NPM PCN claimform - overstay Un-adopted Rd entrance to old St Edmunds Hosp Northampton - *** Claim Struck Out+Costs***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1515 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

this crowd will turn up to a local court but probably not bother with a case if the defenant lived in Aberdeen for example.

AS Parking are the same, they pitch up and tell outrageous lies in manchester but wont travel further afield but that doesnt stop them issuing claims and hoping to play the odds.

as said repeatedly, they win 85% of the cases because the defendant doesnt bother, either just pays up or ignores and so gets a default judgement. They dont win even 5% of the claims that are defended properly ( not some pensioner saying it isnt fair, that is not a defence) and thus have to take a commercial decision on whether to keep pushing their luck.

If your local court was Aberdeen then they would either have to spend about £100 on train fare plus hotel just to lose or pay a local solicitor to turn up and thus lose £50-100 in costs so that is why most of them bottle out, risk v reward. If they just dropped claims they knew were iffy they would never issue a ticket in the first place but they go through the charade to try and encourage others to pay up or the word will get around that there is no need to take any notice of them.

After the Beavis decision  the number of court cases quadrupled becasue they no longer automatically lost every claim where schedule of loss was mentioned. Barry Beavis would likely have won if he had used planning permission as an argument. ironic as the final decision actually changed the law rather than clarified it and the judges DARED parliament to challenge them!

I live in Northampton and the Claimant are here too. If they represent themselves as they did the last time they had a case for this same location dismissed there will be no train fares. If they decide to use Gladstones Solicitors, and NPM stated they don't, but I know they have done in the past, they quote on their website the cost is £25 to 70 plus VAT. Don't know if that includes the return train fare from Cheshire.

we know where you live and we know where they are which is why i say they will self represent as they save themselves £100 in costs when they lose.

gladstones dotn turn up ever, they just hire a local gun for hire and them brief them badly about a day before the hearing.

All your last post shows is that you havent read enought about all of this yet so stuff your mind full of other cases.  and makse sure that you are now prining off anything you find that is remotely usable.

Go into court and ask about the previous hearings, claim number ( you have date from report) and so forth.

You can then bother the original defendant to see what EXACTLY their case was about, even small differences in the claim wording may make a difference and ask them what the judge actually said in summing up

.  They may not have a great recollection but the gist of it is better than nothing.

I have a large folder on my PC, backed up of course, with loads of information, including advice received on this forum and know everything about the case they lost.

It was only only a couple of months ago so all still fresh in everyones memory, but all documented in this case takes a long to get to court

. My knowledge is growing by the day so the longer it takes the better. If I had done my IAS appeal with what I know now, I might have even won that! 

no-one has ever won an IAS appeal without the matter being published in a national newspaper beforehand and the IPC/IAS "invited" to comment publicly in print.

other cases are very important,

judges love precedent as it means when they make a decision it is less ikely to be challenged.

there are compelling and persuasive cases,

most of the court reports at County Court are persuasive but on rare occasions someone challenges them.

Read all about Brodrick v Gale and Ainslie Ltd, Swindon CC to see what happens when someone thinks they dont like presuasive cases and want to appeal.

your job is to use places like the Parking Prankster's blog to dig up as many of those cases and you use the reports as you find them in the blog rather than just saying mine is the same as Parksharks v Smith because no judge will have read that case and it is YOUR evidence you you have to show the content.

now transcripts are available for some notable cases but just the screen shot of the pranksters blog is evidential enough as long as it identifies the case, where it was and the general precis of how the decision was reached.

His court reports are usually written up by lay reps who have years of experience ( retired solicitors for example)

you can never have to much evidence, just keep the WS tidy so it can be read and the rest of the stuff referred to easily.

In court you will soon find yourself answering things in a completely different order to how it is written down so you need to be able to find the reference quickly

Thanks.

This issue was reported in a local newspaper,

never got to a national one,

nothing changed afterwards,

until November 2018,

the Tesco landlord/site developer had one too many complaints and had to take action.

At the moment to IPC are doing a lot of tweeting saying how wonderful they are and how they are raising the bar.

A family member has been critically responding to some of their tweets and they didn't like this, so they have now blocked him!

One relevant tweet to this case, but he was blocked before he could comment it.

This read 

"Since its formation in 2012 the IPC has audited 6500 car par signs.

Car park signage can't be too clear in expressing contractual terms and conditions for parking on private land.

Unclear parking signage is unfair to the motorist".

Fully agree with that, but obviously something has gone wrong with the audits of NPM and in particular the signage in this location.

I am getting a nice portfolio of evidence for this case, which is growing by the day and I will reference as many relevant cases as possible.

I found a case on I think Parking Prankster that was quotes the case Parking Eye Vs Mr K. Swindon County Court (bad signage).

