11 y/o upaid CCJ being chased

KaptRoger
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2005 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys,

I have received a few letters from Clarity which started with the usual we are trying to contact someone, which I ignored (why help them?) then came the "you owe us loads of money" letter, which I also ignored because I see why I should ring them or do anything initially. Then came the "we will send round the FieldCall people to discuss the fact that you owe us loads of money" letter.

I was not too purturbed because a) I had been chased almost a year ago for almost the exact same amount by Lowell, who finally admitted they were wrong and appologised for writing to me (I had written a very polite "prove it" letter), and b) I recently came across these forums which are a revelation.

I wrote a letter back basically saying, very nicely (I think) - prove it, and I don't want you sending anyone round to talk to me about it.

Today I received the attached letter (suitably redacted), to which I want to reply in this way:

Dear Clarity,

If you don't know who I am, then stop accusing me of owing you money.

Yours faithfully,

etc.

What do people think? I don't wish to fire flaming letters at them, because I feel that that sort of thing can later predudice things, if, for some reason it all turns sour.

I am not worrying particularly, but would like to ensure that my response is measured and reasonable.

Any advice?

Clarity1.jpg

Edited by KaptRoger
Grammar!

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Your image is a bit too small to read captn, can you do it again in PDF format.

You could, of course, write that you do not recognise them or the debt and until they send you something to show that there is an outstanding debt owed by you, you will enter into no further correspondence.

If they are still phishing for your name etc, then I wouldn't respond at all.

check your cra file is still clean

and does not show any outstanding debts you

do not know about

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks for the replies Guys.

Connif I have uploaded the JPG in a PDF (best I can do at the moment). Hope you can read it.

Basically they are saying that they want me to provide 10 years worth of addresses to prove who I am before they can give me any of the information I requested. My last letter contained:

"Therefore please can you provide evidence of any such debt that could amount to such a high amount that I have with you or your clients as I am certain that I do not owe anything."

Strikes me that they don't actually know who I am. Also as the amount is almost identical to the Lowells attempted claim last year I suspect that it is the same one. As Lowells appologised after I asked them to prove that I was the person they were after, I suspect that they sold it on, unless Lowells = Clarity = Hillsden (Clarity's "client").

Connif, I like the cut of your jib, it will make them either go away or force them to provide something....

I'll wait a day longer before replying, so that I can benefit further for your collective and individual wisdom.

Cheers!

Edited by KaptRoger
Security - removed attachment - will add it back in later.

two word reply!

i find it astounding that debt collectors want evidence

from the person they are chasing

as to whom they are

so THEY can pester them!!

go away stupid DCA's

you should not be chasing anyone you are not 100% SURE is the correct person.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Well I haven't got around to replying to them yet, but today I received this attached letter.

Its such a fantastic offer I'm almost tempted.

Well not really.

Also, does anybody think that because they have only ever referred to me by initial and surname, that they really can't tally up who they are after with me?

Clarity3.pdf

Edited by KaptRoger

scan the required letters/agreements/sheets

as a picture file

remove all pers info inc barcodes etc using paint

but leave all figures and dates.

goto one of the many free online pdf converter websites

convert the image to pdf format.

or if you have PDF as an installed printer drive use that

or use word and save as pdf

open a new msg box here

hit go advanced below the msg box

hit manage attachments below that box

hit the add files button on the top right

hit select files, navigate to your file on your pc

hit upload files

NB:you can set where it goes in the post by hitting insert inline.

the hit reply button

dx

and they

Basically they are saying that they want me to provide 10 years worth of addresses to prove who I am before they can give me any of the information I requested. My last letter contained:

Lol - These really are the jokes folks.:lol:

Please don't reply. To translate the bit I made bold into English = we haven't a clue who you are, but bought some debt under the name of smiff so we are going through the 15 million Smiffs in the country to see if any of them are daft enough to reply.

It's just like standing up in court and having to prove it was you that committed the murder.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

Small update. I have now been written to by Fieldcall which says that I must pay in full (!), or make a payment plan offer etc, etc, or they may come and visit.

Can anyone advise on some words? Also can anyone advise on what Fieldcall's actual abilities are?

They are still writing to Initial.Surname

Interesting.

Please be aware that, as a 'doorstep collector' the Fieldcall agent will have very few powers in law.

You are not obliged to make an appointment and, should they call without prior agreement you are not obliged to let them into your house or even speak to them.

They should not infer that they have any powers, such as siezure of goods, attachment of earnings ect and you are under no obligation to discuss theaccount with them.

Equally they must leave immediately, when you ask them to:

they have as much power as the milkman!

dx

and they

Hi,

I'm writing the reply, and have noted that the "signature" on the Fieldcall letter, matches that of "Margaret Windsor" who wrote to me from Clarity. In fact her "signature" is on all the letters I have received from them. Odd?

Also, is it significant that they have never used name as First Name + Last Name, always Initial + Last Name.......?

An update - received a letter from Clarity today dated a few days ago- not from Fieldcall, thanking me for my recent correspondence (which was sent to FieldCall) and asking me to ring them. Hmmm.....no. I've already said thank I will only deal with this matter in writing. Oh well will wait to see what they say next.

Is there a pattern to these types of letters? Can anyone predict what tactic will be used next?

typically the one about we know you are there we have

looked at your credit file

or the discount letter.

dx

and they

• 1 month later...