11 y/o upaid CCJ being chased

KaptRoger
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2033 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Kindly show me where in the LA there is statutory provision to prevent the isuing of a warrant of execution.

Bet you cannot.

The reason being is that it's actually in the Civil Procedure Rules: CPR Schedule 2 CCR Order 26 Rule 5

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think someone is banging their head here, the Brigg does not want to look at case law for some reason.

The facts are as Sequency stated, the SOL does not apply to county court judgment enforcement, because the judgment and enforcement are the same process, if another action was brought about using the judgment as cause of action, perhaps bankruptcy proceedings for instance then section 24 would be relevant, as it stands all that is required is permission from the court, this is unlikely for the reason stated but has absolutely nothing to do with the SOl.

Edited by Dodgeball

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

My thanks to all involved in the discussion. Unfortunately I'm not sure if I'm any the wiser.

Should I respond to the letter from Hapless? Or should I sit tight and hope that a warrant will not be issued?

Thanks

sit tight.

its an if maybe letter.

if they wanted to enforce it

they've had 6yrs to do so.

they haven't.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Agreed :)

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

Just use the letter drafted but edit out the ref to LA 1980 so this should shut up Hapless an Useless of Banbury:madgrin:

Edited by ims21

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

• 1 month later...

Hello folks,

262 days since their last letter I have received a new one from DLC, heralding the advent of silly season.

This letter is a fun one - "you owe us 10.5K, so pay us £5/month alternatively we will settle for 2.6K - if you don't, we might think about doing some stuff!"

Can any one provide an address for the Compliance Manager of DLC please? I need to tell them that I have not had any dealings with them or their client and have bank statements going back 7.5 years to prove it (he he) - so any alleged debt is completely and utterly SB. Just in case any one asks there is nothing on my credit report and nothing on Trust Online - I am, mostly, a good boy.

Cheers

Just address any communication to their head office.

Buckingham Road

Brackly

Northants,

NN13 7 DN

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...

Hi,

I'm looking for some advice in respect of a CCJ that came to light a little while back. First, if I may give a little potted history of this situation:

2010/11 Letters from DLC saying that a CC debt was owed. Asked for evidence as was surprised by this. Nothing was forth coming.

2012/12 Letter from DLC saying that there was a CCJ and that they must be contacted with in 14 days with an offer. Rang Northampton and was told that the CCJ was a week (might have been 2 weeks) from being 6 years old.

2018/08 Letter from Mortimore Clarke saying the MEIII had been assigned the debt and that they had "been told of the CCJ".

2018/09 Two letters 14 days apart saying that MCS should be contacted to arrange payment, otherwise options like charging orders would be considered.

So, my question is: how do should the problem be approached?

The CCJ is nearly 12 years old. There have only been a few letters (as listed above), so how does this stand? Are the letters attempted enforcement? What is the likelihood of MCS achieving anything?

EDIT: Additional info. We have moved 3 times since the events started - 2011 / 2013 / 2017. We have always been on the electoral register. We were renting until 2017, when we bought a house.

Thanks in advance

Download your free noddle or Experian Credit report. The public information section will list all CCJ's. If it is more than 6 years old it will not be listed there anymore.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

They're chancing their arm, they will need to go back to court to explain why it has taken them12 years to enforce, bunch of jokers.... personally I'd ignore them.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

7 threads merged on same debt

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

ignore!!

and they