• Tweets

• Thanks for the replies,   I have found advice from ACAS about how to word your case which has been useful. I can't say "I won't be in on those dates" as we have a policy for booking leave and it has to be approved on our online roster system.   I think what I need to do is make the case that if I get the dates I feel my son needs there is less chance I will need to take emergency leave at very short notice leaving the service very short of staff. Also I think there is some scope for using anti discrimination legislation as his special needs are a protected characteristic.   I am important to the running of the service as I have more clinical experience that anyone else there and my skills would be missed if I left, My other option is to actually leave and work on the agency as and when I wish.   I have only known one other person have this accepted but that was when I worked at the other hospital in out group which had a large pool of experienced staff, and this was because she was widowed young and had no child care for her 3 kids.   I don't know anyone else who has applied for flexible working.
    • got full refund with no problems at all.
    • Ha ha- some hopes, although the defendant(my daughter) is currently in Manila, whilst I'm in the kitchen. Defendant is an individual: defendants home court pursuant to CPR 26.2A(3) is the correct reason for N180 response?
    • This is my kids home my 4 yr old starting school in September which is just up the road he has friends in the street he is very settled and would be distraught if we had to move really want to save my home ita what I worked for for the past 5 yrs please help me
    • Oh I do hope this wont jeopardize things for me I cant lose the house 
  • Our picks

• Future Comms issues. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/416504-future-comms-issues/
      • 3 replies
    • This is a bit of a lengthy one but I’ll summerise best as possible.

THIS IS HOW THE PHONECALL WENT 

I was contacted by future comms by phone, they stated that they could beat any phone contract I have , (I am a limited company but just myself that needs a business phone and I am the only worker) 
      I told future comms my deal, £110 per month with a phone and a virtual landline, they confirmed that they could beat that, £90 per month with a phone , virtual landline  they also confirmed they would pay Vodafone (previous provider) the termination fee. As I am in business, naturally I was open to making a deal. So we proceeded. 
      Future comms then revealed that the contract would be with PLAN.COM and the airtime would be provided by 02, I instantly told them that this would break the deal as I have poor 02 signal in the house where I live as my partner is on 02 and constantly complaining about bad signal
      the salesman assured me he would send a signal booster box out with the phone so I would have perfect signal.
      so far so good.....
      i then explained this is the only mobile phone I use for business and pleasure, so therefore I didn’t want any disconnection time in the slightest between the switchover from Vodafone to 02
      the salesman then confirmed that the existing phone would only be disconnected once the new phone was switched on.
      so far so good....
      • 14 replies
    • A shocking story of domestic and economic abuse compounded by @BarclaysUKHelp ‏ bank complicity – coming soon @A_Gentle_Woman. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/415737-a-shocking-story-of-domestic-and-economic-abuse-compounded-by-barclaysukhelp-%E2%80%8F-bank-complicity-%E2%80%93-coming-soon-a_gentle_woman/
      • 0 replies
    • The FSA has announced large fines against DB UK Bank Limited (trading as DB Mortgages) - DeutscheBank and also against Redstone for their unfair treatment of their customers.
      Please see the links below for summaries and full details from the FSA website.
      It is now completely clear that any arrears charges which exceed actual administrative costs are unfair and therefore unlawful.
      Furthemore, irresponsible lending practices are also unfair and unlawful.
      Additionally there are other unfair practices including unarranged counsellor visits - even if they have been attempted.
      You are entitled to refuse counsellor visits and not incur any charges.
      Any charges for counsellor visits must not seek to make profits. The cost of the visits must be passed on to you at cost price.
      We are hearing stories of people being charged for counsellor visits for which there is no evidence that they were even attempted.
      It is clear that some mortgage lenders are trying to cheat you out of your money.
      You should ascertain how much has been taken from you and claim it back. The chances of winning are better than 90%. It is highly likely that the lender will attempt to avoid court action and offer you back your money.
      However, you should ensure that you receive a proper rate of interest and this means that you should be seeking at least restitutionary damages - which would be much higher than the statutory 8%.
      Furthermore, you should assess whether the paying of demands for unlawful excessive charges has also out you further into arrears and if this has caused you further penalties in terms of extra interest or any other prejudice. This should be claimed as well.
      If excessive unlawful charges have resulted in your credit file being affected, then you should take this into account also when working out exactly what you want by way of remedy from the lender.
      You should consult others on these forums when considering any offer.
      You must not make any complaint through the Ombudsman. your time will be wasted, you will wait up to 2 yrs and there will be a minimal 8% award of interest and no account will be taken of any other damage you have suffered.
      You must make your complaint through the County Court for a rapid and effective remedy.

