• Tweets

• well done marked as won.   please consider a donation to keep us here   dx  
    • Now their signage is generic so it begs the question does this car park consist entirely of marked bays and if so how does one distinguish what are the defined markings? Their signage offers nothing to help you determine even if the marked bays additional terms apply to this car park and you would have thought that they would want people to be aware of what they are being offered because if they arent it isnt a contractual obligation.   My view on this is that they are trying to chisel motorists for money as they dont earn enough from the acrual parking management and like all of these companies greed overrides their obligations in their activities. Now this means they will be like a dog with a bone and wont want to let go so expect to fight this all of the way. As you have an advantange of gathering soem information before they send the NTK you are in a better position than many so whe you do get the letter please show us it with  your personal details redacted as they will have to show waht evidence they have of this alleged breach in that NTK. Some compnies refer youto a web site to view their evidence- not good enough, the POFA says they have to show it in the letter. Also the wording of the NTK has to contain key phrases to create a liability and often they get that wrong so keep sitting on your hands until they send the letter.
    • This is to put a closure on this thread, and I hope that it helps anyone unfortunate enough to have had any dealings with Gregory Pennington.   As you can see from my postings I have been trying to reclaim PPI from these guys, but to no avail.   My problem was in identifying the actual underwriters, I tried chasing Direct Group and a couple of others connected with this particular insurance group without any success. The answer was right in front of me.   Luckily I had managed to find the original monthly statements from GP, or at least most of them. And there was the name of Sterling Insurance. Once again I sent off my spreadsheet plus my claim   in reply received a letter from COVEA INSURANCE. It was the standard " we're sorry you're not happy etc " reply and promising an investigation. That was on 14 Feb',   on the 17 April they sent me a cheque which was for about 60% of my claim and a letter explaining their decision part of which states...…...……….   " Whilst COVEA INSURANCE plc ( formerly STERLING INSURANCE GROUP LIMITED ) was the underwriter of your insurance policy, we had no involvement in the selling of it. The finance was arranged by Gregory Pennington who also arranged the sale of the policy.   We have been attempting to address your complaint with Think Money and obtain the point of sale documents to investigate your issues further, however, we have struggled to get the information, and consequently we have decided to accept your complaint, and on an ex-gratia basis refund the premiums with interest. "   So that's it my friends, Another door closed. I hope that this proves helpful...……….If you've had dealings with GP the chances are that it was STIRLING INSURANCE who underwrote the policy. Here is the address that I wrote to initially.   Stirling Insurance Group 50 Kings Hill Avenue Kings Hill West Malling Kent ME19 4JX.
    • N245 time did you not do that? or cant afford the fee?  
  • Our picks

• Future Comms issues. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/416504-future-comms-issues/
      • 3 replies
    • This is a bit of a lengthy one but I’ll summerise best as possible.

