• Tweets

• Thank you for your reply, DX! I was not under the impression that paying it off would remove it from my file. My file is already trashed so it would make very little difference to any credit score. I am not certain if I can claim compensation for a damaged credit score though. Or for them reporting incorrect information for over 10 years? The original debt has been reported since 2013 as an EE debt even though they had sold it in 2014. It appears to be a breach of the Data Protection Act 1998 Section 13 and this all should have come to a head when I paid the £69 in September 2022, or so I thought. The £69 was in addition to the original outstanding balance and not sent to a DCA. Even if I had paid the full balance demanded by the DCA back in 2014 then the £69 would still have been outstanding with EE. If it turns out I have no claim then so be it. Sometimes there's not always a claim if there's blame. The CRA's will not give any reason for not removing it. They simply say it is not their information and refer me to EE. More to the point EE had my updated details since 2022 yet failed to contact me. I have been present on the electoral roll since 2012 so was traceable and I think EE have been negligent in reporting an account as in payment arrangement when in fact it had been sold to a DCA. In my mind what should have happened was the account should have been defaulted before it was closed and sold to the DCA who would then have made a new entry on my credit file with the correct details. However, a further £69 of charges were applied AFTER it was sent to the DCA and it was left open on EE systems. The account was then being reported twice. Once with EE as open with a payment arrangement for the £69 balance which has continued since 2013 and once with the DCA who reported it as defaulted in 2014 and it subsequently dropped off and was written off by the DCA, LOWELL in 2021. I am quite happy for EE to place a closed account on my credit file, marked as satisfied. However, it is clear to me that them reporting an open account with payment arrangement when the balance is £0 and the original debt has been written off is incorrect? Am I wrong?
    • OMG! I Know! .... someone here with a chance to sue Highview for breach of GDPR with a very good chance of winning, I was excited reading it especially after all the work put in by site members and thinking he could hammer them for £££'s and then, the OP disappeared half way through. Although you never know the reason so all I can say is I hope the OP is alive and well regardless. I'd relish the chance to do them for that if they breached my GDPR.
    • The streaming giant also said it added 9.3 million subscribers in the first three months of the year.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

The Power Of Nature.Wild Weather.Climate Change.

Climate crisis: Ice sheets melting at ‘worst-case scenario’ rate

https://www.independent.co.uk/environment/climate-crisis-ice-sheets-melting-global-warming-greenland-antarctic-a9699921.html

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2020/08/200831112101.htm

Still less than I still predict as will become clear over the next 5 years

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Record low: living standards and investment

Crumbling Hospitals, Schools, council services, businesses and roads

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

“This is specifically not allowed. Mr. Mansour used to be a Cabinet Minister in Egypt, he has given the Tories a huge amount of money, and immediately gets a knighthood.

That seems straightforwardly corrupt.  Shouldn’t they both be in jail?”

• 4 weeks later...

another reason to despise grouse shooters in addition to their unjustifiable exemption to Covid restrictions

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/peat-burning-grouse-moor-fire-carbon-wet-bog-rspb-cpre-george-eustice-b723260.html

"Environmentalists have for many years condemned the practice of setting light to the ground, which is done to ensure grouse have new shoots of heather to eat before they are shot for sport.

But burning peatlands allows the carbon held inside the bogs to be released into the atmosphere, adding to the climate crisis. UK peatlands store more than 3,000 million tons of carbon, scientists say."

"At the start of this year, the government’s climate change advisory body, the Committee on Climate Change, called for a 2020 ban on burning.

But last month, The Guardian reported that activists believe the environment secretary, George Eustice was blocking moves to ban peat burning."

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

“This is specifically not allowed. Mr. Mansour used to be a Cabinet Minister in Egypt, he has given the Tories a huge amount of money, and immediately gets a knighthood.

Mixed feeling about this, but more positive than negative

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-saudi-aramco-strategy-insight/sole-survivor-saudi-aramco-doubles-down-on-oil-to-outlast-rivals-idUKKBN26R3P8?il=0

why more positive than negative?

They do seem to be one of the cleaner (relatively) producers of oil, and will hopefully help to put another nail in the coffin (or at least seriously curb) the vastly more dangerous to the world fracking and shale industries.

The Tory Legacy

Just a little reminder for the climate science deniers

In the suns approx 11 year cycle of output, expressed as a day, we are currently about 6AM in a day in January, having passed through the (relative) cool of the night in an exceptionally cool winter.

The Sun has begun to rise, although luckily, so far it seems its going to continue to be another exceptionally cool January winter day - Sunshine wise at least.

- but do expect further record breaking temperatures and exceptional amounts of energy in the weather driving storms and ...

- including massive amounts of cold air dumped from the Arctic - despite that the Arctic should be cooling and retaining 'cold' on a more normal 'day' in these low levels of sun output rather than warming far faster than everywhere else.

We'll be in the mid-day January Winter sun about 2024-2026

Lets hope Spring, let alone Summer (Sun output wise) is at least a few cycles off.

https://www.nasa.gov/feature/goddard/2020/what-will-solar-cycle-25-look-like-sun-prediction-model

The Tory Legacy

• 1 month later...

