Jump to content

sending off request containing two accounts

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5288 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

Hi all, iv recently started making an effort to get back my bank charges from halifax. iv got a current account and a credit card account with them. i sent off for copies of my statements and so far iv only recieved copies of my current account, my question is do i wait til my credit card statements arrive, then add the total charges of the two up and send a request of a refund or do i do it separately and send the first lot off now then when i receive my credit card statements work out how much iv paid in fees and send that off later on?

thanks in advance if anyone can help and id just like to add your doing a great job on here!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest bluecloud

It is possible to pursue each refund separately but combine them into 1 claim at Court. Watch out for the total amount claimed though, it determines how much of a Court fee you will have to pay (although you do get that back).


Send your preliminary for the current account and follow the timetable.


When you CC information arrives foloow the same procedure.


At the end of the timetable for the CC file the claim for both.


If the gap between the two preliminary letters expands beyond 7 days I would suggest issuing 2 claims, one for each account.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Knnicho, I originally thought I'd try and claim on several accounts together, but for a number of reasons, decided to split them.

Like you, getting S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) statements back at different times was one reason.

Another was that there are slight differences between the way you claim for credit card accounts and current accounts.

Another was that, if you get any problems with one claim, then if you stagger the timing a bit, you can maybe put the problem right with the later claims.

Yet another was that, if you have a single large claim, with contractual interest, then it might not go through the SCC.

I also think that maybe the banks don't argue quite so hard if the amount of each claim is smaller.


Just my thoughts, though.


Have you read up on Contractual Interest, yet ?


Do it before you claim, so you can make an informed decision as to whether to claim it or not.






Oh - and by the way, that was your first post wasn't it ? Welcome, my friend !

Link to post
Share on other sites

thankyou! i have been trying to read up on requesting contractual interest but im stil trying to get my head around working it out. i want to make sure i do everything correctly before i send my request for a refund off but am finding it quite daunting now!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Know what you mean - contractual interest's a big subject when you start trawling through the threads. But take it easy, and make abbreviated notes as you go. There's a lot of technical legal & mathematical discussion about it, which makes it seem a bit scary, but the basic principle is simple - mutuality and reciprocity. Keep hanging on to that as a reminder of what you are doing. I have referred to the contractual threads as "geek alley" because of the nature of the discussions there sometimes !! :o (...and, yes, I've put my spoke in, too !!)


To me, what is important is to decide whether or not if you want to claim that. It can make a big difference to the size of your claim, but conversely, it can also influence the banks' decision as to whether to just pay up, or make you jump through a few hoops first.


I would suggest that you fill out a spreadsheet as soon as poss., and then compare the difference that contractual makes to your claim, as opposed to just the Statutory 8% interest. Depending on the size of that difference, you can then perhaps make your decision as to whether to claim contractual or just Statutory. For smaller amounts, or for amounts not going back too far, it's probably not that great. But for larger or older charges, it can seem phenomenal - to the point where people don't believe their figures !!!


But don't hurry this if you don't have to. Read up - get wise - get confident. Then you'll be unstoppable !!





Link to post
Share on other sites
if i add contractual interest it will add alot to my claim but how successful are they? as im really scared i will ballz things up and end up with nothing.


I don't know fer sure knnicho, but I have yet to come across a contractual claim that has not been settled before court. When/if a claim does get into court, then setting out your particulars to claim lower rates "in the alternative" should give you a safety net.


People here will tell you that - even if you mess up your claim to interest, that will not in itself get your claim thrown out for the charges. As long as you can make a convincing-looking case, the banks are still not wanting to take it into court, as far as I can make out.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...