jazztheman

Amazon - Unfair with faulty goods?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 382 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I purchased a power tool from Amazon last year, at the time the goods was on a reduced promotional price. I chose this tool because it came with a three year manufacturers warranty.

This week the power tool developed a problem and I contacted the tool manufacturers because I registered the warranty when I made the purchase. The company informed me that I should contact Amazon to report that there is a problem with the tool and they will have to sort out the problem.

I contacted Amazon and I was informed that I could not have a direct replacement (probably because the price of the tool as doubled). They also would not arrange a warranty repair. The only option was to offer a refund at the promotional price and that I could make a new purchase at the full price.

I find this unfair because Amazon have the tool in stock and will not offer a replacement. It also makes you think what is point of having a manufactures warranty when it goes back to Amazon for any decisions.

Any comments would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

no warranty is ever worth the paper its written on.

as the fault is outside of 6mts

its down to you to prove it and the supplier can decide what they want to do.

CRA

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

Your contract is with the supplier and not the manufacturer.

Your contract is with the supplier and not the manufacturer.

Thank you. Your information confirms that it is pointless registering a product for the manufacturers warranty when it is the supplier who is responsible for any problems..

A full refund is the best you can hope for, so go for it.

Then you could try a local repair centre to see if it's worth repairing.