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Library/Communication/PR/2010/120.shtml
      http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/final/redstone.pdf
      http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/final/db_uk.pdf

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/consumerinformation/firmnews/2011/db_mortgages.shtml
      Do you have a mortage arears claim to make? Then post your story on the forum here
      • 0 replies

Just before I appeal the invoice, I notice that it says ''If you were the driver at the time of the parking event you are required to pay or appeal the parking charge.''

What if I wasn't the driver? It doesn't say anything about how to appeal if you're the keeper?

So here is my appeal,

Dear ,

I refer to your letters dated 05/10/18 and 14/10/18.

As you have provided no instructions on how to appeal as the keeper this matter is now closed.

I look forward to your timely response that this is now closed, or should you feel that you would like to persue this matter, I look forward to the POPLA code.

Regards,

Registered Keeper.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

HOW DO I START A NEW THREAD?

because the keeper in the eyes must name the driver

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

because the keeper in the eyes must name the driver

Oh well, they're going to be disappointed then :-D

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Sent PE an appeal online and by letter, the LA enforcement team from planning are going to visit the site this week and will keep me informed.

Received PE rejection letter with POPLA code.

As a GOGW they've kindly extended the discount period, unfortunately my discount is 100% of theirs.

What shall I put in my appeal to POPLA?

Do l say the signage and camera equipment are unlawful as they dont have PP?

well believe it or not popla sided with a punter recently that pointed out they had no valid 2018 contract of recent.

not sure about signage PP etc though.

see what EB says

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

well believe it or not popla sided with a punter recently that pointed out they had no valid 2018 contract of recent.

not sure about signage PP etc though.

see what EB says

:thumb:

I would first state you do not believe that they have a contract with the landowner and put this to "strict proof". This is often overlooked these days

Then go with an image of the first sign saying may stay 45 mins without the mention of the penalty ( that is what it is as it is an unlawful demand) and that as there was no mention of any charges on this sign then they ahve fallen foul of the Consumer Rights Act regarding unfair trading terms.

then add that as the sigans and equipment dotn have planning permission so they cant offer a legal contract and you cannot be therefore be bound by it as a criminal compact.

With a bit of luck the council may well get back to you before POPLA make their decision and you can add this to your appeal ( they may well still be bound by their remit to ignore it but they will look stupid). Now POPLA have a habit of showing your evidence to the parking co but not theirs to you (ie you dot get to see the contract and often POPLA dont pick up on expired ones). I would invite them to send you the entire bundle or you do not consent to PE having any of your personal data passed to them by POPLA

TY EB, will draft it up and post it here prior to sending to POPLA.....

POPLA Appeal.

I do not believe that Parking Eye have a contract with the landowner and put this to strict proof.

This is the sign placed at the entrance of the car park, which is only visible from one direction, it fails to mention a penalty and has no mention of any charges which is an unfair trading term under the Consumer Rights Act.

20181008_180643.jpg

The signage and equipment erected by Parking Eye does not have planning permission therefore they cannot offer a legal contract nor can I be bound by it as a criminal compact.

I would expand on the first point to use the usual words of no contract with the lnadowner that assigns the right to enter into contracts with the public and to make civil claims in their own name. So mush more limiting as to what the parking co can claim otherwise POPLA may accept they had a contract with LL but didnt ask to see if they were merely agents or had rights.

secondly the sign is NOT a contract but an "invitation to treat" and as there are no mention of any charges then the motorist is not obliged to consider any other signs as the offer doenst prohibit parking without accepting the contract offered elsewhere.

Then find out which parts of the CRA apply for unfair terms and clauses that arent in the original offer.

Laslty mention the 2007 Town and Country Planning Act when referring to planning. they will claim they are allowed to put htheir signs up as deemed consent but the wording of the act makes it clear they arent if you apply the correct group. It isnt a bus stop or fire exit warning sign, it is an advert and that was decided in Carlill v Carbolic Smoke Ball co if they want people to be bound by their scribble so cnat ahve it both ways

Edited by honeybee13
Paras

Damn it's already been sent........but l shall know for next time. TY.

Ok, couldn't update my original appeal, however this little beaut turned up in my inbox today........

Parking Eye Ltd have told us they do not wish to contest the Appeal. This means that your Appeal is successful and you do not need to pay the parking charge.

Yours sincerely

POPLA Team

Still no word from the LA and the legality of PE equipment.

But am guessing its because of them that PE have scurried back under their rock?

Good news Boo. I expect they realised they had more chance of pushing the Niagara falls uphill than winning.

Well done! :first:

TBH as POPLA's remit is so limited PE may well have got that decision but what they have realised is that you know that they DONT have the necessary permissions ect and there is no point trying to bully you into paying as it would only end in costing them a small fortune and a possible halt to their continued money grabbing from the unsuspecting. Drop this and keep the gravy train rolling...

My thoughts exactly, what's one non payment when they have hundreds of others they can fleece.

Plus the missus has banned me from baiting PPC's,....

Please fill in your quit date here