Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hi wondering if anyone can offer some valuable advice,


My partner workplace ( a very large company) has not been paying him, he has been working there for 2 years now and sometime he would go up to 4months without a pay.


When he approaches the managers and payroll department they keep informing him that they are sorting it out and nothing, sometimes they will say his been paid and when he checks his bank account his pay would be £200 for a whole 2 months which doesn’t equate to the hours he has worked.


He has had severely issues with this company to say the least, once he was suspended and when he appealed the case to someone higher they found that the ruling was wrong and apologies to him.


A lot of there workers are not being paid promptly or if they do eventually pay them it way below it expected pay and he gets taxed double ! Also he has taken out quite a lot of loan to keep up with his expense and now it’s getting to much emotionally and financially


Can anyone offer some sound advice on how to pursue this case ?

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Would you mind sending an email to our admin email address so that you can tell me in confidence the name of the employer. I think it would be wise not to put it up on the open forum at the moment.


Would any of the other people affected be prepared to make a complaint about this?


Is your partner interested in staying in the job or would you prefer to leave? It seems to me that what you are telling us here would be good grounds for a constructive dismissal which would mean that it was so intolerable for him to stay there that he was effectively being forced to leave – in other words unfairly dismissed despite the fact that it would be his choice. This would entitle him then to bring an action for unfair dismissal before the industrial tribunal.


However this would mean that he would have to leave his job and start looking around for an alternative pretty quickly

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Can you provide me the admin email address ?


Honestly I don’t think others are prepared to make a complaint about this ( as in legally ) because they are scared because this is a huge company.


No his not interested in staying in the job. Please can you provide me more information about constructive dismissal

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

My wife's payroll used to do that.

When I intervened they stopped immediately and have been paying her pronto for almost a year now.

As soon as pay day arrives and your husband doesn't get paid the correct amount, he needs to write to hr immediately and give them 7 days to pay arguing financial hardship (keep bank account empty).

At day 8 he needs to submit a recorded delivery letter before action to registered head office giving further 7 days.

Day 8 you submit a mcol and a grievance.

They'll pay your husband immediately plus court fee.

Then don't withdraw the grievance, let them waste time and money and ask the name of the person responsible for the missed payment.

They won't tell you but you will be taken off the list of sheep to be targeted.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

@bankflolded I have sent an email.


@king12345 I do like this approach although we have sent several letter and my partner and his colleagues has had several meetings with the managers and someone whom apparently is of some significance in the company but nothing has changed.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Do not pussy foot with companies like them.While you let them do this they will continue.Do as what @king12345 suggest its the only thing they understand Show them that you intend to fight back

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Not being paid tends to amount to Constructive Dismissal.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Please fill in your quit date here

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Tweets

  • Posts

  • Our picks

    • This is a bit of a lengthy one but I’ll summerise best as possible.
      I was contacted by future comms by phone, they stated that they could beat any phone contract I have , (I am a limited company but just myself that needs a business phone and I am the only worker) 
      I told future comms my deal, £110 per month with a phone and a virtual landline, they confirmed that they could beat that, £90 per month with a phone , virtual landline  they also confirmed they would pay Vodafone (previous provider) the termination fee. As I am in business, naturally I was open to making a deal. So we proceeded. 
      Future comms then revealed that the contract would be with PLAN.COM and the airtime would be provided by 02, I instantly told them that this would break the deal as I have poor 02 signal in the house where I live as my partner is on 02 and constantly complaining about bad signal
      the salesman assured me he would send a signal booster box out with the phone so I would have perfect signal.
      so far so good.....
      i then explained this is the only mobile phone I use for business and pleasure, so therefore I didn’t want any disconnection time in the slightest between the switchover from Vodafone to 02
      the salesman then confirmed that the existing phone would only be disconnected once the new phone was switched on.
      so far so good....
      • 14 replies
    • A shocking story of domestic and economic abuse compounded by @BarclaysUKHelp ‏ bank complicity – coming soon @A_Gentle_Woman. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/415737-a-shocking-story-of-domestic-and-economic-abuse-compounded-by-barclaysukhelp-%E2%80%8F-bank-complicity-%E2%80%93-coming-soon-a_gentle_woman/
      • 0 replies
    • The FSA has announced large fines against DB UK Bank Limited (trading as DB Mortgages) - DeutscheBank and also against Redstone for their unfair treatment of their customers.
      Please see the links below for summaries and full details from the FSA website.
      It is now completely clear that any arrears charges which exceed actual administrative costs are unfair and therefore unlawful.
      Furthemore, irresponsible lending practices are also unfair and unlawful.
      Additionally there are other unfair practices including unarranged counsellor visits - even if they have been attempted.
      You are entitled to refuse counsellor visits and not incur any charges.
      Any charges for counsellor visits must not seek to make profits. The cost of the visits must be passed on to you at cost price.
      We are hearing stories of people being charged for counsellor visits for which there is no evidence that they were even attempted.
      It is clear that some mortgage lenders are trying to cheat you out of your money.
      You should ascertain how much has been taken from you and claim it back. The chances of winning are better than 90%. It is highly likely that the lender will attempt to avoid court action and offer you back your money.
      However, you should ensure that you receive a proper rate of interest and this means that you should be seeking at least restitutionary damages - which would be much higher than the statutory 8%.
      Furthermore, you should assess whether the paying of demands for unlawful excessive charges has also out you further into arrears and if this has caused you further penalties in terms of extra interest or any other prejudice. This should be claimed as well.
      If excessive unlawful charges have resulted in your credit file being affected, then you should take this into account also when working out exactly what you want by way of remedy from the lender.
      You should consult others on these forums when considering any offer.
      You must not make any complaint through the Ombudsman. your time will be wasted, you will wait up to 2 yrs and there will be a minimal 8% award of interest and no account will be taken of any other damage you have suffered.
      You must make your complaint through the County Court for a rapid and effective remedy.

      Do you have a mortage arears claim to make? Then post your story on the forum here
        • Like
      • 0 replies
    • 30 Day Right To Reject - Vehicle Casualty Report. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/415585-30-day-right-to-reject-vehicle-casualty-report/
      • 57 replies
  • Create New...