Re14796

Am I worrying about nothing

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 190 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Basically I failed to send a request for information for a customer and then got an email today reminded that the request for information is overdue and has to be in by the middle of next week. I sent it today to all departments, I apologised and asked them to send the information ASAP. If I fail to meet the deadline will my company get fined? it is to do with gdpr. A customer has requested all the information we hold

No, it is most unlikely that the company will be fined. On the other hand, if the data subject is in an aggressive mood about it then they will be quite justified in complaining to your company and also the information Commissioner.

Ideally I would suggest that you write to the customer and explained that there has been an oversight and that there may be a delay but all possible efforts are being made to satisfy the request on time or as soon as possible afterwards. However, I don't think you could properly send a letter like this without talking to your line manager and explaining the situation. I think from your point of view you need to be as open and as honest as possible with your line manager so that your mistake isn't "found out" later on and it looks as if you have been trying to cover it up.

Go and see your line manager immediately. Explain the situation. Put your hands up and suggest your line manager that an apologetic message is sent to the data subject and that your line manager then contacts the relevant departments within your organisation and asks them to prioritise the data search.

One important thing is that you have made a mistake and you don't want to compound it by having been seen to try and cover it up.

Go beg the other departments in person and I am sure you will get there on time.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

And what if your IT systems go down, or the internet connection, or the mail server?

I'd be very surprised if this request was as urgent as you've been told, there has to be some leeway.

Doesn't mean you won't get into trouble, it depends on whether your company is retarded enough to think that making examples of people helps to motivate staff.

And what if your IT systems go down, or the internet connection, or the mail server?

I'd be very surprised if this request was as urgent as you've been told, there has to be some leeway.

Doesn't mean you won't get into trouble, it depends on whether your company is retarded enough to think that making examples of people helps to motivate staff.

there is no leeway. The statutory duty is a fixed 30 days (previously 40 days) and there are strict rules which permits some exemptions in exceptional cases.

• Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

No registered users viewing this page.

• Have we helped you ...?

• Tweets

• Hi guys   Well the 12+2 are now up and nothing has appeared in my post box, will leave it until tomorrow eve because of the bank holidays etc but hopefully nothing arrives.   I assume now the next step if nothing arrives is too file my defence on Defence & Counterclaim form that is on MCO ?   If so is there a thread that will assist me in preparing this? have fully read the one below and several other threads but it alludes me.   Once again thank you for your time  
    • Somebody moved house last year and forgot to update their V5.   They have just received a demand for payment from DRP / ECP, who traced them to their new address.    The parking charge date was 12 Jan 2019.  The date of the demand was 11 April 2019.  No NTK was received.  BUT... this was likely sent to the old address, so there is no way of knowing whether this was delivered within the 14 day timeframe. (No windscreen ticket was issued).     I've researched here on CAG,  also on MSE, and I'm wondering whether the best course of action  is to:    1. Ignore it entirely 2. Request details of all mis-addressed correspondence from ECP, and attempt an appeal 3. Something else?   Also if this person took option 1, could it affect their credit rating (presuming it doesn't get taken to court)?    
    • Found email regarding meditation from scmreferrals@hmcts.gsi.gov.uk  in my spam folder sent on 3 April, thought I would receive letter send by post in this? Also had phone call last week I missed and discovered left a voicemail for me which made me check.   It states has to take place within 21 days of this email > is that including weekends or can it be counted as working days? So 21 days would give the date Thursday 2 May? Or is it out of reach now which I am worried about 21 days would be Wednesday 24 April.   Question 2 I cannot really say yes to anyways? As I have not received all documents from Lowell’s. Problem though is I have not sent 2nd request letter either :( 2. I can confirm that I have enough information about the claim to allow me to enter into negotiations and that I do not require any further evidence from the other party before I can mediate   Can I save this if I call them tomorrow? What should I do now so worried I would lose without a battle now and it’s just referred to county court and Lowell will stand strong?   Also I found old email from years back where Lowell offered 50 and 60% discounts on debt I feel so stupid now should I try settle with Lowell directly now instead to save it now? Or stand strong here I am not good with all this legal stuff.
    • Ok, thanks dx. When would be the best time to file it?
  • Our picks

• This is a bit of a lengthy one but I’ll summerise best as possible.

