• Tweets

• The NTK is pretty good at complying with the Act  as is the Notice to Driver so no help there. I seem to remember OPS getting hammered by a Judge [in brighton I think] so they seem to have tightened po their act since. The organ grinder is the MA and the monkey is OPS.
    • @jk2054 and @BankFodder - Your feedbacks in posts #199 and #202 have been incorporated into the attached WS. As usual, amends are in blue in this draft. Based on other WS drafts I've seen where the issues in dispute are part of the WS, I built my first draft WS in the same format and hadn't seen it to be an issue before. You will notice that the 'witness statement' has been replaced with 'Claimant's Statement' so that issues in dispute does not need to be on a separate page before the WS. This is especially given the work that has gone in to reduce the size of the WS to 8 pages. Also thanks for the suggestions re: confidentiality - I agree with your views and will stand firm on this if a condition of confidentiality is brought up. I have not been approached by Evri on this forum or by email. I haven't yet had success in paying the hearing fee. I am calling the court as often as I can (during work breaks/lunch etc.) and have sent 2 emails to the court requesting a call back. If i don't have any success by the end of this week, I'll send another email chasing for a call back. @BankFodder - Also attached is an invoice from Packlink which shows that I was charged by Packlink for these services: "drop-off at EVRi - Next day delivery" and "Proof of Delivery". It also has the payer's address and there are "Origin" and "Destination" fields which have the postcode of the sender and the recipient (I have redacted personal details in the attached invoice).  I am already including this in my evidence bundle (without the redaction) but wanted to share this redacted version so that other people can consider this as example in their bundle of Packlink and Evri's contract being instigated by the sender of the parcel who has paid for the service, and further shows that there is information in the invoice to identify that a third party beneficiary (sender / recipient) is present in the contract between Packlink and Evri. If this invoice is no good, then please let me know / delete it from this post. Draft - Witness Statement and Court Bundle redacted.pdf Packlink invoice - REDACTED.pdf
    • It can be frustrating when clients fail to pay for services or products rendered, ignore payment reminders, or claim an inability to pay. How quick do you pass to a Debt Collection Agency like www.corporatedebtrecovery.co.uk 
    • The Court s pretty informal. The Judge [who you call "Judge" rather than Sir or madam] will not be wearing a wig and gown just a suit and it is advisable that you do the same and a tie. Other than that the Judge will do most of the talking .If they haven't received a WS from the scrotes either the case will probably be thrown out straight away. Usually the Judge will ask their lawyer a number of questions then ask for your take on things and then the case will be decided.  UKPC 0 Mystic Bertie 5. Then ask for your expenses time off work [if not being paid by your company while in Court, travelling and parking costs and occasionally they will allow something like 5 hours research at I think £8 per hour. Later celebrate and post us the result and how much fun it was. You will wonder  why you worried about it so much. Next time will be much easier.🙂
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
        • Thanks
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

The Power Of Nature.Wild Weather.Climate Change.

On 05/01/2020 at 19:18, tobyjugg2 said:

Australia experienced its hottest and driest year ever in 2019, according to official data by the Bureau of Meterology 

The annual average temperature was 23.32C - which was 1.52C above the long-term average between 1961-1990.

Australia has seen its hottest year in 2019 with the average temperature reaching just above 23C

He also said this in relation to the fires as their seems to be a lot of rubbish being spread around on relating to temperatures in the country:

We have climate change fanatics mouthing off all the time about man-made global warming, causing the fires, a study which took place in this country revealed that Australia has been just as hot before this lot, according to measurements as far back as 1889 (fact), but then why would anybody mention this after all it conflicts with their fanatical preaching.

Huge forest fires have been common in the short history of Australia, some of the worst took place in 1938-1939, also in 2009 there were some horrendous fires. a Royal Commission was set up, which strongly recommended, that they should adopt the Aboriginals method, of burning brush to prevent future fires.

Of course like everything else there are always people who, that’s the same people who rabbit on about climate change, did not even want this to take place, so it was not put into practise, despite recent independent officials recommending it should take place. The state has allowed the accumulation of this under growth adding to the likely hood of more intense bushfires.

3 hours ago, buckthorn said:

From Melbourne Australia.

