IF question

glasmale26

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5538 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, I am about to embark on the fight with Intelligent Finance, my question is this, with them being a Scottish based bank does anything different apply? Secondly, as they are an affiliate of Halifax, does that make a difference? All in all,

Where should I send my first letter? Livingston or Halifax?

Shoudl I try simply phoning to begin with and letting them know my plans? or just send the statement request?

Should I stick to templated letters of write my own one?

Many thanks for any help you can give me

steven

I've sent my letters so far to the Livingstone address, but when it gets to the small claims stage then I'll use the Halifax. I already had the copies of my statements, but I'd have thought it would be better just to send the standard data protection letter first. As far as phoning and writing your own letters are concerned, unless you are pretty conversant with the relevant points of law,etc. I'd be inclined to just use the standard templates on this site (I know I'd be guaranteed to say the wrong thing!).

Good luck with your claim! I've just rejected a 25% settlement offer from IF, so we'll see what happens next.