BankFodder BankFodder

JoeyJoeC

Euro Car Parks - Sainsbury's - Golders Green (ANPR) - 614 Finchley Road, Golders Green, London, NW11 7RX

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 238 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

They have 6 yrs

write with new address

and to anyone one your credit file too even if they debt does not show but you last paid within 6yrs

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

write to the company and tell them your new address and explain you are doing this becuse you know they like to try and sneak in a CCJ once they find out people have moved and this is why the law is changing soon. As they dont stand a chance of ever winning a court fight you dont expect them to need the information of course.

Right so today received a letter from Dept Recovery Plus Ltd with a demand for £130. I know I should ignore this etc, I won't ever pay unless a court told me I need to which isn't going to happen.

They sent the letter to my new address and in the letter said they traced me to this new address since I didn't reply to the last letter they sent (I'm 100% sure that no letter had been delivered to my registered address). 

Anyway, I'm interested in going down the route that as the registered keeper, I did not give DR+ permission to hold my personal data, and it would seem a credit company has also given out my personal information. Is there any point putting in effort to make a complaint against them and exercise my right for them to erase my data under GDRP laws?

Or just ignore outright?

no as they've not done anything wrong.

did you write to ECP and tell them your new address as asked?
and the rest of post 78?

2 minutes ago, dx100uk said:

no as they've not done anything wrong.

did you write to ECP and tell them your new address as asked?
and the rest of post 78?

I haven't wrote to ECP with my new address yet. I still have access to my old address for the time being. I've not received anything at my old address.  

Would it do any harm to write to DRP and request erasure of my personal data? No permission was ever given for them to hold my personal data. 

Thanks. 

tas I said they have permission under their CCL .they've done nothing wrong.

can see why you are intent on hiding....

get all of post 78 done

else before you know it you'll have backdoor CCJ's landing on the old doormat.

Yes will do. Not trying to hide from anything..? 

Thanks

Thanks, letter printed.

Should I also need to do one for DRP? 

nope only the ppc.

and the owners of any old debts on your credit file or those that are not super old since last payment...i'd go with about 7-8yrs

don't forget that even if the debt might be statute barred in your eyes, a speculative claim to an old address never gets anything checked nor gets seen by any human.

you NEVER write to any dca, thta is clear in any of the 100000 posts about them in the debt section and in every post here where they are mentioned. You are not new to this so please pay more attention to the bigger picture

I couldn't find any posts about writing to DCA with a change of address so I wasn't sure. In fact I did find posts on other sites saying that you should.

Just wanted to be clear. 

do not confuse a debt owner such as those companies that buy debts from banks etc and a dca, who are employed to write scary letters to people in the hope that the recipient belive they have powers like debt buyers or bailiffs.

occasionally you may come across posts about parking co's assigning debts to other companies but so far every one of thse has been found to be unenforceable at best and crooked on average.

Just a courtesy update.

Had letters from 3 separate debt collectors which promptly go to the shredder. The last was a few weeks ago. 

you should never shred anything unless you scan and keep a record of it.

you never know when within 6yrs if things will ever comeback and bite you.

did you action post 78?

Yes, but no reply from them. Didn't get proof of postage though. I have access to the old address and will know if anything turns up. 

Can't see any reason to keep a DCA letter going by post 87. These are not debt owners and are only there to write scary letters. 

Edited by JoeyJoeC

doesn't matter 

did you also deal with all your creditors too in post 78 ?

or are you gambling you'll always get letters quickly from there?

All my creditors? What creditors? I don't get any other post there. 

Yes, I find out the same day if my post is there, my parents live there and I work nearby. I'm there at least 3 or 4 times a week, more if something arrives. 

good if you've no historic debt on your credit file that's ok

Nothing on credit file. Had some old debts from over 7 years ago that no longer show.