(my nephew family and his brother  lives their, I asked about the fires this is his answer)

This is probably the worst fires I have seen in all my time in Australia.

interesting that whatever the 'spark' - be it lightning, 50 degree temperatures or even some bright spark arse-onist,

... or all the above and more,

your nephew says:

" This is probably the worst fires I have seen in all my time in Australia. "

.... because the situation is as reported by the Australian organisations and scientists I quoted as well as organisations across the world,

and attributing even most of the blame; let alone all; to some arsonists - for record breaking dry spells and record breaking temperatures across not just a continent, but across the world, seems somewhat arsonistic in the extreme.

What are they lighting? Nuclear fusion matches?

Oh and my brother in law and my nephews and nieces say similar -  the worst fires, temperatures and dry spells they have ever seen.

although they certainly don't attribute the effects simply to some extra arsonists with jiffys

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Record low: living standards and investment

Crumbling Hospitals, Schools, council services, businesses and roads

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

“This is specifically not allowed. Mr. Mansour used to be a Cabinet Minister in Egypt, he has given the Tories a huge amount of money, and immediately gets a knighthood.

That seems straightforwardly corrupt.  Shouldn’t they both be in jail?”

Have family in Australia and been there many times.

Bush fires are a regular necessary feature of the ecosystem there.  Plants rely on  the fires releasing seeds from pods.  But they are particularly bad this time, as there has been a drought for a very long time.  I have been in a car driving through the countryside and seen bush fires blowing across the road. They tend to be small scale, but at the moment, they cover a huge amount of territory as there is so much dry material to catch fire. No significant rain is forecast until end of February at the earliest. 

Hopefully this is just a dry period they are going through and the climate will change again.  They tend to have 10 years of dry conditions, followed by 10 years with more rainfall.  If the climate has permanently changed due man made destruction of ecosystems by clearing land of trees etc, then I could see it becoming difficult to live in many area of the country. 

On a tour of Western Australia, the guide who was very knowledgeable about the environment, said that many bad decisions were made decades ago to clear trees and shrubs from land to make use for farming. But the land was now no good for farming, as removing the trees and shrubs made the soil very poor.  So no good for sowing crops or using for grazing animals.  

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Australian Bureau of Meteorology figures.

https://metro.co.uk/2020/01/10/maps-show-australias-temperatures-risen-last-100-years-12039524/

Sobering, and I know the deniers will go on about how Britain was a tropical rainforest once, but those were natural changes over millions of years, not a couple of hundred.  Nasa have an even more sobering infographic than the above, it's worth Googling.

Denying man made climate change is understandable, as the consequences are terrifying, and it's easier to deny it than make the radical changes we need.  However it is real and happening now.

• Like 1

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

More mainstream environmental groups have been added to the terrorist database. I find this scary - populists don't seem to believe in global warming and I think they're trying to close down debate.

How can Greenpeace et al be the same as neo-nazis?

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/jan/17/greenpeace-included-with-neo-nazis-on-uk-counter-terror-list

Illegitimi non carborundum

"teachers and officials around the country reported that they had been told, in briefings by the anti-radicalisation Prevent programme, to look out for people expressing support for XR and Greenpeace."

WHATTT!!!

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/prevent-strategy-2011

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

“This is specifically not allowed. Mr. Mansour used to be a Cabinet Minister in Egypt, he has given the Tories a huge amount of money, and immediately gets a knighthood.

Johnson and Smogg should be top of the prevent list, sitting on top of the DUP.

oooops - thats probably got me moved up the list.

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Here's the Nasa Link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4bSxb5THm4

Any denier should spend the next 37 seconds looking at the above video, it is chilling.  

Also for any deniers NASA = Experts with all the correct Data.  Some random denial poster on Twitter = Know nothing idiot.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Almost every measurement station along the US coastline recorded an acceleration in the pace of sea level rise last year, leading scientists to warn that some of the bleakest predictions for future flooding are increasingly likely.

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

• 4 weeks later...

A decade of record warming to come

Recent climate trends look set to continue.

A forecast based on more than 40 years of temperature records suggests there is a 75 per cent chance that every year until 2028 will be one of the 10 warmest on record

(Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society, doi.org/dk84).

