Suspected as shoplifted & held by security guards

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1956 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Yesterday i read the RLP letter fully...in that one column named Data protection act....says that my details will be saved for a period( for 6 years) and will be deleted my details once after the client get the claim from us is this true?

IS IT TRUE will they save my details in their database FOR SIX YEARS?

If I've paid the penalty they claimed...will they delete my name from their database?

If I didnt pay..will they definitely keep my details for 6 years ?

Pls help me...am scared after reading that? I dont want to be tagged as a shoplifter in where in this country...because we came to this country to earn , save dont want to get into any controversies.

Am Trying for job..will this letter and data stored in RLP will affect my career in background check?

Do they any procedures to get remove from the RLP database?

Or can I write a apologize letter to Lidl head office...for what happened three weeks before..will my apologies letter or call be accept by lidl after the RLP letter came?

or should i ignore all?... lead my life....

some some days am getting more scare...cant concentrate on studies too....if i see lidl name board out side the shop itself makes me scare....

very very sorry for annoying...pls guide me..

Thanks

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all,

Yesterday i read the RLP letter fully...in that one column named Data protection act....says that my details will be saved for a period( for 6 years) and will be deleted my details once after the client get the claim from us is this true? no read it properly

IS IT TRUE will they save my details in their database FOR SIX YEARS? yes but no-one can see it

If I've paid the penalty they claimed...will they delete my name from their database? its not a penalty doesnt use that word..and no paying doesn't remove it anyway.

If I didnt pay..will they definitely keep my details for 6 years ? so what no-one can see it

Pls help me...am scared after reading that? why they are powerless...

I dont want to be tagged as a shoplifter in where in this country...because we came to this country to earn , save dont want to get into any controversies. - you are not read the letter properly

Am Trying for job..will this letter and data stored in RLP will affect my career in background check? - nope

Do they any procedures to get remove from the RLP database? why..

Or can I write a apologize letter to Lidl head office...for what happened three weeks before..will my apologies letter or call be accept by lidl after the RLP letter came? waste of time.

or should i ignore all?... lead my life.... YEP 100% CORRECT WELL REALISED!!!

some some days am getting more scare...cant concentrate on studies too....if i see lidl name board out side the shop itself makes me scare....

very very sorry for annoying...pls guide me..

Thanks

now go read other threads

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

now go read other threads

Thanks a ton dx100uk....for your quick reply...thanks for your answer for each and every queries....am very clear and confident now....

Thanks again for every & patient replies...am so thankful for your help indeed....

Thanking you from whole hearty

:whoo:

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

DX is so right on many subjects. 120k plus posts must mean he knows something. His short posts allow me to expand his points.

It has never been confirmed 100% that this database actually exists but even if it did, it will have no effect on you. Even if you paid, your name would still be there. The problem with this database is that it is mainly 'Alleged Shoplifter' cases. Very few (if any) contain names of convicted shoplifters. An example case would be when someone has taken something by mistake and been branded a shoplifter and RLP (via Cireco-the data processing company) gave out the details, they would be in real trouble as it can only state 'alleged' No proof, no conviction.

After all of that, they couldn't release that data to anyone without your express permission and you don't have to declare it either in job interviews or if you needed a visa. On some job application forms there is usually a part where they ask if you have been convicted of a crime. Your answer is no as you haven't been arrested, charged, taken to the criminal court and been found guilty.

If you haven't read this before:-

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?448994-RLP-FAQ-s.-What-do-they-mean-Reviewed-September-2015&p=4762870&viewfull=1#post4762870

please do so. It answers many questions.

Just be aware that RLP can't do anything to you-ever! If they send it to a debt collector to try it on, they have even less power than RLP. The only party that could take action is Lidl but they don't. It is not cost effective to do so.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Thanks sliverfor1961 for your expand reply,

am been very grateful and thankful for you,

because from my first quires you only replied first...

.that too when ever I need you gave a patient and clear answer which made me feel calm down and your words pull me to come out from that incident.