Boris Johnson picks pro-fracking Tory MP who has campaigned against wind farms as ‘climate change champion’

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/boris-johnson-climate-change-fracking-tory-b1721230.html

"A pro-fracking Tory MP who has campaigned against wind farms is Boris Johnson's new “climate change champion”, sparking fresh criticism of his record on green issues.

Anne-Marie Trevelyan has been handed the key role for next year’s crucial COP26 conference in Glasgow – billed as the world’s last chance to prevent catastrophic global heating."

I see embarrassing times ahead as host of the save the planet COP26

Particularly given:

UK ‘Will Take 700 Years’ To Reach Low-Carbon Heating Under Govt Plans

– 2007 UK Govt Promised: Wind Energy To Power Every Home By 2020

https://scotlandagainstspin.org/2020/10/uk-will-take-700-years-to-reach-low-carbon-heating-under-current-plan-the-guradian/

https://www.climatedepot.com/2020/10/08/uk-will-take-700-years-to-reach-low-carbon-heating-under-govt-plans-2007-uk-govt-promised-wind-energy-to-power-every-home-by-2020/

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2020/oct/08/uk-will-take-700-years-to-reach-low-carbon-heating-under-current-plans

The Tory Legacy

• 4 weeks later...

Latest Conservative figures

https://www.independent.co.uk/environment/climate-change/un-emissions-gap-report-covid-pandemic-climate-b1768008.html

This is massively conservative

We already know we are passing through 1.5 degrees of global warming, (end of the century projection just a few years ago) with the (expected low) next solar maximum 3-5 years away, and an unknown level of solar maximum just 11ish years after that.

3 degrees of warming is actually more in line with 2050 than 2100 even with somewhat conservative projections at our current 'output, let alone with the expected increases.

Some real world (IMO) Projections I see show 3 degrees of warming quite probable by the 2040's. With estimates beyond that almost impossible due to radical change of the Earths biosphere.

If Sol comes out of its slump (or methane co2 Nox and water vapour continues increasing at the current rates) - then three degrees of warming could easily occur by the solar max after this one in the second half of the 2030's

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jamiecartereurope/2020/05/12/the-sun-is-asleep-deep-solar-minimum-feared-as-2020-sees-record-setting-100-day-slump/

The Tory Legacy

• 1 month later...

Seems rather telling to me that covid vaccine producyion is at threat through climate change and flooding

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-health-coronavirus-britain-wockhardt/uk-emergency-services-trying-to-protect-astrazeneca-vaccine-factory-from-flooding-lbc-idUSKBN29Q0WT

while the UK authorises its first deep coal mine in 30 years in the run up to hosting cop26 climate summit

(credibility - what credibility)

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-cumbria-50274212

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

• 3 weeks later...

The Tory Legacy

• 4 weeks later...

Lots of apparently differing views on the effects of:

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2021/feb/25/atlantic-ocean-circulation-at-weakest-in-a-millennium-say-scientists

Https://www.euronews.com/living/2021/02/26/are-the-earth-s-shifting-magnetic-fields-causing-climate-change?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=en&utm_content=are-the-earth-s-shifting-magnetic-fields-causing-climate-change

Interesting take, and undoubtedly some significant effects, but along with a less well understood irradiating event around 10,000 years prior to the one referenced here (earlier one thought to be a supernova or other such stellar event) , I think this is at least as at home in the Atlantis thread as what drove a surface dwelling primate to often often very deeply underground.

The Tory Legacy

• 4 months later...

For those who are doubting

We've all seen the reports of extreme flooding events in Germany, following similar events in the UK

Add to that:

Russian (and other) permafrost is melting and exposed peat bogs are setting on fire releasing millions of tons of methane into the atmosphere accelerating the arctic melt and reducing the reflection of heat by ice as it vanishes

WWW.INDEPENDENT.CO.UK

Climate change is causing ice to melt, releasing large amounts of pent-up gas

WWW.JAGRANJOSH.COM

Most of these viruses are unlike any viruses that have been cataloged to date, as they have been remained frozen for thousands of years. The study

Extreme rainfall in China - A YEARS worth of rainfall in 3 days and that in an area with historically high average rain

BLOGS.AGU.ORG

The extraordinary, almost unbelievable, rainfall in Henan Province, China yesterday, in which over 200 mm fell in a one hour period.

Blistering record breaking heat in the UK dwarfed by extreme temperature in the mid west of America - temperatures normally only seen in death valley

EARTHOBSERVATORY.NASA.GOV

Skies have turned hazy in cities ranging from Boston to Washington, D.C., as smoke from fires in Canada poured into the U.S. Northeast.

The Amazon rainforest, the 'Lungs of the Earth' is now giving off more CO2 than it is absorbing

WONDERFULENGINEERING.COM

Advertisement Forests have always been a source of green and clean energy. They are responsible for keeping the environment clean and...

