Cowboy Roofer

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2000 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I had a small leak & across the road the elderly lady was having her roof replaced they seemed to be doing a good job,

I asked if they could come & look at mine.

Big mistake he said the batons needed replacing, re felting & insulating & my tiles put back on as there is nothing wrong with them,

for the whole roof he quoted £3,800.00, told me it would take 3 days,

the first day he asked for £300

then the next day another £300

& the day after another £300,

then he came back same day for another £100.

Then the next week because it was held up by bad weather he asked for another £1200 on the condition he finished the job,

then the next week my roof still no further on he said he would be getting the lads to finish it the next day & could I give him some more money,

I said no only when job is completed,

he went away came back later & said he would put new tiles on for the same price if I gave him another £1200 for the new tiles

I did in total

he has had £3400 off me & keeps saying he will give me receipts which he hasn’t although I wrote it all down.

Monday my tiles at the back started to be put back on & he came & asked for money to pay the lads on the roof

I told him he isn’t getting another penny until the job is completed,

then later that day the lads walked off as they hadn’t been paid.

It has been over three weeks now..

He came yesterday to apologise

I told him I had had enough to just put my tiles back on the back & to please leave me alone

I don’t want him doing the rest of the house

I live in a bungalow so there are the back side & front,

I just want rid of him I know I will lose money but his constant harassment is making me ill.

Then then he said the polish lads that he had on the roof had broken a lot of my tiles,

so he would have to go to a reclamation yard to see if he could get some to match they are old clay tiles.

Please don’t lecture me on what I already know I’m stupid for falling for it & even stupider for giving him money without a receipt.

Please if anyone can give me some advice on how to handle this

I would be so grateful as I am a pensioner & can’t take much more.

I’m getting frightened of him coming to my door asking for more money.

The elderly lady who he put the new roof on came across yesterday in tears he hasn’t finished hers completely as some tiles need cutting in & ridge tiles replacing, he is harassing her for money as well she has paid him over £8000.00

Please any advice as to how to go forward will be so appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Hilary

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

As you are a pensioner and paid a lot more then what you got, next time he shows up call the police and tell them you're frightened.

Go on a local community forum and ask for help, you'll be surprised how many people help pensioners in exchange of a good cup of tea and biscuits.