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

• 2 months later...

and here it is in simple terms

The only two scientific views

We are in a deep solar minimum, or we are in a grand minimum

In the last one people were skating and holding fairs and bonfires on the Thames River

--- that is where we should be, not breaking high temperature records year after year

Lets just hope the Sun doesn't suddenly flip back to how it was back in the 70's.

https://www.newsweek.com/sun-deep-solar-minimum-unusually-quiet-1504795

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

• 2 weeks later...

I think if there is a benefit to the pandemic , it’s showing us what can be achieved rapidly in respect to improving the environment .

Just as well, the Met Office are ‘stunned’ how one of the wettest UK winters on record had turned into one of the driest springs. Absolute extremes, that simply isn’t normal for this country.

Afraid you aint seen nothing yet

The airline, car and petrol industries woes may well be to the natural worlds advantage, and the lockdown dramatically reducing the mountains of garbage we throw onto beauty spots and into rivers,

but it is as yet a tiny drop in the Ocean

by 2024/25 - without comprehensive, wholesale and long-term change and proactive cleanups, we are very likely to actually be AT the tipping point of major climatic change.

The last bump 12,000 years ago ended an epoch.

A few about 90-120,000 years ago drove modern humans to leave Africa, following others who had gone before.

Each of those largely occurred over hundreds or even thousands of years although there were clearly some dramatic VERY fast changes.

Between those about 74,000 years ago climatic changes triggered by a volcanic eruption (Toba) are believed to have devastated populations and driven hominids of all kinds across the world into bottlenecks and almost to extinction in a VERY short time frame. I have no idea how many people there were before, but you can bet that wars over remaining resources killed a lot leaving an estimated 10,000-50,000 across the world.

(Its what messes with identifying the out of africa timing)

The Tory Legacy

The Tory Legacy

Climate worst-case scenarios may not go far enough, cloud data shows

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2020/jun/13/climate-worst-case-scenarios-clouds-scientists-global-heating

"In a recent paper in the journal Nature, Palmer explains how the new Hadley Centre model that produced the 5+C figure on climate sensitivity was tested by assessing its accuracy in forecasting short-term weather. This testing technique had exposed flaws in previous models, but in the latest case, the results reinforced the estimates. “The results are not reassuring – they support the estimates,” he wrote. He is calling for other models to be tested in a similar way.

“It’s really important. The message to the government and public is, you have to take this high climate sensitivity seriously. [We] must get emissions down as quickly as we can,” he said.

The IPCC is expected to include the 5+C climate sensitivity figure in its next report on the range of possible outcomes."

so despite the small effect from the world wide lockdowns, we should still expect in the next handful of years effects which just a few years ago was being stated as 'end of the century' effects from human generated climate change.

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure about where you are, but here in my garden

30 degrees C in the shade in a part that hasnt had sun yet and has a building between the thermometer and the sun until late in the day

Peak so far of 42.9 degrees C in the sunshine on the concrete patio in direct sunlight - not quite peak sun yet

Greenhouse had hit 43.9  this morning about 10:30 when I opened the door and windows and left them open to stop everything from dying - even the spiders were hiding - gets the early sun.

Now 3/4ths in shade of a tree with door and windows open - 35 degrees C

Just under 16C low last night

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Just checked it in the patio suntrap hotspot in direct sunshine (which is of course 'artificially high) plus in the shade of a hefty pot shrub

43.1C in sunlight + 33.6C in the shade of the shrub

and thats in the open although a sheltered suntrap zone

.... and given we are in an extended solar minimum as detailed higher in the thread ..

The Tory Legacy

On 22/05/2020 at 20:52, tobyjugg2 said:

and here it is in simple terms

The only two scientific views

We are in a deep solar minimum, or we are in a grand minimum

In the last one people were skating and holding fairs and bonfires on the Thames River

--- that is where we should be, not breaking high temperature records year after year

Lets just hope the Sun doesn't suddenly flip back to how it was back in the 70's.

https://www.newsweek.com/sun-deep-solar-minimum-unusually-quiet-1504795

So this should frighten quite considerably

https://www.nasa.gov/feature/goddard/2020/new-sunspots-herald-increased-solar-activity-cycle-sdo

Still unclear whether this is a momentary effect or a return to extended higher output and all the ramifications to our climate

... which is already breaking records with only abnormally low Solar energy feeding it.

If it is a return to more sunspots and higher output, then we are ALL in VERY serious trouble

The Tory Legacy