style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 328 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I had a free of charge replacement Hoover from Vax which has a 6 year guarantee.

I have had it a few years and it has suddenly stopped working

I contacted Vax about sending it back and they said they don't have a record of when it was sent to me though I knew it definitely wasn't 6 years ago.

They told me I need to attach the receipt from the original one to the email but obviously I don't have that.

I know it was October 2013 I received this Hoover as I had posted about it on my Facebook but it's the only thing I have which says when I got it.

They should have a record of when they issued the new Hoover to me on their system as they had my details stored on there.

So now I don't know what to do as I am within my rights to a foc replacement.

no you are not entitled to one FOC..

I would expect after 6yrs the consummate worth of the machine is greatly reduced with age/use.

probably only worth pennies now.

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

I don't believe the guarantee starts over again when you receive a replacement. It continues to roll from the original purchase, was that over 6 years ago?

They may well delete records after that time as they would no longer have reason to keep them and GDPR would come in to play at that point too.

I don't believe the guarantee starts over again when you receive a replacement. It continues to roll from the original purchase, was that over 6 years ago?

They may well delete records after that time as they would no longer have reason to keep them and GDPR would come in to play at that point too.

Yes the original purchase was over 6 years ago.

The case of the infinite vacuum cleaner.....

By your logic, if you got a replacement, (which has a 6 year guarantee if purchased from new) and needed another when it broke at 5 1/2 years .... if repeated ad infinitum you’d never have to buy a new one!

It doesn’t work like that. If they supplied you with a replacement (rather than you going out and buying one from new) you’ll get the original guarantee period only, unless they have offered you more as a courtesy!

It will be 6 years from the original purchase. There is case law on this so dont waste time or money on it.