Would this be acceptable with just the name Mr K?

I did ask them for the surname, but got no response. 

You have already been told about how to present twice but  I will say it again.

You refer to it in your WS exactly like that and then use a screen dump of the article in your evidence bundle as document (whatever number you have given it)

It doesnt matter if it says Mrs X, the case number, court and date are there so the judge can look it up and see the entire thing if they so wish. you are showing that there is meat on the bone of your argument.

If you get the same judge as the reported case then you say it is the same alleged cause for action and same place so you want that to be considered as persuasive as well.

The parking co really shouldnt waste their time doing this but they have to look tough and be able to boast that they do take miscreant parkers to court to try and dissuade others from telling them to jog on

. they are nearly all small beer companies and desperately need your money to keep going so a decent costs order against them may well make them avoid court at all costs (pun intended)

You missed the point/question I was asking.

Would a Judge accept a Pranksters screen dump which does not have a surname, just Mr K and if there is only the court mentioned and no case number.

If it doesn't, how is he to know he case is genuine from being on a website? There is a lot of rubbish on the internet (fake news) as well as good!

I have all the details of the previous case that was dismissed and yes hopefully I will get the same Judge and he will remember the previous case.

yes

has done loads of times

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

for the fifth time that is why you put Mrs K, case ref  court and date in your WS and the whole article as an evidential document.

If the judge thought you were trying to invent a case summary they would then look up the full hearing details on their system

half of the case law in the UK doesnt have a name for the appellant or defendant and in the case of family court matters never does have

. It is the least important thing in the whole case, the law is what counts

No it wasn't Fake News. EB is correct, you can use a screendump as evidence in your bundle, as you could use a photocopy of a Report.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Good. Quoting a website called Parking PRANKster, with the slogan "putting fun back into parking" is hardly credible to those who are not in the know! Now Martin Lewis and MSE might be considered more credible, but sometimes I would trust PP more.

There was no distrust. Just a question requiring an answer and I think I have justified why I asked it.

I eventually got an answer and also confirmation that the case I had used as an example was genuine.

Now all understood and we can move on.

Subject closed. 

• 3 weeks later...

I received the N180 Directions Questionnaire, which I need to post by the weekend.

I am going to say no to mediation, because I have tried all that before and it failed.

The claimant has made it very clear that will only accept payment in full!

I will of course agree that the small claims track is appropriate and is to be heard in the local court to myself and the Claimant.

No to seek permission for using expert evidence.

I would like to have 1 other person giving evidence on my behalf at the hearing.

Someone who has been watching the operator closely for the last 16 months and has communicated with various people and organisations about them.

Would the court except 2 witnesses including myself?

I will give details a days I, and other witness cannot attend in the next 6 months and say no to a interpreter then sign.  

I would like to have 1 other person giving evidence on my behalf at the hearing. Someone who has been watching the operator closely for the last 16 months and has communicated with various people and organisations about them. Would the court except 2 witnesses including myself? 

Not a witness to the case...no involvement so no and not an expert witness as expert witness are not compatible with parking claims.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

on PPC court claims you always say no to mediation

don't forget 3 copies

and don't leave your sig/email/phone on their copy.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

On 22/05/2019 at 10:28, shamrocker said:

What evidence will the second witness bring that will assist your defence?

He has witnessed the parking company breaking various IPC codes of practice,

spoken to the Tesco store Manager and head office at length about complaints/breaches of COP's related to them,

he has taken photographic evidence for me at the site,

written complaints to Tesco,

which lead to their contract being suspended/cancelled

and to our local MP

and the IPC.

On 22/05/2019 at 12:46, dx100uk said:

on PPC court claims you always say no to mediation

don't forget 3 copies

and don't leave your sig/email/phone on their copy.

dx

3 Copies.

One to the court,

one to the Claimant

and one for myself, correct?

And yes I was going to cover up my email address and phone numbers on the Claimants copy, but will do the signature too.

After all they didn't even give a name on their Claim form!

Can this be emailed or does it need to be sent by post?

13 hours ago, Andyorch said:

I would like to have 1 other person giving evidence on my behalf at the hearing. Someone who has been watching the operator closely for the last 16 months and has communicated with various people and organisations about them. Would the court except 2 witnesses including myself? 

Not a witness to the case...no involvement so no and not an expert witness as expert witness are not compatible with parking claims.

Andy

Please see my reply to Shamrocker and do you still have the same opinion? 

4 minutes ago, parkingbill2018 said:

3 Copies. One to the court, one to the Claimant and one for myself, correct? And yes I was going to cover up my email address and phone numbers on the Claimants copy, but will do the signature too. After all they didn't even give a name on their Claim form! Can this be emailed or does it need to be sent by post?

and they