Jump to content


BankFodder BankFodder

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 543 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Recommended Posts

My niece and her mother were subjected to an arson attack on their home over 4 weeks ago. Police are investigating and the fire brigade have already been and reported that the occupants should not be living in the property due to fire damage and smoke inhalation. They live in a multi-occupancy home, with their home on one side and a neighbours on the other. Their neighbours home also sustained some damage on their doors and smoke inside their home.


Hyde has sent numerous contractors to try and clean the soot from the walls but it is still there, electricians to put in temporary battery powered lights and a surveyor as there is structural damage. They have also written a report for Anti social behaviour (which is what they are classing the attack as) but refuse to move them to temporary accommodation and will not provide them will a letter to take to Lewisham Housing.


My nieces mother has liver problems and attends A&E frequently due to inhaling the fumes from the soot which is causing her difficulty breathing.


Is there anything they can do:?::x

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm assuming you have not spoken to anyone but the HA? Have a read of http://england.shelter.org.uk/housing_advice/repairs/how_to_complain_about_an_unsafe_home

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running




Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites



I assume this is them have a good read of this link on 'What are rechargeable repairs?':


https://www.hyde-housing.co.uk/tenants/repairs-and-maintenance/repairs-responsibilities/rechargeable-repairs/ especially: 'What if the damage is caused by crime?'


Also this link: https://www.hyde-housing.co.uk/tenants/antisocial-behaviour/is-this-antisocial-behaviour/arson/


You will need to get medical evidence (i.e. letters from GP better hospital consultant) to back up the need to move for medical reasons.


Do you have written evidence from the Fire Service that they 'reported that the occupants should not be living in the property due to fire damage and smoke inhalation?


If there is damage inside the property due to the arson attack and smoke damage internally just be aware the Housing may say thats what your Home Contents Insurance is for.

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...