Smart Parking ANPR PCN - 35 mins - Havens Bank Retail Park, Exeter

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1871 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all!

I have received a parking charge

- I had no idea I need to pay there, as it is a retail park and those are usually don't charge for parking

- I am never shopping there again, that's for sure!

We have been in the shop for about 35 min. And now they are asking for £54 or £90 if I don't pay by 14th October!

PCN's received through the post [ANPR camera capture]

1 Date of the infringement 22/09/2018

2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date] Date on the letter 01/10/2018

3 Date received - I don't know, hubby opened it and chucked the envelope out

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [y/n?] No

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? Yes, on entry and on exit of the car park

6 Have you appealed? {y/n?] post up your appeal] No

Have you had a response? [Y/N?] post it up No

7 Who is the parking company? Smart Parking Ltd

8. Where exactly [carpark name and town] Havens Bank Retail Park, Exeter

For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under. I think it says to send appeal back to them, and if they reject, then POPLA is available - independent Adjudication service

Any help is greatly appreciated

Edited by dx100uk
format

ah the old not so smart parking lot

plenty of threads here to follow

I've moved your thread to the correct forum and slightly retitled [park spelling was wrong no A]

100's of threads here on this car park

have a read of these they'll guide you upon what you need to do

https://cse.google.co.uk/cse?cx=partner-pub-8889411648654839:6449422593&ie=UTF-8&q=Heavens+Bank+Retail+Park,+Exeter&sa=Search+CAG

but don't do anything before checking here first please

can you scan up the NTK to PDF please

read UPLOAD

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Yes, read the other threads first and tell us a little more about your circumstances, for example where your vehicle was parked in relation to the entrance. We know that the entrance has rather confusing signage that applies to other premises and none that are clear that relate to the actual car park but I may be giving you old information so recent pictures would be useful.

Also pictures of the siganeg in the car park and of the blurb on the parking meter please.

Lastly, where did you shop within the centre as giving them some grief may get you a conversation with the management of the centre and they have a vested interest in Smart's tenure so any publicity that makes them look bad is good publicity for the motorist.

In short, try to get the retailers to get the ticket cancelled before you say anthing to Smart.

Edited by honeybee13
Paras

Thank you for your reply.

I didn't notice any parking signs, but as I looked on Google Maps there's one small one by the entrance to the estate.

I didn't notice any parking machines either, but that maybe because it was raining heavily and I didn't expect it to be a paid-for carpark.

We got out of the car and run to the Range shop - we parked right next to the door, which is a way away from the turn where I saw the parking sign on Google maps.

I still have the receipt from The Range from that day, but they are not picking up the phone.

I will keep calling The Range and go there on Saturday to take pictures of the signs and parking meters

Edited by dx100uk
quote spacing

the start by phoning the Range head office, they will carry more clout than a local store.

get us the pictures and dont forget we need to see the entrance from the public highway as that is where you are supposed to eb informed that you are entering private land under a contractual offer, not some time after you have aprked.

The Peel Center in Stiockport is famous for its garbage sigange so worth reading up on this place and the court cases from there to see what is expected from signs

Edited by honeybee13
Paras, typos

• 4 weeks later...

I went there and took some pictures, from the street on the side I was turning from the sign is looking the other way, it's only noticeable if you are turning into the car park from the other side (but I took both pictures)

There are signs at the carpark, which I didn't see in the pouring rain and the dark, and no signs next to the shop, where I parked, but looking at the picture now

- there's a banner on the shop wall quite high that says about parking, but I wouldn't be looking that high up above the car when parking.

I found the parking machine, and took a picture of that, just in case - but I did not see it at the time.

Also attached in the next post 2 PDFs - one of the original letter from Smart Parking, the other one is from DRP Debt collectors, which arrived yesterday, asking for £150.

The DRP's letter says the Reason for Issue: Insufficient parking time.

Also it says - the person liable for this parking charge is the person who was the driver when it was issued.

I haven't replied to them so far, and their pictures from the initial letter don't show the driver, so there's no chance for them to know who was driving.

Shall I keep ignoring them or reply something, like that I don't agree with their charges?

Or by doing this I will admit that I was the driver?

Thank you

here is everything in one PDF

docs1.pdf

It isn't time to write to them as your case may not be strong enough yet to get them scurrying back into their rat hole where they reside But whenever you do write all you have to say is "the driver did not " rather than "I did not". But the longer the letter the more likely one is to forget and include "I" in there somewhere thus giving away one of your strong points-who the driver is.

At the moment all they do is try and scare you with stupid letters and escalating the amounts they are demanding hoping you will pay before the price goes even higher.

These fabricated amounts have no basis on law.

You will know when they are close to giving up when they start bringing their stupid charges down.

Usually that's getting on for the time to write to them telling them what a bunch of crooks they are and you have no intention of paying them a penny.

You give them a good kicking and they realise that they have wasted all that time and money on you.

Life can be so sweet at times.

For now just relax and let them waste their money .

Who knows, by that time maybe that supine bunch at the BPA might decide to act in a vain attempt to clean up the stink that is their business.

Oh I just saw a pig fly past my window......

Edited by dx100uk
spacing
  • Confused 1

thread tidied

docs in post 6

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

try now EB I've sorted it.

dx

and they

• 4 weeks later...

Hello everyone.

I received 3rd letter last week. I have made another PDF with all the letters and pictures.

I tried to make them as big as possible this time, so you can read.

I have ignored them so far.

I am thinking I need to write a reply to them now of some sort without disclosing the name of the driver?

What would the wise people say?

Heavens Bank Parking 3 letters.pdf

Don't worry about about those unregulated twerps at DRP they are completely useless and can do nothing to you.

You're still a bit short of sending them packing but you are getting closer.

thank you. So - still not to reply them?

god no where are you getting the idea you need to reply yet?

and they

I have been reading quite a lot of the other posts, but some people say that when they wrote a snooty letter back to DPR saying they have no right to impose fines as they are not the land owner, and that their signs are illegible, and their charges are illegal etc- they stop pursuing you.

And some are writing complaints to the council too.

But some other people don't reply nor react to them at all.

I was just wondering which one was best, to be honest, as I have been reading other threads for about 2 hours yesterday, but there aren't any recent updates on those posts - so I don't know what happened to those people at the end

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

again shows you have not been reading carefully enough...

you wont find anyone on here being told to write a snotty letter to DR+...they are a DCA, they are POWERLESS, a DCA is NOT a BAILLIFF ..

then write to the Tame/fake paperonly SOLICITOR.... WHEN they get a Letter of claim.

you've also fail to understand it is NOT A FINE.. its a speculative invoice for breaking some imaginary contract you entered into by using the car park. only the police /council/courts can FINE you.

read and understand things carefully

and they

the terminology you mention in your above posting shows the limits of your knowledge and send somehting like that and they will laugh at you and take you to court because they know the difference between a charge and a fine, unlawful and illegal and will think that you are easy meat.

Let us know what you get next, we will advise what to say at the appropriate time

• 1 month later...

As post 19

and they