Evicted for being sexually abused by husband

mjr001
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1995 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My daughter got married approx 8 months ago, she a year previous started renting a house through an estate agents with her then to be husband.

She got married but not long after he started to go to the booze then started sexually abusing her. Eventually after weeks of abuse my daughter kicked him out. She kept quiet to myself and my wife but one day approx 4 weeks after she kicked him out mentioned it to my wife what he had been doing.

My wife told me and i straight away went to the police. He was arrested and interviewed then a long process by the police of interviewing family, his and ours, confiscating mobile phones for evidence etc.

During this time my daughter told him she never wanted him back and he then went into the estate agents and took his name off the tenancy.

My daughter was then issued with an eviction notice from the estate agents. She has continued to pay the rent with the help of DHS and has never been late paying the rent

She has been to the council and they have told her that if she moves out she will be making herself homeless and will not help her finding a property.

This was 3 months ago and the final date on the estate agents eviction notice has passed and she went into pay her rent as normal and was told they are now seeking a court order to evict her.

Can she be evicted for doing nothing wrong ? she has kept the house immaculate, paid the rent without fail and was the victim of an abusive husband who took his name off the tenancy. Where would she stand when this goes to court, she has 2 young children and is petrified she will be on the streets for xmas.

If they have issued her with a section 21 eviction notice, Then they do not need a reason to evict her

Did she pay a deposit, It it in one of the prescribed deposit schemes ? Does she have an up to date gas safety certificate ? If not then the section 21 would be invalid

If she doesn't leave by the time stated on the section 21, Then they will have to take her to court for possession and if she doesn't leave by the date the court gives, They will have to instruct bailiffs to remove her, That could all take months

If she leaves before then, Then the council will just say she has made herself intentionally homeless, Once the bailiffs have removed her, Then the council will have a duty of care to help her

They issued her with a section 21 and that expired on the 4th of this month.

She went into pay the rent on the 5th and they told her they were seeking a court order.

She did pay a deposit in a prescribed deposit scheme, does she have to have the gas certificate or the estate agent ?

Contact Refuge https://www.refuge.org.uk/our-work/

They don't only provide places for abused people to go to, they will also provide you with advice as to how to handle the situation and maybe give you some legal help.

Contact them immediately.

Also you should write to the estate agents and inform them of the entire situation so that they are fully on notice. Who are the estate agents? Let them know that if they proceed with this eviction proceedings then they will be considered to have been complicit in the abuse and that you will certainly be contacting various media organisations as well as social media and you will be informing the courts.

They issued her with a section 21 and that expired on the 4th of this month. She went into pay the rent on the 5th and they told her they were seeking a court order.

She did pay a deposit in a prescribed deposit scheme, does she have to have the gas certificate or the estate agent ?

She should have a copy of it

She should have a copy of it

will find out off her.

I have written a letter as you suggested with the full details of whats happened to her and said it will be brought up in court, social media and media sources. Dont think it will make much difference though but worth a try