Vax Hoover problem

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2000 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had a free of charge replacement Hoover from Vax which has a 6 year guarantee.

I have had it a few years and it has suddenly stopped working

I contacted Vax about sending it back and they said they don't have a record of when it was sent to me though I knew it definitely wasn't 6 years ago.

They told me I need to attach the receipt from the original one to the email but obviously I don't have that.

I know it was October 2013 I received this Hoover as I had posted about it on my Facebook but it's the only thing I have which says when I got it.

They should have a record of when they issued the new Hoover to me on their system as they had my details stored on there.

So now I don't know what to do as I am within my rights to a foc replacement.

no you are not entitled to one FOC..

I would expect after 6yrs the consummate worth of the machine is greatly reduced with age/use.

probably only worth pennies now.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I don't believe the guarantee starts over again when you receive a replacement. It continues to roll from the original purchase, was that over 6 years ago?

They may well delete records after that time as they would no longer have reason to keep them and GDPR would come in to play at that point too.

I don't believe the guarantee starts over again when you receive a replacement. It continues to roll from the original purchase, was that over 6 years ago?

They may well delete records after that time as they would no longer have reason to keep them and GDPR would come in to play at that point too.

Yes the original purchase was over 6 years ago.

The case of the infinite vacuum cleaner.....

By your logic, if you got a replacement, (which has a 6 year guarantee if purchased from new) and needed another when it broke at 5 1/2 years .... if repeated ad infinitum you’d never have to buy a new one!

It doesn’t work like that. If they supplied you with a replacement (rather than you going out and buying one from new) you’ll get the original guarantee period only, unless they have offered you more as a courtesy!