Tan23

TFL Prosecution letter, Fare Evasion

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 321 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi I was wondering if anyone is able to provide me with some sound advice.

I was travelling from seven sisters - London Liverpool Street on a pre-paid zone 1-2 oyster, the night before I got out of my zone which put my oyster in arrears via 10p. I completely forgot to top up my oyster and walked through an opened barriers in seven sister as I always do when I am commencing my normal journey Finsbury Park - Liverpool Street.

When I got to Liverpool Street obviously I couldn’t tap out, the inspectior took my oyster and said that I hadn’t tap in and I explained to him that I completely forgot. I also told him that I had my bank card and is able to pay the full fare via using the contactless payment. He didn’t acknowledge it, wasn’t writing anything and proceeded to ask my details which I gave him.

He also noted that I have a lot of incomplete journeys and I mentioned to him that due to the time frame I travel the barrier are normally open and I have my zone ticket so I don’t tap in or out sometimes. Is this crime ?

2 days later I received a letter from TfL that they may prosecute me and ask me to give my account of what happened and plea guilty or not, they are still investigating. I sent a letter to TfL apologising and stating that I hadn’t realised that when I tap at the barriers my ticket beeped red, I completely forgot my oyster was in arrears. I didn’t state in the letter that I did offered to used my contactless card to make payment, whilst speaking to the officer at Liverpool Street. I also offered to pay my outstanding fare and any admin fees

Please note I was previously fined by lorol 5years ago.

Although this incident was a complete oversight on my side, I was overwhelmed with so many things going on in my head that I didn’t think to top up, I was used to aspect that I had my zone 1-2 pre-paid and don’t have any issues.

You have to tap in ANDd tap out so the system knows how much to debit. But you know that already, its all in the terms and conditions

What are you referring to exactly?

I have a zone 1-2 prepaid monthly oyster, is it complusory to always tap in and out with a prepaid monthly oyster. Also on this occasion I knew I was travelling outside my zone, although I forget my trip from the night before put me in arrears because I went outside my zone. I was in a rush, taped my oyster on the opened barrier and ran to catch my train.

Moved to the correct forum

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

Hello and welcome to CAG.

Are you asking us what you should say to TfL?

Best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

spreadsheets 

That forum doesn’t really help as I have been convicted of travelling without a valid ticket 6 years ago whilst I was in university.

expired now forget about it.

spreadsheets 

My fare evasion 6 years ago by LOROL or the link to the forum

Lorol

spreadsheets