confusedbunny

Queries with UC & Pregnancy

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 312 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Dear Caggers

I was hoping i can get help with a few questions.

I am currently recieving UC, support group (due to medical reasons), its due to end on or after January 2019

I am pregnant (due end of January 2019) but havent informed the DWP yet as i am unsure when i have to.

Here are my queries:

1. As i am currently recieving UC (support group-not obliged to search for work), when i inform them i a pregnant, will i be automatically be moved to income support? Is there a disability element attached to this, same as UC? Would i have to have another medical apain

2.If i am moved to income support, am i not obliged to look for work for 5 years? (Regardless if i have a disability or not)

3. There is conflicting information online regarding the timeline to inform the DWP of my pregnancy, is it 11 week before my due date? If i inform them at a later date (just before the birth due end of January 2019) will i be sanctioned?

I suffer from severe anxiety and do not cope well with change, hence why i am asking all the questions and dread to think i have to go through another medical.

You can't claim income support once on UC, so you stay on UC.

Nothing really changes on your claim as you are in no work related requirements at the moment.

You tell UC when you are within 11 weeks of the due date and send them a copy of the MatB1 form.

When the baby is born, once you have the birth certificate, you report this on your UC online claim, report a change, people who live with you. To avoid any delay in receiving extra child element money, you provide a copy of birth certicate to nearest Job Centre who will verify it.

At some point when the LCWRA is due to be reviewed, you will receive a letter in your journal saying that a health assessment will be required. This is to assess the condiion(s) that gave you this entitlement previously, to see whether you still qualify. The birth of baby makes no difference.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

You can't claim income support once on UC, so you stay on UC.

Nothing really changes on your claim as you are in no work related requirements at the moment.

You tell UC when you are within 11 weeks of the due date and send them a copy of the MatB1 form.

When the baby is born, once you have the birth certificate, you report this on your UC online claim, report a change, people who live with you. To avoid any delay in receiving extra child element money, you provide a copy of birth certicate to nearest Job Centre who will verify it.

At some point when the LCWRA is due to be reviewed, you will receive a letter in your journal saying that a health assessment will be required. This is to assess the condiion(s) that gave you this entitlement previously, to see whether you still qualify. The birth of baby makes no difference.

Thank you for clarification

Do you mean i can inform them anytime from 11 weeks before my due date until the birth/due date? Or is my deadline date on 11 weeks before due date?

When they review my entitlement, if i fail the medical, will i be told to look for work or am i exempt until the child is aged 5 and in full-time nursery?

Would i qualify for the additional 'child element', as its my first child? However, it states born 'before' April 2017, which obviously doesnt apply to me but i cant see an element for born 'after' April 2017, or do i only qualify for child benefit?

https://www.entitledto.co.uk/help/Universal-Credit-Rates

Thank you for clarification

Do you mean i can inform them anytime from 11 weeks before my due date until the birth/due date? Or is my deadline date on 11 weeks before due date?

When they review my entitlement, if i fail the medical, will i be told to look for work or am i exempt until the child is aged 5 and in full-time nursery?

You just send a copy of the MatB1 form in onnce you have it, which will confirm the expected birth date.

In regard to the child element, when you add your child to UC, you will get the extra £231 added to the claim, but only after the Job Centre have seen and verified the birth certificate. UC can verify through child benefit system, but if there is a delay with child benefit, then it can delay matters.

Suggest you stop stressing out, as it is no good for you or the baby,

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread