• Tweets

• Hi GrievingMum   I fully understand and sympathise with your medical conditions.   The 3 screenshots/images in post#21 I have removed as I have converted those into one PDF which is now showing in that post.   CAG prefers PDFs rather than multiple screenshots/images but as I said I appreciate your medical condition so I have converted those screenshots/images into one PDF and removed the screenshots/images and left the PDF in your post.    CAG also prefers that all our caggers remain Anonymous on CAG, could I just suggest that when your have edited your document to just leave it for a while then go back to it and recheck that you have removed all info to keep you anonymous before uploading to CAG.
    • The letter send to contact them. Maybe if they wanted people to ring them they should put telephone? I was in India at the time so not really convenient to call them (I can prove this to them if it became an issue)  
    • Hi  I genuinely have not received this BUT I am not saying that it hasnt been sent as I am sure it will have been.   As i said, my son has the same name as me and I am sure if he had seen one of these, he will have let me know as he did when he opened the second letter. 
    • worthy notes from your thread..   .POFA doesn't apply the docks byeleaws and their signage is a miserable failure to create a contract with you either ( either an invitation to treat or prohibitive signage according to which one you read) . the land is not relevant land as far as the POFA goes so there is no keeper liability in this matter so there is no cause for action against me. As docks and harbours governed by it own byelaws these are supreme to any contract you claim to have so there is no contract for the driver to consider that is enforceable. . 1.There is no cause for action  as there is no contract between us.  The land is covered by its own byelaws that are supreme to anything you wish to claim is an offer so there can be no performance to the contract by yourselves.  . 2. As the land is not relevant land for the purposes of the POFA there can be no keeper liability and that means you had no reasonable cause to obtain my keeper details so any civil claim will be met by a counterclaim for at least £250 for your breach of the GDPR.  . you know it is a dock so covered by its own byelaws so therefore unlikely PE can offer you anything and certainly can't create a keeper liability. . PE has no locus standi , no cause for ation as land not "relevant land" and covered by its own byelaws. IN ANY CASE ss POFA not applicable there can never be any keeper liability.         
    • stuff silly reclaimers they take +35% and no it doesn't meet the deadline no harm in going to the RBS website and starting a claim.. you never know simply put the number of the card in and say you think you had ppi please investigate. say nothing more   they can only refuse you, but comeback here with what they say.    
  • Our picks

Wolfie580

nPower demanding we repay refund from 3 years ago!

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 321 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi,

First time post here, but given the nature of what is going on I could really do with some advice.

So this all relates to a refund they gave my partner and I some 2.5 to 3 years ago.

At that point we were living in a one bedroom flat with a prepayment meter. Now, according to nPower, due to a mistake on their side (they said over charging) we were to be refunded £500.

Upon receipt of the refund letter my partner phoned nPower customer services to ensure it was genuine and it wasn't being handed out in error. We were re-assured it was genuine and that we were definitely owed the money.

Flash forward to yesterday where one of their lovely threat letters was dropped onto my doormat in our new house.

This letter stated that we owe £429 due to unpaid charges (from 2.5-3 years go!), with £7 of that being a trace charge as we hadn't provided our new address to them (we left nPower about 6 months before we moved house and went with another provider and ceased to be a customer, therefore no need to inform them of anything).

Now, according to nPower, the money they refunded was correct, however, as the money really should have gone into the pre-payment account and not the standard tariff account we have taken £500 from them and not paid for our gas and lecky which was used under the pre-payment account.

I understand the issue they are having, but I fail to see how after 3 years they can try to claim we owe this money. It is simply their error, and their mistake, and I feel a time frame of 3 years is far to long to try and be claiming money for debts we never accrued from non-payment. We have never not paid for our electricity or gas!

What should I do with this? They are now wanting to escalate it to further with the view to get the bailiffs in.

Please follow the link and read up on estoppel.

Send them an SAR under the new GDPR regulations so that you get all the documents/data that they hold on you – hopefully, including a record of the telephone conversation that you had with them to clarify that the refund was correct.

I suppose that you didn't record the call? Please read our customer services guide

Sadly they have 6yrs

But i wouldn't trust npowers billing system as far as i could kick it

They have had soooo many issues

Why not ring and record the call

Or

Send them an sar

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

Hypothetical then - let's say I agree to repay the amount. Is there anything that states how much the minimum repayments have to be? I'm thinking of stringing it out for the same length of time it took them to get in touch with me.

The min repayment is what they agree to.

Don't play silly buggers with them, you owe the money & you can still get a CCJ in the next 3 years.

I thought latest regulations forbid them from billing anything over 12 months.

Shouldn't this apply to refunds?

After all it's a bill with a minus sign.

The min repayment is what they agree to.

Don't play silly buggers with them, you owe the money & you can still get a CCJ in the next 3 years.

well I'm sorry, – and it's not often that I disagree with one of the site team – but in this case I do disagree.

I suggested above that you read up on estoppel – have you done that?

It seems here that Npower have made an error – they have given you an assurance either in words or by action that you are entitled to a certain sum of money. You have acted on the assurance/promise in good faith. NPower are now trying to go back on the promise. As long as you did act in good faith then these are all the elements of an estoppel and you should hope that nPower will take you to court because you should then plead an estoppel and in all likelihood judgement will be given against them.

If this does happen then we will help you.

However, I can almost guarantee you that nPower will not try to sue you for such a small sum. Instead they will harass you and make trouble for you – and then eventually give up. This is what most bullies do

As regards bailiffs, they are not entitled to instruct bailiffs until they have a court judgement against you. This would entitle you to put in an estoppel by way of a defence.

Unless you want to tell me that I have badly misunderstood the story that you have set out for us, then I have absolutely no doubt that you can run an estoppel in the event that you face a court action.

You probably have realised by now that nPower are hopeless. They are one most complained about utility companies. They have been fined huge amounts of money on more than one occasion. They rank alongside Vodafone as one of the most complained about utility/service companies.

Already been said, estoppel and back billing. You havent been hiding or ignoring them so they are stuffed. I also agree that they wont want to give up because they rely on the worst computer system in the country and just dont know when to stop

The rules regarding back billing changed this year. More info here >>

https://www.energy-uk.org.uk/customers/energy-industry-codes/code-of-practice-for-accurate-bills.html

Put in a SAR get it all back, ask for the recorded calls as well.

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.