning oil, gas and coal is causing warming and impacts we need to adapt to," she said. "And Russia sells these resources and uses the money to buy weapons. Other countries are dependent upon these fossil fuels, they don’t make themselves free of them.

This is a fossil fuel war. It’s clear we cannot continue to live this way, it will destroy our civilisation.”

The US government made $4billion last month from the sale of leases for wind farms along the New York and New Jersey coastline. Six other areas along the US coast will be auctioned by 2025.

China (which drove a rebound in global carbon emissions in 2021) is also investing heavily in renewables. The annual report from the Business Council for Sustainable Energy this week revealed that China spent more than $200 billion on clean energy projects in 2021 - double the US investment. 

In Europe, the influential International Energy Agency laid out a ten-point plan to wean off fossil fuels, and the European Commission quickly released a strategy to ramp-up renewables and quadruple targets for green hydrogen. "Let's dash into renewable energy at lightning speed," said Frans Timmermans, who is leading work on the European Green Deal.

"It's hard, bloody hard. But it's possible."

For a number of conservatives and oil execs, the moment has served as an opening to push for more oil and gas drilling  - embedding our reliance on a planet destroying and war generating LIMITED and dwindling resource

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Welsh solar farm exceeds expectations in powering Swansea hospital

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2022/mar/14/wales-solar-farm-brynwhillach-powers-swansea-hospital-morriston

“It was expected that over the winter months the solar farm would contribute electricity, but that the hospital would still need to continue to buy power from the grid every day.

“What has come as a pleasant surprise is that for a total of 50 hours, the hospital has been entirely powered by the solar farm.

“This is despite the fact that the solar farm hasn’t been operating continually over the winter. It has still been undergoing tests and fine-tuning, and is not due to be completely finished until the end of March. So this additional performance has been even more of a bonus.”

• Like 1

The Tory Legacy

and the criminal water companies profiteering

.. Lets take Severn Trent as an example - not the worst, not the best

They are pledging to so more ..

(deliberate link)

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2022/mar/14/severn-trent-and-anglian-water-pledge-to-do-more-to-protect-rivers

ie £100M a year to start to bring their leaky infrastructure up to date after decades of debt creation and neglect in order to give dividends and bonuses at ordinary peoples expense

which neglect has long caused them to literally leak doodoo into the waterways by the hundreds of thousands of liters

example:

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2021/dec/08/severn-water-fined-15m-for-sewage-discharges

So how much did they make last year from literally pouring their doodoo on us all?

Regulated Water and Waste Water: £452.1 million (profit)

https://www.severntrent.com/investors/results-reports-and-presentations/

So they are fined a tiny fraction of what they profiteer, and promise to spend upto less than a quarter of their profits to address the failures of decades.

I think every penny of that profit should be going back into the infrastructure they have neglected until its of a reasonable  standard

While they have made:

The Tory Legacy

WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Antarctic areas reach 40C above normal at same time as north pole regions hit 30C above usual levels

"The Associated Press reported that one weather station in Antarctica beat its all-time record by 15C, while another coastal station used to deep freezes at this time of year was 7C above freezing. In the Arctic, meanwhile, some parts were 50C warmer than average.

“They are opposite seasons. You don’t see the north and the south (poles) both melting at the same time,” said Walt Meier, a scientist at the National Snow and Ice Data Center in Boulder, Colorado."

even:

FOREXNEWSANALYSIS.COM

Startling heatwaves at both of Earth’s poles are causing alarm among climate scientists, who have warned the “unprecedented” events could...

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

• 3 weeks later...

Climate action must happen now

The latest Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) report makes it clear that the window to avert the most destructive and irreversible effects of climate change is rapidly closing . It is the third of three IPCC reports that assess the scientific basis of climate change, how bad it is and how to fix it. The report finds that:

• Governments are acting too slowly, held back by the lobbying efforts of fossil-fuel companies.
  • Greenhouse-gas emissions continue to rise.
  • Wealthy countries must lend a helping hand to the countries that contributed least to the problem but face the worst impacts.

The good news:

• We have the renewable-energy technologies we need to make the change — and they are getting cheaper.
  • It is possible to pull carbon pollution out of the atmosphere by expanding forests and improving agricultural practices.
  • The economic benefits of limiting warming — including improved health and reduced damages — exceed the cost of mitigation.

Nature | 6 min read
Go deeper with a detailed exploration of the report and its findings by Carbon Brief (94 min read)

Reference: IPCC Sixth Assessment Report: Mitigation of Climate Change

WWW.CARBONBRIEF.ORG

The latest IPCC report outlines how to tackle climate change, including reductions in fossil fuel use, energy efficiency, electrification, the rapid...

The Tory Legacy