No green website reports - facts

Bloomberg and the UN in addition to NASA reports already linked:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-07-09/we-re-right-to-worry-about-nightmare-climate-scenarios

WWW.FRANCE24.COM

Climate change will fundamentally reshape life on Earth in the coming decades, even if humans can tame planet-warming greenhouse gas...

'End of century'  events are happening NOW

and its only about 9:15 in the morning in the suns cycle, in an abnormally cool (for the Sun) winter

and at least 2-3 years of Mid-day heat is only around 3 years away with even more acceleration in heating

What will the world be on the other side of that?

What will the world be if the Sun moves into a spring or summer cycle?

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

• 2 weeks later...

and linked to the melting ice

WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

A shutdown would have devastating global impacts and must not be allowed to happen, researchers say

WWW.NATURE.COM

Nature Climate Change - The Atlantic Meridional Overturning Circulation (AMOC) is currently strong, but transition to its weak mode could see...

• Sad 1

The Tory Legacy

Interesting articlem better than most,  but avoids simply saying that the shale oil and gas industry needs to end NOW

while cows need to be fed something that reduces the methane output as we are weaned off so much beef in or diet (and I love eating beef)

WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Exclusive: IPCC says gas, produced by farming, shale gas and oil extraction, playing ever-greater role in overheating planet

The Tory Legacy

Steve Baker of the ERG and CRG has started arguing about the cost of tackling climate change.

Bafflingly, the other day he tweeted:

'Keir Starmer's comments about #NetZero remind us that he's part of the policymaking elite who have decided to make us poorer and colder.

Politicians need to level with the public about the scale of change needed in our lives so we don't have another political fiasco like Brexit.'

Who are the policymaking elite Keir Starmer is supposed to be one of? AFAIK he's never been in a position to make policy, it's the Tories who've been in power for the last 11 years.

Illegitimi non carborundum

He needs to look at the costs associated with NOT addressing it.

We can stop all shale industry NOW with very minimal effect to the worlds finances if any - just a profit hit to a few

We can start to work on feeding OUR cows so they fart less

- Far harder in the US, South America and Australia - but not impossible apart frrom a total lack of will on their part - so dont buy them.

and Johnson, happy to pi** on legally binding international deals with our necessary, largest closets  trade partner, can actually do something decent with his lack of a damn for owt but himself, and maybe his offspring if pushed, and renege on this deal and work to overturn it: (and help leave somewhere for a legacy to be)

WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Secretive tribunals allow fossil fuel companies to sue governments for passing laws to protect environment

The Tory Legacy

Interesting article here on the arguments for and against the cost of 'net zero' and a mention for Steve Baker and his tweets last week.

WWW.BUSINESSGREEN.COM

The gathering campaign against the 'cost of net zero' is defined by straw men arguments, culture war tactics, and a fantastical refusal to engage with...

• I agree 1

Illegitimi non carborundum

• 2 weeks later...

Lets be quite clear

Blue Hydrogen is not in any way Green hydrogen or green energy, and supporting that industry with taxpayer money is a monstrosity

Green hydrogen is an entirely different matter and should be supported.

WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Low-carbon hydrogen economy could also create thousands of jobs

"last week a study by academics at Cornell and Stanford universities in the US, warned that blue hydrogen could be up to 20% worse for the climate than fossil gas owing to the emissions that escape during its production, multiplied by the amount of gas required to make the equivalent amount of energy from hydrogen."

As southern Water continues to pour sewage into UK waterways while paying shareholders and directors vast sums

WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Campaigners say Chichester harbour at risk of environmental ruin from dumping of raw sewage

"Data from Chichester Harbour Conservancy suggests that in 2020 the three works spilled untreated sewage into the harbour for 168 out of 365 days."

Johnson brings back the days when swimming off British beaches was swimming with turds

Edited by tobyjugg2
  • Sad 1

The Tory Legacy

• 3 weeks later...
WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Wastewater plants can apply to skip the third stage of sewage treatment because of a shortage of drivers to deliver the necessary chemicals

WWW.INDEPENDENT.CO.UK

Polluters told they can dump risky sewage into rivers due to Brexit

The Tory Legacy

yep, thousands and thousands of illegal dumps of sewage into British water last year while the water companies increase prices and increase directors and shareholders 'rewards'

- and what do the poopulists (even more valid name now) do?

- Give them a legal pass to do it more.

The Tory Legacy

WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Precipitation was so unexpected, scientists had no gauges to measure it, and is stark sign of climate crisis

The Tory Legacy

Just in case their is the slightest hint of a shred of UK credibility for cop26 after coal mines, oil wells, pouring sewage ino UK waterways etc etc etc

don't fret - Johnson has any potential hint of credibility covereded with the new trade minister

(as the Australia deal defined, we dont want pesky climate goals to get in the way of a really crap deal)

WWW.INDEPENDENT.CO.UK

‘We aren’t getting hotter’: Anne-Marie Trevelyan dismissed evidence of global warming

• Sad 1

The Tory Legacy

Anyone else see the irony in this?

WWW.INDEPENDENT.CO.UK

The impact is expected in the coming days

The Tory Legacy