EE Six Month Ownership Issue

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2027 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I got a phone in June from EE on contract that I had to sell due to financial difficulties.

Also, I may not be able to pay the bill much longer and may have to get a DRO.

In EE’s terms and conditions it states they own the items for the first six months, how does this hold up? Could I be prosecuted or done for theft?

Thank you

No. You won't be prosecuted or done for theft. However, if you stop paying then as you must realise they will start to cause problems for you. I can scarcely imagine they will be asking for the return of the phone – but I'm sure that they will start launching into debt recovery mode will include smashing up your credit file and threatening you.

It is possible to blacklist a phone. I bought one still sealed from cash generator and it was blacklisted on startup.

They sorted it out without any question, but I expect that phone had a similar previous owner as you. So in short they can blacklist the phone irrespective of who's SIM is in it now.

yes EE will block it.

several threads here that indicate as such

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

nope , you've broken [or will] the contract when you stop paying.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

COULD you be prosecuted? in theory yes but the chances of it happening are about zero. The phone will be blocked, it is not the SIM that is important but the IMEI and once EE have blacklisted it the other service providers will do the same (at least in the western world adn NZ/OZ). this means you could well have a disgruntled buyer to deal with to add to your woes.

I got a phone in June from EE on contract that I had to sell due to financial difficulties.

Also, I may not be able to pay the bill much longer and may have to get a DRO.

In EE’s terms and conditions it states they own the items for the first six months, how does this hold up? Could I be prosecuted or done for theft?

Thank you