Redundancy Terms Change

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1999 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good day everyone!

I would like some advice regarding changes with the redundancy payment as shown in the Staff Handbook.

In the past, our Staff Handbook showed that in the case of redundancies, payment will be calculated on a months salary for each year of service. (Which I have retained a copy of)

In the last few weeks, I have reviewed the staff handbook again and it now reads that redundancy payment will be calculated on the statuary minimum, being a weeks pay for every year of service.

This has come to a surprise to me and a lot of the other staff I work with. We are all wondering if this change is legal and fair, as it was implemented without our acknowledgment.

Brexit is not too far away and we all believe it will have a fundamental effect on the business we work in and therefore we believe redundancies are inevitable.

Can someone please advise if we have a leg to stand on or do we just accept that we have to put up and shut up. :-x

All comments welcomed!

Thanks for reading

Mark

Hello,

do you have a union who would have been consulted?

Fi

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

So one question then is whether it is contractual. Seems unlikely, but what does your contract say?

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

Unless you find a source reliable enough that can give you the original handbook, nothing you can do.

And even then, if handbook is not mentioned as contractual obligations, it's less valuable than old newspapers.

First post says he has a copy which is why I am hoping it's in the contract :)

Morning All!

Thank you for your replies.

The contract says to refer to the handbook regarding redundancies...

A handbook which can and has changed over time, with no notice.

Seems like there is nothing I can do if we were to be made redundant.

Just all seems a little dishonest.