• Tweets

• Given that it was a package, the Telematics device would probably have been kept at your local Royal Mail office for a week, after it could not be delivered to the address being renovated. After it was not collected, Royal Mail would have sent the Telematics device back to the Insurers.   You have been provided with poor quality customer service as they should really have refused to provide the Insurance, on the basis that you wanted a Telematics device to be sent to a different address than the car was registered to.  I don't think Insurers would do that, which is why it was not sent to an alternative address.   And you use the car 90% for work and may be a long distance away from home. Again, I would question the Insurance they arranged for you.   BeWiser are often complained about on online forums, due to apparently failing to provide suitable Insurances and cancelling when the problem inevitably happens.
    • You also need to explore whether they acted on their own initiative to cancel the policy or whether they were passing on to you a decision made  by the insurance company who issued the policy.   Who is the insurance company (the company whose name appears on the policy and on the Certificate of Motor Insurance)?
    • I have added some lines – and read and made some corrections. I should leave out the stuff about being confused and perplexed. It really doesn't help – all this shock and awe stuff. And in any event, grammatically you have expressed it in a way so that your shock and awe appears to be expressed in relation to your own letter – not the letter which you have received from Aviva. Keep the emotion stuff out of it. You've got lots of good ammunition here. You don't need to start diluting it with outrage.
    • Hi Guys   Sorry for the delayed response   I have attached me Change of address letter and SAR which I am sending to EPS. I have redacted my information but apologies if I have missed something   I have also attached my snotty letter to Gladstone   Let me know if i am missing anything or need to change anything. I was thinking of sending the letter to EPS on Monday and then Gladstones on Wednesday   Also regarding @honeybee13, the comment about saying 'the driver' rather then I. I wasn't too sure how to implement this given i'd have to put my name in so they have someone to send the letter back to?    EPS Change of address and SAR Letter Redacted.pdf Gladstone Snotty Letter Redacted.pdf
    • Hi   I haveh ad a good re read of your Topic and do agree with BazzaS  that you need to take a step back from this and I can appeciate that you are not happy with the treatment that your relative has been given due to the sleeping pill being prescribed.   You mention the wait at the hospital of over X hours but you do not say if this relative went to a certain department with a GP letter or whether this was via the hospital A&E Department.   If it was via the Hospitals A&E Department you need to bear in mind the following:   1. This was during COVID-19 and protetions will be in place to protect both Medical Staff and Patients coming to A&E   2. The A&E Department will Triage every single Patient coming to that Department as to who needs instant medical treament to those who can wait a certain period but as this can be a fast flowing Department the Triage System can change minute by minute dependent on the amount of Casualties/Patients they have to treat.   IMO you need to approach this from the beginning as to why your relative was prescribed that specific medication with there medical condition and that GPs reasoning at that time. (was this fully discussed with that relative at that time, as you say they have capacity to sign a letter, did they understand what the GP was saying at the time about this medication and did they agree to the GPs decision to prescribe this medication if they have capacity and were the possible side affects explained)   My concern is you state they have Dementia then state they have capacity to sign a letter but we are unaware of what type of Dementia the relative has i.e. is it early onset Dementia as you need to be very careful if they have memory loss issues with stating they have capacity to sign a letter when there is no Power of Attorney nor Deputyship in Place for that relative.    
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• Ebay Packlink and Hermes - destroyed item as it was "damaged". https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/430396-ebay-packlink-and-hermes-destroyed-item-as-it-was-damaged/&do=findComment&comment=5087347
      • 33 replies
    • I sent in the bailiffs to the BBC. They collected £350. It made me smile.
        • Haha
    • Hi @BankFodder
      Sorry for only updating you now, but after your guidance with submitting the claim it was pretty straight forward and I didn't want to unnecessarily waste your time. Especially with this guide you wrote here, so many thanks for that
      So I issued the claim on day 15 and they requested more time to respond.
      They took until the last day to respond and denied the claim, unsurprisingly saying my contract was with Packlink and not with them.

I opted for mediation, and it played out very similarly to other people's experiences.

In the first call I outlined my case, and I referred to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 as the reason to why I do in fact have a contract with them. 

In the second call the mediator came back with an offer of the full amount of the phone and postage £146.93, but not the court costs. I said I was not willing to accept this and the mediator came across as a bit irritated that I would not accept this and said I should be flexible. I insisted that the law was on my side and I was willing to take them to court. The mediator went back to Hermes with what I said.

In the third call the mediator said that they would offer the full amount. However, he said that Hermes still thought that I should have taken the case against Packlink instead, and that they would try to recover the court costs themselves from Packlink.

To be fair to them, if Packlink wasn't based in Spain I would've made the claim against them instead. But since they are overseas and the law lets me take action against Hermes directly, it's the best way of trying to recover the money.

So this is a great win. Thank you so much for your help and all of the resources available on this site. It has helped me so much especially as someone who does not know anything about making money claims.

Many thanks, stay safe and have a good Christmas!

• Thanks
    • Hermes and mediation hints. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428981-hermes-and-mediation-hints/&do=findComment&comment=5080003
      • 1 reply
  • Recommended Topics

• Recommended Topics

Offensive security guard. No telephone support

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 917 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I can't get into contact with anyone at the TSB, not by phone, not by email.

I was offended by a security guard at my local TSB branch (Aberdeen).

I am trying to make a complaint but not getting anywhere.

I tried to contact them by phone. The local branch don't pick up and I get an answering machine telling me to call back.

The UK telephone line is an automated machine which asks me for my account number and sort code, which I can type in. Then it asks me for my "security number" or some such and I don't HAVE a security number. So I can't get anywhere with that.

I made an online complaint and I get an auto-response only

Please bear with us...

Thank you for letting us know about the difficulties you’ve encountered with TSB. We’re sorry you’ve had trouble with our service and will do all we can to put things right for you.

As you may be aware, our recent systems upgrade has meant we have seen a large number of complaints, which means we may take longer than normal to resolve your issue.

Please bear with us. We’re working around the clock and will get to your issue as quickly as we can.

We’re sorry about this – it’s not the level of service we pride ourselves on providing and know it’s not what you have come to expect of TSB.

While we deal with your complaint, we thought it would be helpful to provide you with information which tells you about our commitment to how we deal with complaints.

We are sorry for any delay and once again, will get back to you as soon as possible.

Kind regards,

Nicola Whittleton

Blah, blah, blah.

I'm a graduate scientist with all my faculties so if I can't get through to the TSB, goodness knows how anyone else manages.

Totally Shitty Bank

What else did you expect?

Hi and welcome to CAG

You could try head office

Henry Duncan House, 120 George Street, Edinburgh EH2 4LH.

OR

email the chairman

[email protected]

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Totally Shitty Bank

What else did you expect?

ERRR! Language :-D

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

You do have a telephone banking security number, you just don't remember it.

You used to be able to bypass the automated menu. Instead of entering your sort code and account number keep pressing 0 or # and you should get through to a human. Not sure if this is still possible though.

However, your complaint has already been raised and the email you received clearly explained their position in that their response might be delayed. Your issue doesn't sound urgent so why not wait for their complaints team to get back you?

• 1 month later...

Same own here in Glenrothes Pete. No security guard but manager is offensive enough anyway. He forgets who ultimately pays his salary.

Like most big businesses they are totally understaffed, hence no one available to answer phone. They tell you they can't answer the phone because all staff are working with footfall customers-----that's right--people can't get an answer on the phone so they are forced to visit the branch.

Despite all their promises, their internet banking is still in trouble.