THIS IS HOW THE PHONECALL WENT 

I was contacted by future comms by phone, they stated that they could beat any phone contract I have , (I am a limited company but just myself that needs a business phone and I am the only worker) 
      I told future comms my deal, £110 per month with a phone and a virtual landline, they confirmed that they could beat that, £90 per month with a phone , virtual landline  they also confirmed they would pay Vodafone (previous provider) the termination fee. As I am in business, naturally I was open to making a deal. So we proceeded. 
      Future comms then revealed that the contract would be with PLAN.COM and the airtime would be provided by 02, I instantly told them that this would break the deal as I have poor 02 signal in the house where I live as my partner is on 02 and constantly complaining about bad signal
      the salesman assured me he would send a signal booster box out with the phone so I would have perfect signal.
      so far so good.....
      i then explained this is the only mobile phone I use for business and pleasure, so therefore I didn’t want any disconnection time in the slightest between the switchover from Vodafone to 02
      the salesman then confirmed that the existing phone would only be disconnected once the new phone was switched on.
      so far so good....
      • 14 replies
    • A shocking story of domestic and economic abuse compounded by @BarclaysUKHelp ‏ bank complicity – coming soon @A_Gentle_Woman. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/415737-a-shocking-story-of-domestic-and-economic-abuse-compounded-by-barclaysukhelp-%E2%80%8F-bank-complicity-%E2%80%93-coming-soon-a_gentle_woman/
      • 0 replies
    • The FSA has announced large fines against DB UK Bank Limited (trading as DB Mortgages) - DeutscheBank and also against Redstone for their unfair treatment of their customers.
      Please see the links below for summaries and full details from the FSA website.
      It is now completely clear that any arrears charges which exceed actual administrative costs are unfair and therefore unlawful.
      Furthemore, irresponsible lending practices are also unfair and unlawful.
      Additionally there are other unfair practices including unarranged counsellor visits - even if they have been attempted.
      You are entitled to refuse counsellor visits and not incur any charges.
      Any charges for counsellor visits must not seek to make profits. The cost of the visits must be passed on to you at cost price.
      We are hearing stories of people being charged for counsellor visits for which there is no evidence that they were even attempted.
      It is clear that some mortgage lenders are trying to cheat you out of your money.
      You should ascertain how much has been taken from you and claim it back. The chances of winning are better than 90%. It is highly likely that the lender will attempt to avoid court action and offer you back your money.
      However, you should ensure that you receive a proper rate of interest and this means that you should be seeking at least restitutionary damages - which would be much higher than the statutory 8%.
      Furthermore, you should assess whether the paying of demands for unlawful excessive charges has also out you further into arrears and if this has caused you further penalties in terms of extra interest or any other prejudice. This should be claimed as well.
      If excessive unlawful charges have resulted in your credit file being affected, then you should take this into account also when working out exactly what you want by way of remedy from the lender.
      You should consult others on these forums when considering any offer.
      You must not make any complaint through the Ombudsman. your time will be wasted, you will wait up to 2 yrs and there will be a minimal 8% award of interest and no account will be taken of any other damage you have suffered.
      You must make your complaint through the County Court for a rapid and effective remedy.

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Library/Communication/PR/2010/120.shtml
      http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/final/redstone.pdf
      http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/final/db_uk.pdf

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/consumerinformation/firmnews/2011/db_mortgages.shtml
      Do you have a mortage arears claim to make? Then post your story on the forum here
      • 0 replies
    • 30 Day Right To Reject - Vehicle Casualty Report. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/415585-30-day-right-to-reject-vehicle-casualty-report/
      • 57 replies