Thank you so much for help indeed.

:grouphug:

and they

I wouldn't like to ask if I ignore first letter, when i can expect second one?

when will RLP stop sending the letters?

How many letter will RLP send?

after three/four month am planning to go to my country then ill come and shift to new house...if I shift will i get into trouble?...because of no response from me to them....will they trace me?

IF I didn't response to the letter, I heard that RLP send mine to debt collect..will he come to house and knock the door??

so scary pls help

just ignore all of them about 3 I think.

no moving doesn't hurt as theres nothing they can do anyway.....

DCA's are not bailiffs and are TOTALLY powerless

and they

just ignore all of them about 3 I think.

no moving doesn't hurt as theres nothing they can do anyway.....

DCA's are not bailiffs and are TOTALLY powerless

Thank you so much :)

Only 3, ok..but in forum i read some people got 5 letter....I dont have enough strength to see...more than 3...:(

If I go to lidl after a year will they have my identity(like my photo from cctv) and will be punished for not paying the claim

Edited by Dsmuk10

you could go there tomorrow, nothing would happen..

p'haps keep out of that same store for a few months

they don't use face recog CCTV and there is certainly NOWHERE employees would ever be able to see a wall of shame

that breaks every data protection rule under the sum.

dx

and they

stop being silly...

PS

just type you don't need to hit reply with quote...

and they

nothing to be scared of..they can do nowt!!!

and they

Morning,

I got your PM but DX has answered your questions.

RLP are more aggressive in the letter sending and will chase for what seems ages before they pass the account to a debt collector.

NO DEBT COLLECTOR will knock your door. Simple reason why. RLP may pay a flat fee to a debt collector to chase you OR the debt collection form agrees a no win- no fee basis. Either way, it is not financially viable for the debt collection firm to organise a personal visit as the person who could visit will want paying for his/her time.

There is another firm called DWF who do send three or four letters then they stop.

It serves no-one to worry about what might happen. Only what will happen and nothing from RLP suggests that they will.

Ignore, ignore some more and when you get worried, read back on this thread to what we have said.

If you move house, don't tell them. It would then cost them more to trace you and it's likely that they won't bother.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

Got my second letter today from RLP , I forgot to mention that both in first and second letter my surname has wrong spelling and the date of incident is wrong(wrong date they mention in the letter).

I gave my date of birth to security....will RLP save my date of birth in their record... I scared because in this country...we can get a persons all information from their date of birth...even their medical history too....

How long does RLP keep my details...when they'll remove my details....does they save my date of birth too...

when they'll stop send these letters...these letters scaring me :(

I too scared that they're having my name and date of birth

Don't stress over this. They add those details in order to scare you into paying. Unlawful/illegal? No but highly unethical. They cannot share any of these details with anyone( apart from police and certain others) without your express written permission.

They don't share those details to the police or anyone in law enforcement as they were not involved at the outset.

Under the General Data Protection Regulations, they would need a damn sight more than your date of birth and your address to get any personal information about you and if say, the NHS did release confidential information about you, the NHS would be in serious trouble. People cannot just get your data since the law was tightened. For RLP to apply for the data, they would need your permission to do so which you won't give.

Don't stress over data protection and keep on ignoring them. They will stop-eventually.

RLP are like dogs with bones. They are reluctant to let go so it won't end soon but all you NEED to do is realise they have NO POWER over you-EVER!

Thank you sliverfox for your quick reply....when ever i get a letter that affects my regular day to day life for some days...its make me hard to come out from the incident....but am trying to come out......

Also i should thank you from my heart....for my every thread... your replies are so quick and makes me so calm...thanks again for words.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Two days before i got third letter from RLP, in that letter one paragraph says, "We take this opportunity of confirming the position regarding your data. we will rely upon our client's information as an accurate account of your action and your information will be retained for a period compliant with GDPR". what does this means?

will they keep my details for life time or what?

Thanks

stuff all they can do with it.

ignore

go enjoy life

and they