THIS IS HOW THE PHONECALL WENT 

I was contacted by future comms by phone, they stated that they could beat any phone contract I have , (I am a limited company but just myself that needs a business phone and I am the only worker) 
      I told future comms my deal, £110 per month with a phone and a virtual landline, they confirmed that they could beat that, £90 per month with a phone , virtual landline  they also confirmed they would pay Vodafone (previous provider) the termination fee. As I am in business, naturally I was open to making a deal. So we proceeded. 
      Future comms then revealed that the contract would be with PLAN.COM and the airtime would be provided by 02, I instantly told them that this would break the deal as I have poor 02 signal in the house where I live as my partner is on 02 and constantly complaining about bad signal
      the salesman assured me he would send a signal booster box out with the phone so I would have perfect signal.
      so far so good.....
      i then explained this is the only mobile phone I use for business and pleasure, so therefore I didn’t want any disconnection time in the slightest between the switchover from Vodafone to 02
      the salesman then confirmed that the existing phone would only be disconnected once the new phone was switched on.
      so far so good....
      • 14 replies
    • A shocking story of domestic and economic abuse compounded by @BarclaysUKHelp ‏ bank complicity – coming soon @A_Gentle_Woman. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/415737-a-shocking-story-of-domestic-and-economic-abuse-compounded-by-barclaysukhelp-%E2%80%8F-bank-complicity-%E2%80%93-coming-soon-a_gentle_woman/
      • 0 replies
    • The FSA has announced large fines against DB UK Bank Limited (trading as DB Mortgages) - DeutscheBank and also against Redstone for their unfair treatment of their customers.
      Please see the links below for summaries and full details from the FSA website.
      It is now completely clear that any arrears charges which exceed actual administrative costs are unfair and therefore unlawful.
      Furthemore, irresponsible lending practices are also unfair and unlawful.
      Additionally there are other unfair practices including unarranged counsellor visits - even if they have been attempted.
      You are entitled to refuse counsellor visits and not incur any charges.
      Any charges for counsellor visits must not seek to make profits. The cost of the visits must be passed on to you at cost price.
      We are hearing stories of people being charged for counsellor visits for which there is no evidence that they were even attempted.
      It is clear that some mortgage lenders are trying to cheat you out of your money.
      You should ascertain how much has been taken from you and claim it back. The chances of winning are better than 90%. It is highly likely that the lender will attempt to avoid court action and offer you back your money.
      However, you should ensure that you receive a proper rate of interest and this means that you should be seeking at least restitutionary damages - which would be much higher than the statutory 8%.
      Furthermore, you should assess whether the paying of demands for unlawful excessive charges has also out you further into arrears and if this has caused you further penalties in terms of extra interest or any other prejudice. This should be claimed as well.
      If excessive unlawful charges have resulted in your credit file being affected, then you should take this into account also when working out exactly what you want by way of remedy from the lender.
      You should consult others on these forums when considering any offer.
      You must not make any complaint through the Ombudsman. your time will be wasted, you will wait up to 2 yrs and there will be a minimal 8% award of interest and no account will be taken of any other damage you have suffered.
      You must make your complaint through the County Court for a rapid and effective remedy.

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Library/Communication/PR/2010/120.shtml
      http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/final/redstone.pdf
      http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/final/db_uk.pdf

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/consumerinformation/firmnews/2011/db_mortgages.shtml
      Do you have a mortage arears claim to make? Then post your story on the forum here
      • 0 replies
Emma13

Old 2007 LLoyds loan..been paying Apex, now Robbersway want paying as well!!

29 minutes ago, dx100uk said:

Scan it up to pdf read upload

no PDF please had to remove those as you've left identifiable barcodes etc showing.

read upload 

ONE multipage PDFonly please 

then attach that by clicking choose files below the box

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

Sorry about that. Is this better?

Presentation.pdf

yep that all looks ok to me.

see if they get their fake/tame solicitor to send you a letter of claim under PAP rules before you go jumping into being fleeced again

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Ok....so just to clarify....I just sit and wait for now?

Thank you for your help in this 😊

21 hours ago, Emma13 said:

I've re-read back through the replies I've had on this thread and can see I was told to offer £1 But I'm really worried they will still can me.

Offering a token payment won't necessarily stop a money claim against you unless the creditor agrees. A judge won't penalise the creditor for rejecting the offer either, particularly if you can afford to pay more.

On 3/2/2019 at 5:42 PM, dx100uk said:

see if they get their fake/tame solicitor to send you a letter of claim under PAP rules before you go jumping into being fleeced again

Can I clarify what the letter of claim is please?

If i wait to see if this happens does that not open me up to ccj proceedings? 

Thank you

Thank you. Does what they have sent (as attached) not equate to this? Cca request honoured with letter giving 30 days?

Nothing in your upload resembles what I have posted in the link.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

No read post 29

Ok so now I have received a letter telling me the debt has been passed to CSL! So maybe RW didn't own it before 🤔

from whom?

dx

17 minutes ago, dx100uk said:

from whom?

dx

2 letters in the same envelope....1 from Lloyds and 1 from CSL

you mean notice of assignments?

dx

11 minutes ago, dx100uk said:

you mean notice of assignments?

dx

Yes. 

Lloyds letter saying they've transferred debt to dca

CSL letter is notice of instruction

who do csl state is their client?

Lloyds banking group. 

1st line says '.....have been instructed to collect the o/s debt owed to Lloyds banking group'

There is a footnote at the bottom too saying our client has registered my default with CRA...1st I've heard about this.

Ignoree them

Please fill in your quit date here